ways to develop intuition/psychic ability?

january

Hi everyone!

I've been in "lurk" mode but now that final exams are over....

The other night, I wrote down all of the intuitive/psychic experiences I have had since the time I was about 2 years old, beleive it or not. The first had to do with the Nixon administration. I had this wooden box I played with that had cut-outs on the top in which to put blocks. In a dream (yes, I was about 2 - my earliest vivid memory) I was dropping my blocks inside and happened tp pick up Richard Nixon by the collar and drop him inside one of the holes. He was screaming "No! No! Please, No!" I can still see him wriggling in his black suit. That dream is still so clear to me. That was the year of the Watergate investigations, impeachment trials. This was the first of such experiences I have had.

Another happened before the onset of my father's illness; In a dream, I was in a department store with my mother and we were frantically racing up and down the aisles and I was saying to her "Dad's not doing good". Then I'd run into her again and announce "He's going to be okay!!" This just kept tugging back and forth in my dream. I was so puuzzled when I awoke. About a month later, my father was in hospital and the history of his illness went just like my dream- one doctor saying he'd be fine, another daying there's no hope. He passed away sixth months later.

Another instance happened on my wedding day. At the reception, after our first toast, I placed my wine glass down on the table and this thought came from nowhere (but nowhere is actually somehere, right?), as clear as the crystal I drank from, "I'm going to divorce him some day". Our marriage didn't last a year (a very GOOD thing, I might add!).

I am sorry to be long winded here, but occurances such as these have been a part of my life! These are only a very few. My problem is, I only seem to recognize these messages or "coincidences" (in which I don't beleive) after the fact. Recently, I have tried to be conscious and aware of everything. I write my dreams as soon as I awake and record any curious enocunters no matter how subtle. I pay attention now!!

Does anyone have any methods, pratices or books to recommend about developing psychic ability and/or intuition? I truly insist that we all have this ability and something in our childhood (perhaps the development of the ego) supresses it. Also, I would love to hear about any similar experiences you have had.

Thank you for listening to my rambling!

~ january

tarotbear

WOW! Richard Nixon, eh? And when you were TWO?

Journal, Journal, Journal! I can never emphysize one enough. Record EVERYTHING about an experience 'for the record'.

GeminiLady

Hi January,

The first thing I would suggest is that if you aren't already doing it, learn to meditate. One of the benefits of learning meditation is that it helps take you to that receptive state where you can be more open to things.

Also, finding a tool to work with is very helpful. Whether it's tarot cards, runes, crystals, tea leaves, dominos, palmistry, the list goes on.... :) There are so many differnent tools to help you in this area. It's important to find what works for you personally.

Something else is read--and then read more! Whatever you can get your hands on and that you feel good about. Some areas have classes,workshops, or clubs. Your local bookstore can be helpful here.

Tarotbear has good advice with the journal. I wish I had kept a better one, but there's always time to start!

Good luck to you!

Love and Light,
Gem

New River

i think we all should pay more attention to everything. there are no coincidences.

and i think everyone is intuitive. don't get down because you don't recognize what it means immediately. if you understand it later then it has been a gift, even if to wake you up to your intuitional self.

i still remember some of my dreams from childhood and have always had the precognition thing going on. if something is strong enough to get my attention i listen.

the more we use these tools the higher it becomes. i always write down any thing i remember from dreams. many have proven to be highly intuitional about events to come.

the other night we were at a small party and the host came burstiing into the room to say 'someone' had just tugged on his shirt in the kitchen. strong enough to make him think he had caught his shirt tail on something and reached back to free it. but.........nothing was there. i was excited about this as we had just been talking about an artist friend who had died last year about this time.

i said, maybe it was jim. he didn't buy into this. i said, why don't you ask who it was? just then the phone rang. i said that maybe that was them! there was no one on the phone, just static! hello!!

but again, this man just shrugged off this experience. how sad for that spirit trying to get his attention.

if we are willing to open ourselves up to experiences like this they will happen often. i mean, who likes to be ignored?

love, light and hope, New River

january

Thank you all for your advice...

TarotBear - Yes, Mr. Nixon at 2 years old! I'm planning on doing a painting of that dream for my Art Therapy portfolio!). And my journal is my best friend - I can't wait to spend time with her every day!

NewRiver: Yes, how sad I feel for people who are too afraid to feel and believe that there is a connection with people even when the physical bond is gone. They miss so much, don't they? I still think its the domination of the ego at an early age. I found a good book by Carol K. Anthony "Love, An Inner Connection" (based on the I-Ching). It was from those pages I discovered how the ego blocks the Higher Self shortly after infancy.

GeminiLady: I'm going to take a meditation class at the new age shop up the street. I haven't had much luck with self-taught meditation. I'm embarassed to say I get too relaxed and fall asleep!!

I can't wait to dream again tonight...

~ january

Greenman

you can try repeating an affirmation like
"i AM developing my intuitive abilities", or
"my psychic abilities ARE increasing". always do affirmations like this in the present tense, always "i AM" and never "i Will". repeat these at least ten times in a row, preferably out loud. and unlike meditation (which is highly recommended!), this can be done at bedtime. in fact it's probably better to do so. continue with this as long as you feel it is helping, but realize that at least two weeks will be required before any results will manifest.
good luck!

purplelady

January, I recomend the "Seth" books written by Jane Roberts, mostly in the 70's. One of the books , I can't remember exactly which one , has exercises to develope you psychic abilities. But all the books broadly apply. I once tried some of the exercises with a close friend of mine. The successes were interesting. I haven't found many people at all who are Really interested in testing/developing these abilities. At least not the people I know outside of the internet! I read that in the past , the Russians were actually very interested in developing psychic talents for their government!

purplelady

Quote:tarotbear (21 Dec, 2001 16:55):
WOW! Richard Nixon, eh? And when you were TWO?

Journal, Journal, Journal! I can never emphysize one enough. Record EVERYTHING about an experience 'for the record'.

Take it from someone who takes it to an extreme, I REAlly need to invest in a paper shredder! But find it really hard to dispose of things I wrote years ago too . It's a dilemna!

Jeanette

I've slowly been trying to develop my intuition, and lately have had a lot of burned out light bulbs, way more than usual, one or two a week! Just thought I'd throw that in for my 2 cents on the subject!

purplelady

Jeanette, there was a topic on that very thing (burning out lightbulbs and other electrical mishaps!) while using or learning psychic powers! On these boards once . I cannot remember even if it was this incarnation of the boards. Maybe someone else can find it , if it still exists?