Travelling Faeries Log: Round 2

Kahlie

Glad to know they arrived Alissa and kept you company in a fun way.

Enjoy,

Kahlie

geministar

Alissa said:
I just released a non-fiction book about eating disorder recovery, and am now trying to finish final-proofing for a fiction book called "Slave of God" which is historical fiction set in medieval India. :D Busy!

Sounds interesting Alissa, good luck with it :), you certainly are very busy.

I think that card "kick up your heals" came up for most of us. I guess that is just one message we all needed.

So I wonder what the second surprise is ~looks around for Jewel~

Kahlie

geministar said:
So I wonder what the second surprise is ~looks around for Jewel~

I think Jewel is hiding somewhere in the Suspense.... :) Since this Suspense is a thick fog all around me, I can't seem to find our resident Mermaid... somebody yell when you got her, or when I accidentally yank you...

Kahlie

Jewel

Alissa great to see you around again ~hugs~ and congrats on Larkin!!!! Love the name!!!!
Kahlie said:
I think Jewel is hiding somewhere in the Suspense.... :) Since this Suspense is a thick fog all around me, I can't seem to find our resident Mermaid... somebody yell when you got her, or when I accidentally yank you...
I was not lost, I was at the Ren Fest being a pirate *LOL*. Let me contact the person who will reveal the secret, and we will do so by the end of the week :D

Alissa

I did indeed use the faeries for a reading for my friend this weekend and I was surprised how intuitive I was able to get with them. The interesting bias she and I had to get over during the reading was the fact that she actually already had this deck and in her own way, had her own individualized "meanings" that went with certain cards. I of course came at the reading with a blank slate and as such was able to forumlate stuff as I went.

Very surprising to see what they had to say to her, and I think she got a good reading from it. I enjoyed working with them, but I've been deep into busy-Mommy mode and not making enough time to read for myself. Perhaps tomorrow... for today I'm feeling like being lazy.

I picked up the deck just now to pull a single card for me to focus on for todya: Kindness. The rabbit reminds me of a fertility symbol, and also her incredible gentility in order to have such a non-trusting creature put itself within her grasp so fearlessly. The tiniest little white faery by her side reminds me of my fishy-boy growing inside me - today I have been making him a white baby blanket instead of "working" on other things, talking to him while I crochet and telling him sweet mommy nothings while he wiggles inside me.

It is good to be kind... to myself. To remove all other expectations of myself and simply rejoice in being alive, and pregnant. To realize I am complete and my life is whole, and I have nothing left that I have to go and "be" or "become"... I am already It.

Jewel

Alissa said:
I picked up the deck just now to pull a single card for me to focus on for todya: Kindness. The rabbit reminds me of a fertility symbol, and also her incredible gentility in order to have such a non-trusting creature put itself within her grasp so fearlessly. The tiniest little white faery by her side reminds me of my fishy-boy growing inside me - today I have been making him a white baby blanket instead of "working" on other things, talking to him while I crochet and telling him sweet mommy nothings while he wiggles inside me.

It is good to be kind... to myself. To remove all other expectations of myself and simply rejoice in being alive, and pregnant. To realize I am complete and my life is whole, and I have nothing left that I have to go and "be" or "become"... I am already It.
That is beautiful Alissa! :D Glad you are so happy. Hey did you say "fishy-boy"? Is him going to be a pisces like me??? ~grins~ I love other people's children ~giggles~

Alissa

Yes indeed, Jewel! We found out last week that I'm having another boy, and yes, he's supposed to be born in the Pisces cycle. My mer-man fishy boy. That, and when he wiggles inside me, it feels like I've swallowed a fish!

Yesterday was very scary, I had some early contractions but I think we've got it figured out and for now I'm taking it very easy and staying off my feet every moment I can. Kindness to myself, indeed. And my son was home sick... which makes it hard to stay off your feet. But I'm staying positive and just believing this is one small bump in the pregnancy road, and everything is going to be just fine....

As a result, I haven't done much with the cards... so busy trying to be not busy (and going to the doctors).

Jewel

AHHHHHH a mer-boy! ~grins~. He will be fine, you just relax and let him swim. He will be fine and so will you.

You need not necessarily read the cards so to speak, but you could grab the deck, prop yourself up in bed, and pull cards and tell the mer-boy and your other son some stories based on the cards. Story time :D Being your children they will always love faeries you know!

geministar

Look after yourself Alissa and your mer-boy :)

Some stories with the travelling deck as Jewel suggested sound exciting.

I really love reading your posts Alissa and I look forward to reading more when you are able to post :)

Alta

Alissa said:
Having a little mer-baby will be lovely.

I agree with the above! "Healing" with the Fairies is clearly the right deck for you right now!

xxxx Marion