Weirdest, the Most Paranormal Tarot Experience You Had?

ravenest

So you weren't even doing tarot when it happened ? !

Thank you for the hugs :) I still use cards and sometimes deal with the paranormal because I guess, my country deals with that sort of thing all the time. It almost feels normal, although scary. We even have people who are experts on "receiving" spirits to communicate with the living. They are like their conduit or means of communication. The only thing I gave up doing was asking questions to the OUIJA board. That stuff does gives me the creeps. It is too dangerous because you open your house and channels to whoever wants in. Almost like having sex with thousands of strangers. You never know what you're going to get ! :D

I am glad you came to that conclusion about the ouija board .

Maybe you should read through this thread ?

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=220854

Lil Red

I am not sure if this is a paranormal tarot experience, but my mom said that at times when I do a tarot reading I have a far faze expression. There was a point that she got scared for me so she called out my name. I blinked and looked at her as if telling her what. Her expression was priceless, but understandable.

It is just that there are times when I get images or a quotes in my head that I try to dig deeper, but get nothing at times. So I pretty much get lose in my head trying to digest what comes out of it. It is pretty interesting.

Another experience with the paranormal, but without tarot is I get messages. In the beginning I was a bit upset cause I know that was not my usual dreams. This dream was of reading (you know like reading a book, but only the words) and there was a guy talking to me. I know it was something important heck I am pretty sure I know who, but it was disturbing. Those dreams were pretty rare though and not something that I will share with my mom.

You can say that my mom receives messages from her dreams, but she is better at it when she smokes with her saint. You know when you are at your altar and light a cigarette for him and herself (she's a smoker).

But I'm not sure. It may be all in my head. I mean this is coming from a girl who dreams about zombies. :joke:

ana luisa

So you weren't even doing tarot when it happened ? !

I am glad you came to that conclusion about the ouija board .

Maybe you should read through this thread ?

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=220854

You know, when teenagers get together, they like to do paranormal stuff. And at that time, I was already reading cards and asking the Ouija things. I believe that night, some uninvited guests just decided to "take over".
Thank you for the link. :) Will read it carefully tomorrow .

nisaba

I don't think the "paranormal" is weird at all. I think it's normal. Weird, to me, would be wandering around in the world without spirit-contact, without seeing energy, without seeing partly through dimensions. That would be terrifying and very strange indeed.

Has anyone contemplated the fact that human thought is carried on WiFi signals, and most of us are surrounded by WiFi signals all the time?

Miss Woo

This isn't weird in that spooky, paranormal sense but I just wanted to share it because I think I'm developing psychically*... This happened the day before yesterday...

I was sorting though my deck and I stopped and had a look at the King of Pentacles card. It reminded me of my granddad, who I haven't seen in ages, and I felt very emotional.

I have just gotten off the phone with my dad and he told me that, the day before yesterday, my granddad fell over in the yard and hit his head on a rock. Luckily a neighbour saw him and called an ambulance. He's still in hospital but now he has pneumonia. From the way my dad was talking, it sounds like he's very worried that my granddad might die soon. How sad :(

*It's a long story but all my life I've been told I was psychic but I never believed it.

celticnoodle

I don't think the "paranormal" is weird at all. I think it's normal. Weird, to me, would be wandering around in the world without spirit-contact, without seeing energy, without seeing partly through dimensions. That would be terrifying and very strange indeed.

Has anyone contemplated the fact that human thought is carried on WiFi signals, and most of us are surrounded by WiFi signals all the time?

actually yes, I have thought of that. I also believe the more intuned you are wiht the above, (seeing energy, spirits, etc) the brighter that 'wifi' signal is--thus inviting more of these things to you. And, yes, I can see where it is really more 'weird' that others do not actually believe they possess these abilities and work with them, but nisaba, in this world of ours, it is more likely those of us who DO use these abilities we all have are considered 'weird', not the other way around, sadly.

(((SelenaGomez))) best wishes for your grandfather.

I can remember our daughter, at a very young age, (age 03ish) began to really show her psychic-abilities. We didn't do anything to squash it--just let her be. When she was older, she began to tell people things like "your uncle is here and wants you to know they are proud of you for..." But then one day, at the age of 08 or 09 I guess, she told her then best friend, "your grandmother is standing behind you and wants you to know she loves you and..." That little girl looked at her and told her she was 'weird' and she didn't want to play with her anymore. This sent our daughter home, quite upset and so we had to explain it to her, that not everyone did see spirits. At that time, it was more important for our daughter to stop seeing them spirits (her choice) and she tried so hard to block them--just so she would fit in with her friends.

It was a sadder day for me, I think, though. I saw a little spark in my daughter being extinguished--though it has been re-lit again, it would've been nice if she could've been accepted just for who she was then. But, people are people, and those of us who have these abilities are often thought of as "weird". *shrugs*

GotH

It was a sadder day for me, I think, though. I saw a little spark in my daughter being extinguished--though it has been re-lit again, it would've been nice if she could've been accepted just for who she was then. But, people are people, and those of us who have these abilities are often thought of as "weird". *shrugs*

Especially when it's your own S.O. :( I'm glad to hear she's been re-lit. :)

The only paranormal I feel is when cards start showing up in places they shouldn't be when that deck is clearly put away. The card that presents itself is usually relevant to something happening that day. Funny how if I don't go to the cards, the cards come to me. :laugh:

RunningWild

All manner of things happen when I'm reading the cards. I call it "being in the zone" or having "the buzz" and then I'm apt to say things outside of my normal vocabulary. Often it's specific and I can hear myself saying it. Some might call it a form of channeling but I try not to give it a label. It's just something that happens when I'm reading the cards. I can't really give specifics because I don't remember the readings, only the feeling of it from memory.

Outside of tarot readings though, synchronicity seems to occur frequently. Far too often to just call them all coincidences. And more often, the more relaxed I am.

Once I was doing live online readings in a chatroom (not on any paid-for site) and someone/thing blew on the back of my ear. I tried to debunk it, and there was no way I could have made my hair lift like that. No windows were open, I wasn't anywhere near a fan or a furnace vent, and the dog wasn't tall enough.

I've just sort of decided that it's all part and parcel of the entire world. I don't physically see spirits or ghosts though on occasion I believe I've heard them audibly. And I don't go looking for them either as I'm not particularly interested in that aspect of the paranormal except for good ghostie movies once in a while.

Audelia

Great thread. I go through periods of intense Tarot work. It's like I get called to work with the cards for months at a time, then it wanes for a few weeks (to give me 'a break' I think) then calls me back again.

Anyway, during these months of intense Tarot study and work I hear things. Yes, actual voices while I'm doing readings. The first time it happened it genuinely scared me witless. I was reading for a colleague and I heard the name 'Caroline' directly by my right ear. I remember looking around to see if someone was standing by me - it was right there and so loud I jumped! I remember my colleague asking me what was wrong and I told her I had heard the name and she went pale and said that Caroline was the name of her deceased grandmother!

I always get loud names, sometimes dates and every time it checks out. It only happens when I'm working with the cards though. Maybe they open me up to something else...

celticnoodle

Funny how if I don't go to the cards, the cards come to me. :laugh:
very cool!

I always get loud names, sometimes dates and every time it checks out. It only happens when I'm working with the cards though. Maybe they open me up to something else...
Yes, I do believe that working with any divination tool can also lead to developing other abilities. So, using tarot cards after awhile will also help you to develop your "clairs" as I call them. Many of them, of course--but the usual ones to be developed are clairvoyancy, clairaudiency, clairsentience and claircognizance, I think.