Vargo's Gothic Daily Card

Alissa

7 of wands. I hear the song in my head. He looks defiant, more defiant than I feel at the moment.

Waiting. And struggling. I remember firemaiden's reading for me from 8 mons. ago... what she told me of the 7 of wands, and waiting for the "locks".

(Two sparrows just flew up to my window and looked at me. How startling.)

Sparrow says, "Patience" ?

Editted the next day to add: When I opened (another) agency rejection letter yesterday afternoon, I could hear the scream of defiance of this beast in my head, and I remembered the card. "Well, here we are."

But, I had forgotten about the sparrows.

And, in the Chat room, later yesterday, I asked Osher for a reading on advice for promoting the book: the Hanged Man came up, with the Page of Cups and the 7 of swords. (The 7's reminded me of each other immediately). And Osher's message: Patience, hang in there. The waiting isn't over yet.

Interesting to see how the messages interacted.

annik

4 of pentacles

I seems to have a lot of wands and pentacles in the last few days.
I think I need some confort on the financial side. I am tired to have financial worries. On the good site, I will work on january. That is a good point.

annik

The Hermit

So much to do that I had intended to stay at home today. Quite good to have the hermit today! lol! But tomorrow, it will be another matter. It will be much more fun with the tarot meetup! Going back into deck picking for tomorrow!

Alissa

Queen of Wands, rev. My first thought, "Naomi!" I should call Naomi.... (She looks so much like Naomi it's freaky).

But the Queen is me. And there's more blood on her familiar's claws. What kill will be drug in next? At least there's no mail on Sundays.

One of my ravens JUST perched on the treetops outside my window. There are none in this card, but funny to see one of my birds appear right as I was writing of familiars. Tangent: in the Potter movie last night, most wouldn't have seen the difference in the birds. But I know, so I did. That one is a crow, *that's* a raven. That's a crow... and that one for the closeup, that is a raven. They obviously picked up more birds for the shot, and to most people's eyes black birds are black birds. But to me, I see beaks and tail feathers and I hear their voices, and I know. Because I've bothered to learn.

(Last night... I just remembered... last night I had a dream where I was in the woods walking, and my ravens were there. And I called to them, like I know how to, clicking and cawing. It was such a realistic "memory" I had forgotten it was a dream... I've done this so many times in my regular life.)

I feel the Queen of Wands creativity being boiled inside, a nice low boil.

Alissa

Knight of Swords, rev. CRINGE~!

Well, hi. I know, it's sucky... time to cut a new piece? Your sword is drawing shapes on the ground, I see it. Yea I've been working on this one, it's slow-going, my Knight. I will be listening, extra hard. I wouldn't mind a new inspiration to carry me through.

That's it... isn't it? I just heard you... really? It's time, are you SURE??? By MYSELF? Ok... well the WM2005 is almost out, I can do it my goddamn self. :) Won't be the first time. Likely won't be the last.

Editted to add: I just opened my email and found the audition notice, but that is FUNNY my Knight!!! Looky, there's me on the audition notice, under Directors... "Choreographer: Alissa...." And I had no idea I was "doing" a show. I think it's a typo - Robb would have called me if he needed me to revive the show with only a few weeks notice. I think he's replacing me as choreographer, I really do. That was a typo, trust me.

I think you're reversed for more reasons than one.

I was signing on my email to send a note to Robb... and opened it, and found Robb has me listed as his choreographer for the show revival instead. Today is shaping up strange already, and I like it.

Alissa

5 of wands. Several things stand out immediately... the dark of their bones against the light behind them. Like reverse images. Four 4 of the 5 ravens are cawing. My guides may be talkative today. I'm listening!

Listening.... I look at wands in this deck and continue to hear songs, sightsinging the wands into what I see for notes, twisted into a melody. (lo A - lo E - middle C - lo B - lo E... starting in A, it sounds minor already). It seems an appropriate diddy for this scene. Dark, forboding.

I have 5 things going? Lemme count...yea, at least five. More, depending on what level of significance I give it. I've read this card in the RWS as having 5 battles simultaneously being fought. But, in the Gothic study, in the past this card has bespoke of the need to turn back now, to realize your opposition and chose your path wisely.

Perhaps I need to scale back. Several books to promote, several articles, a slew of proposals, agents who can bite my ass, and thank-God more shows (Robb tried to reach me but didn't, and I *am* choreographing the show, auditions on Saturday).

You don't know me very well if you expect me to scale back now. It's one thing to tell me I need to focus. It's another thing to tell me I "can't" do it all at once. Freakin *watch* me, mutha.... You don't know WHAT I'm capable of.

I'm not intimidated. It's a nice show, and the Gieger-looking death creatures are kinda cute and all... but no. I'm not scared. I'm standing my ground, and I'm not turning back. Now I suggest you hand me a cloak... I'll draw less attention to myself if they don't know I'm not already dead.

In fact, I'm getting a might riled up. This card feels more like the agency barb wire I've been ensnared in. I'm ready to cut that and run. Talent leaches, and the worst of it is they don't know talent, they only know MARKET. Let's talk Money, not Talent. Let's talk Money, not Spirit. Let's talk Money, not Wisdom. Get me my sword, I'm gonna mow 'em down today. Drive this right through your incorporeal bones, take tHAT~!

annik

The emperor

Pretty boy surrounded by woman. Tonight, I am going to a music show. I feel I am in the crowd of the woman but I am not extremely enthousiastic about it. There will probably be a lot of manly influence today...

Alissa

Knight Pentacles, rev. Who are you? I've not really met you.

His foot is wrong. His right foot doesn't wrap around the skull, but rests flatly on top of it, as if there were no weight in the foot at all, but one who is hovering weightless. The skulls at his feet are the bones of the past. This Knight usually has cautionary tendencies, reversed I want to unstick him from the mud and mire.

Oh... you have 3 wolves. Interesting.

The roots and the branches are almost Rorschach blot image reverses of each other - you could almost see them meet if the card were folded together. You see this much more by looking at it upside down. I bet that was unintentional by the artist. But "As above, so below" is reflected back to me in it anyhow.

Edited the next day to add: Sometimes I reread my morning reading and can't figure out if that particular message made it's way into any part of my day. Yesterday I was stuck in the mud, like the Knight Pentacles, getting nothing done creatively due to trying to get Everything Else done in my Real World (rev).

annik

knave of swords

This deck seems to have a sense of humor. This knave is very watchful. I don't feel that way. I had a short night. Last night, I was for a music show. This morning, I got waked up by the alarm and my cat urged me to wake up. Goodbye for a restful sleep. So I had a short night. I don't really feel sharp.

annik

8 of cups

I really feel I am turning my back on something. I feel I am acting while following my instinct. It can be a nice feeling.