Thoth - List of Editions.

gregory

:bugeyed: I have a deck that you don't? How is that possible? ;)

Er - you are faster off the mark on ebay ? I think you actually have others I don't... But some day I shall steal by in the night and....

Chiska

:bugeyed: I have a deck that you don't? How is that possible? ;)

I have one she doesn't as well! Isn't it a grand feeling. Hey, I think she also doesn't have the Colombian Thoth either! So that would make TWO!! *Happy Dance*

Thank you for posting about this deck that you "won" out from under me! LOL It makes me happy to know it was at least somebody cool who got it.

rwcarter

Thank you for posting about this deck that you "won" out from under me! LOL It makes me happy to know it was at least somebody cool who got it.
Sorry! (Not really! :D ;) )

It really is a cool edition, and I completely forgive the misleading dark green picture on the auction because it has the multilingual titles.

Rodney

RLG

Dwtw

Actually the four-language edition comes up rather often on ebay. I have a feeling that quite a lot of them were printed. All copies I have seen are in the mid-range of greenness. So keep looking Gregory (and others), you're bound to find another.

Litlluw
RLG

karen0205

I'm not sure if this thread is still active but I just came across a Thoth that was kind of interesting.
Anyone know if this is out of print or maybe the value?

here is the info:

Date of deck: 1978, 1983
Publisher: Weiser
Borders, Green borders, cards also green
Box design, Green box, Two of Pentacles on the front
Backs, Colorful rose cross design, no borders
Extra cards, none 78 card deck

LWB, By James Wasserman Plus two essays written by Lady Frieda Harris
with commentary and footnotes by Stuart R. Kaplan.
Says "This edition first published in1983 by Samuel Weiser, Inc."

ISBN: 0-87728-452-0 Price: $18.00

Chiska

I figure I will just post Thoth versions that are new to me....

Date of deck: Recent ?
Date on cards: (c) 1996 AGMueller,
Date on Box: (c) 1986 by AGMuller, CH-Neuhausen.
Publisher: AGM Urania
Box design, it's colour etc.: Large, Blue
Card Size: Large
Language: German
Fronts, borders, their colour and decoration (if any), etc.: Grey Borders, colors fine, but not super bright.
Backs, wether they have white borders or not: Rosy Cross w/White Borders
Extra cards, hexagram, OTO cards, magi etc: OTO Card, Rainbow Hexagram
LWB, contents: No date, brief, ISBN 3-905021-18-8
ISBN: 978-3-905021-18-9

Emily

I'm not sure if this thread is still active but I just came across a Thoth that was kind of interesting.
Anyone know if this is out of print or maybe the value?

here is the info:

Date of deck: 1978, 1983
Publisher: Weiser
Borders, Green borders, cards also green
Box design, Green box, Two of Pentacles on the front
Backs, Colorful rose cross design, no borders
Extra cards, none 78 card deck

LWB, By James Wasserman Plus two essays written by Lady Frieda Harris
with commentary and footnotes by Stuart R. Kaplan.
Says "This edition first published in1983 by Samuel Weiser, Inc."

ISBN: 0-87728-452-0 Price: $18.00

Is that its original box? I didn't realise that any of the greenies were released in a green box. The ISBN and all the other details are exactly the same as my white box C greenie.

RLG

Dwtw

Yes, some greenies were released in the Two of Disks Green box, until the stock of decks ran out, then they were changed to use the identical cards found in the AGM Blue Boxes.

Litlluw
RLG

DavidMcCann

I thought I'd add my copy to this list, as it hasn't been mentioned so far.

A. G. Müller
small (7 × 11 cm)
Golden Dawn cross and © 1986 on the card backs
3 magi included
LWB labeled "Aleister Crowley’s Thoth Tarot | An instruction booklet by the Hermit | This booklet is an excerpt from Aleister Crowley’s | original Book of Thoth." with ISBN 3-905021-25-0

I no longer have the box, and I can't remember it.

Pars

3 decks, 2 appear to be duplicates, 1 Large

I did a search for a particular ISBN and this thread came up...I was pleased as a peach on a warm summer day. But I don't feel as if I know what deck(s) I have although one is the larger version, in that slipcase box, gold interior, and Llewellyn, St. Paul, MN. The other 2 are smaller, but not the mini and have the same imprint from US Games, Stamford, CT.

I have 3 decks and want only one and was thinking of listing them on Amazon but it is clear that I can't unravel which is which to offer them.

The large Llewellyn version is probably untouched except for a review & today checking the coloring.

Any clues as what to do with 3 decks?