Weirdest, the Most Paranormal Tarot Experience You Had?

reverenderik

This thread has been dormant for a while, but I've got a weird story.

I was at a friend's house, and his roommate wanted me to read her cards. We sat down at a table and I began. My friend watched intently. I dealt out the cards, six of them, and they were all cups. This was baffling to me. The chances of that happening are something like 1 in 10 million. I immediately suspected that I hadn't shuffled well enough since the last time I'd sorted the deck. (I remember shuffling the deck thoroughly, though.)

I told the roommate that I needed to re-shuffle, so I did, and began dealing the cards again. The minute I started, my friend fainted and fell to the floor.

He was okay. But the experience was very strange. I never finished the reading.

InionAradia

This thread has been dormant for a while, but I've got a weird story.

I was at a friend's house, and his roommate wanted me to read her cards. We sat down at a table and I began. My friend watched intently. I dealt out the cards, six of them, and they were all cups. This was baffling to me. The chances of that happening are something like 1 in 10 million. I immediately suspected that I hadn't shuffled well enough since the last time I'd sorted the deck. (I remember shuffling the deck thoroughly, though.)

I told the roommate that I needed to re-shuffle, so I did, and began dealing the cards again. The minute I started, my friend fainted and fell to the floor.

He was okay. But the experience was very strange. I never finished the reading.

Just two days ago, I did multiple readings for the same friend, for practice. One of the readings were all cups, and another of the readings was all pentacles. I'd already done maybe three or four readings before each of those, and shuffled thoroughly between each. Weird.

But the weirdest thing is, a few years ago, I did a general (Celtic Cross) reading for the same friend on a Tuesday morning. Now, I can't remember exactly what cards came up, but they were all pointing towards family issues, grief, pain, departure/removal, these kinds of things. I distinctly remember reassuring the friend that the Death card did not necessarily mean literal death. She was convinced that someone she cared about was going to die. That Friday, I was with her when she got a call saying that her cousin had hanged himself. She blamed herself, of course, for not trying to do something. I wish, now, that I'd done another, more specific reading. But... it was definitely strange. Honestly, I don't think we could've done anything to stop it. But that's just the sense I got.

ana luisa

By far, the weirdest and scariest experience I had with the paranormal was a spiritual possession. I don't want to go there EVER again!!!! It took about an hour and 9 people to "pull me back".

celticnoodle

By far, the weirdest and scariest experience I had with the paranormal was a spiritual possession. I don't want to go there EVER again!!!! It took about an hour and 9 people to "pull me back".

OMG! That is indeed a fearful happening!!! I have had spirits 'walk in' to my body while doing readings, but not to possess my body for anything else then to let me know what is going on while I read for their loved ones. They leave me (generally) immediately after I close up the reading. I was only once afraid of such a thing, when I brought forth a spirit for my customer, who had been a drug abuser & died doing so. I had a very hard time shaking him and for hours it was as if I was drugged up. I couldn't walk well or anything for hours. I began to put forth a solid rule that I will not bring anyone through who died from drugs or abuse, or who abused another person or committed suicide or murder. Too frightening.

ana luisa

OMG! That is indeed a fearful happening!!! I have had spirits 'walk in' to my body while doing readings, but not to possess my body for anything else then to let me know what is going on while I read for their loved ones. They leave me (generally) immediately after I close up the reading. I was only once afraid of such a thing, when I brought forth a spirit for my customer, who had been a drug abuser & died doing so. I had a very hard time shaking him and for hours it was as if I was drugged up. I couldn't walk well or anything for hours. I began to put forth a solid rule that I will not bring anyone through who died from drugs or abuse, or who abused another person or committed suicide or murder. Too frightening.

Yes, CN, it was horrific... I can say that that day I truly experienced the "help" of my guardian angel, or protector, or whatever you may call it. I was staying with a group of friends at a nice house in the mountains. I went to sleep while they stayed awake talking and watching TV. Then, a couple of hours later, I heard a loud scream in my ears telling me "to get up and get help because I was dying". At first, I didn't understand what was going on but the voice kept pushing me to move and GET HELP. Thing is, at this point, I was already "taken". I couldn't SEE even with my eyes open, I couldn't move at all let alone stand up and get help. I believe that's probably what a coma might feel. Some say I experienced a sort of sleep paralysis but I read A LOT about it and it felt completely different... I didn't manage to walk but fell on the floor while trying to stand up and friends got me, took me to the living room, still uncosncious and asked what was going on. For about an hour, I could hear them but not see them. All I could say was, "please help me, they're taking me away". I knew there were 2 entities (don't ask me how) as I felt a strong yank/pull from my belly button throughout the whole episode (my fiends, poor guys, thought I was convulsing). Later on, I learned that there is a sort of "string" on your belly button that is related to lifeforce/energy... I tell you, I really do not want to go through that again.

celticnoodle

yes, the soul's 'life line' is attached at the belly button, so they say. Thankfully, I've never had an experience as frightful as yours. I hope I never do! I've known other people who have and it has changed their attitude towards doing anything with the paranormal. I have to remind myself that what they experienced was so fearful that they can't put themselves into that position ever again. These are people I know who have trouble with what I do--(my tarot/oracle readings, meditating, psychic and medium readings). I think that if I did have such a terrible possession, I may also be of the same thought. The type of possession I had was scary enough--but I can't imagine how frightful it'd be going through what you experienced. (((ana luisa)))

ana luisa

yes, the soul's 'life line' is attached at the belly button, so they say. Thankfully, I've never had an experience as frightful as yours. I hope I never do! I've known other people who have and it has changed their attitude towards doing anything with the paranormal. I have to remind myself that what they experienced was so fearful that they can't put themselves into that position ever again. These are people I know who have trouble with what I do--(my tarot/oracle readings, meditating, psychic and medium readings). I think that if I did have such a terrible possession, I may also be of the same thought. The type of possession I had was scary enough--but I can't imagine how frightful it'd be going through what you experienced. (((ana luisa)))

Thank you for the hugs :) I still use cards and sometimes deal with the paranormal because I guess, my country deals with that sort of thing all the time. It almost feels normal, although scary. We even have people who are experts on "receiving" spirits to communicate with the living. They are like their conduit or means of communication. The only thing I gave up doing was asking questions to the OUIJA board. That stuff does gives me the creeps. It is too dangerous because you open your house and channels to whoever wants in. Almost like having sex with thousands of strangers. You never know what you're going to get ! :D

newlillith

I was reading at a metaphysical convention and a woman sat for me. I read for her question and then she told me about her brothers health problems and asked if he would die this year. I asked if she was REALLY sure she wanted to know because I have gotten affirmations to this question that have scared the S*** out of people. In fact, I always ask that info on people dying never come up during my readings UNLESS the querent is ready to hear it. The woman said "yes," in a way that told me she would be ok with whatever answer came up. My typical practice with extra questions is to just pull the deck apart at whatever spot feels right and pull the card on top. I saw the Death card very clearly in my mind and was flabbergasted to have it be the card I pulled. From some random spot in the deck! I held it together and showed her the card and said "it's a very clear yes, I'm sorry." And she was fine, she said he'd been sick for a long time. When she left I had to take a break so I could process what had just happened!

This is not the first time that's happened to me either. Another time when I first started reading for others I did a "year ahead" spread for a friend. Death came up in November and I told her that death usually does not mean an actual death, BUT that I had a very strong feeling it would mean an actual death would occur. Not hers, but someone connected to the family. In November that year she contacted me to tell me a good friend of the family had passed unexpectedly. And also I had freaked her out so much she would never get another reading. Oops!!

ana luisa

I was reading at a metaphysical convention and a woman sat for me. I read for her question and then she told me about her brothers health problems and asked if he would die this year. I asked if she was REALLY sure she wanted to know because I have gotten affirmations to this question that have scared the S*** out of people. In fact, I always ask that info on people dying never come up during my readings UNLESS the querent is ready to hear it. The woman said "yes," in a way that told me she would be ok with whatever answer came up. My typical practice with extra questions is to just pull the deck apart at whatever spot feels right and pull the card on top. I saw the Death card very clearly in my mind and was flabbergasted to have it be the card I pulled. From some random spot in the deck! I held it together and showed her the card and said "it's a very clear yes, I'm sorry." And she was fine, she said he'd been sick for a long time. When she left I had to take a break so I could process what had just happened!

This is not the first time that's happened to me either. Another time when I first started reading for others I did a "year ahead" spread for a friend. Death came up in November and I told her that death usually does not mean an actual death, BUT that I had a very strong feeling it would mean an actual death would occur. Not hers, but someone connected to the family. In November that year she contacted me to tell me a good friend of the family had passed unexpectedly. And also I had freaked her out so much she would never get another reading. Oops!!

i am impressed with the way you deal with this card and convey the "message" to people. It does take a lot of care and it can be quite delicate. I also picked imminent death twice but for two animals. And in both cases, death didn't come as the Death card but as the Empress. i figured it meant going back to Mother Earth...

ravenest

What ? From a tarot reading ? :bugeyed: