V Swords: Bloodless Victory

firemaiden

There are winners and losers. Every opera gig I have won this year (at least nine separate wins) means that another singer didn't get hired. I know some of the people I beat out, and I know they aren't happy. Does that mean I should feel miserable and guilty and go away?

I'm smiling too.

I like Fulgour's take on this card.

koulla

squeakmo9 said:
He appears, to me, to be more smug than nobel. If he doesn't watch his step he'll find himself on the other side of that victory- the losing side.
In the Golden Tarot, the main figure, the Victor, holds a big white dog by the leash, which suggests, that this battle has been won by unfair means, an advantage over the losers,

tink27

Fulgour said:
the fountainhead
by Ayn Rand

Howard Roark laughed.

He stood naked at the edge of a cliff. The lake lay far below him. A frozen explosion of granite burst in flight to the sky over motionless water. The water seemed immovable, the stone flowing. The stone had the stillness of one brief moment in battle when thrust meets thrust and the currents are held in a pause more dynamic than motion. The stone glowed, wet with sunrays.

The lake below was only a thin steel ring that cut the rocks in half. The rocks went on into the depth, unchanged. They began and ended in the sky. So that the world seemed suspended in space, an island floating on nothing, anchored to the feet of the man on the cliff.

His body leaned back against the sky. It was a body of long straight lines and angles, each curve broken into planes. He stood, rigid, his hands hanging at his sides, palms out. He felt his shoulder blades drawn tight together, the curve of his neck, and the weight of the blood in his hands. He felt the wind behind him, in the hollow of his spine. The wind waved his hair against the sky. His hair was neither blond nor red, but the exact color of ripe orange rind.

He laughed at the thing which had happened to him that morning and at the things which now lay ahead.

He knew that the days ahead would be difficult. There were questions to be faced and a plan of action to be prepared. He knew that he should think about it. He knew also that he would not think, because everything was clear to him already, because the plan had been set long ago, and because he wanted to laugh.

The Ayn Rand Institute: The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

Fulgour,

Although I had no prior knowledge of Ayn Rand, your perception of the body as an energy system is refreshing and very stimulating.

When I first laid eyes on this, I did a double take, read it, and then read it again energetically. This has enlightened me tremendously in regards to the Five of Swords. It brought to mind a quote I read regarding the study of Zen.

Of course the books flew everywhere until the one I wanted revealed itself to me.

"Pattern your life after the giant bamboo. The exterior, though smooth and lovely to touch, is tough and resistant to the sword. Within, it is soft, pliable, with much empty space for continued growth. It grows neatly and ordered, never cluttered. Alone, it rises tall and straight, always upward to the sky. There, it spreads its beauty to the sun. It leans on nothing. It makes its own way, perhaps enar others, a part of others, but very much dependent upon its own strength and force. So pattern your life."

The Way of the Bull, Leo F. Buscaglia, page 11.

Thank you.

tink

Lillie

This thread has been very intersting and informative for me, today.

Thank you all.