Tree Tarot (In Progress)

faerieluca

Pretty! It's funny cause I was just thinking a tree themed tarot would hit the spot and then saw this thread!

sansa

This deck is far more beautiful then I imagined it would be. Amazing work!

Mellifluous

aww! congratulations! hope to own one soon! :thumbsup:

adriayna

thorhammer said:
How lovely that you finally get to use your deck as intended, and that the finish is nice! Good for you. I bet that was a cracker of a reading, and you'll remember it for the rest of your life!

I'll want the deck and book, but I seem to remember ages ago that you and I sussed out some problems with sending the box etc to Australia, so I won't go for the set. I'll be chuffed just to have the deck and book!

\m/ Kat

I'm going to talk to the post office today about the box and see what they think. I was told no plant products to Austraila, but then I read that "treated wood" could be sent. So more info will be available tonight after I go :)

adriayna

minrice said:
So exciting! original paintings?! Oh my.
It might be nice to offer separate pieces of the set for sale, I realize the point is to buy the set, but so folks could slowly add to the collection as funds become more readily available?

Eagerly await your creation on the site!

Yes, you can get everything separately or together. I know these are tough economic times! If you buy it together its a bit of a better deal---but I'll give you the discounts if you can't get it all together as long as you let me know, haha!

adriayna

SolSionnach said:
Yes!

adriayna, can you tell me more about the bag the deck comes in, and the finished size of the deck (l x w x h)? Thanks!

The bag is a little purple organza bag that matches the deck. The deck comes in a full color printed box (like the ones you get the store-bought decks in). The box has the high priestess card on the front and some information the back. This was all done by a professional printer--they even shrink wrapped it! :p.

The hand-painted wooden deck boxes I made are meant to be the "special container" for the deck. They have 2-3 hand-painted watercolor and acrylic panels, each unique and original. For those of you who got one of my limited edition sets earlier--they are the same kind of boxes.

I had the deck printed at 2.5" x 3.5" (Poker size cards). That was the original size I intended it to be printed at and used from the very first card I painted! My reasoning is this: I have very small hands. I have difficulty shuffling larger decks! The "traditional" tarot sized deck is so hard for me to work with that the cards fall out all over the place and I can't shuffle it well. And so, I said, I really wanted a deck that I could shuffle and work with with ease--and that was the Tarot of Trees.

This project started out as a very personal project for me--I wanted to paint a deck that fit my own perceptions (and hands) using the thing I loved the most--trees. And then when I shared it with all of you, people were so interested in it and it spoke to them. So I realized I would have to get it printed--and more than just for me :). And here we are!

2_Journey

What a lovely deck! I had never seen it before but not must order one. Lovely cards, lovely scans. I have long wanted a plant-based deck, but the ones on the market (eg. Herbal) left me cold. This deck looks just right. :)

adriayna

2-journey: I tried to minimize the "human made" symbols in the deck, beyond the traditional wands, cups, swords, and pentacles. The wands are mostly tree trunks or branches. the cups, swords, and pentacles are a little more traditional. You won't find any people though! The Hermit does have a lantern. The devil has some chains. And the Empress has baskets of fruit. The rest of the deck is nothing but trees, flowers, other natural things. I'm so glad you like it! :)

2_Journey

The lack of "human" elements is one of the reasons this deck hits all the right buttons for me. Trees are among my favorite things in the world, am I'm delighted there's a tarot made specifically highlighting them. The suits as seasons works so well for me also.

I can't wait to get my hands on this deck!

faunabay

adriayna said:
Yes, you can get everything separately or together. I know these are tough economic times! If you buy it together its a bit of a better deal---but I'll give you the discounts if you can't get it all together as long as you let me know, haha!
Yay!!! Thank you for doing this!!!! Because I really, really would like the box as well!! Gorgeous!