what cards are your LEAST favorite to see?

lucifelfalling

The freaking eight of cups and six of swords. Together. In regards to an ex.

Great to know he's moving on. Really. Makes me feel awesome.

Padma

3 and 10 of Swords. Shivers!

lucifelfalling

Oh and, actually, the nine of pentacles.

She's one of the things I most fear becoming (successful - but with no one around her at all). I want a family :(

I draw it a lot ;_;

Prilica

Depending of the question I don't like
7 of pentacles. Because I usually don't like to wait.
5 of swords... I feel like winning in a not honest way or feeling that I lost everything.
The moon and the high priestess. Because of hidden agenda and fears.

6 of pentacles, reminds me of not balanced relationships but in other context is a card I welcome, like receiving a gift.

Jennalyn

The freaking eight of cups and six of swords. Together. In regards to an ex.

Great to know he's moving on. Really. Makes me feel awesome.

I agree with this. 6 of Swords or 8 of Cups - in regard to people/work it always makes my heart sink.

But neither are as bad as the 4 of Cups for me - this almost always indicates total disgust and disinterest!

Awakened Queen

I absolutely despise the 5 of Cups. It usually means that whatever outcome you were hoping for is not going to happen. In the Thoth, all the cups are empty. It's a real hopeless card.

SunChariot

Good Afternoon,
I am new to this forum and very happy to be here, and have read so many good posts on wonderful topics.

What are the cards you absolutely HATE to see come up in your spreads? What are your LEAST favorite cards to see come up? And why, if you also care to share that. Let's keep the list to 3 cards (or 5 if you must). I'll start:

XVIII MOON - because for me it's so often about me deceiving myself and not being grounded in reality

XV DEVIL - generally points to unhealthy areas of relationship for me that include oppression, humiliation, demeaning situations that i would rather not own up to

3 Swords - because it's the heartbreak card

10 Swords - because that's the card that usually signifies to me something is past the point of no return and I need to walk away from it

I am looking forward to your responses!

Hopefully this is posted in the right area, please move it moderators if it needs to go elsewhere. Thank you!

Good afternoon to you too! Happy to have you here. :heart:

Honestly what you described is something I try hard to never do. If we have any negative associations when a card comes up, it can taint the reading. We may think of them immediately when they are not even meant to be part of the answer.

I do my best to never go there. And to remember that ALL cards are there to help us. They are there to give us the best answer possible to heal and feel better in the best ways. IF a card comes up then that is the card that is needed to give me what I need to know for things to work out for me for the best. If that is so then I WANT to know its message.

No cards are negative, all can have varied meanings, But its about that trust in Tarot that whatever comes up it is in your best interest (and will improve your life to hear it). If something will improve my life to know it...then I want to know it.

Although Death can be the biggest challenge as I am not a fan of change. While I don't hate any cards and I adore Tarot, I am willing to admit that when Death comes up there is an "Oh no" moment sometimes before I get my thoughts back in control. LOL

Then I do....and remember that it does not JUST mean and ending. It ALSO means something better will come because if it. Then I let go of the first part and get excited about the second half.

Babs

SpiritualLight

Five of swords and Eight of swords as future cards are tough. Haven't seen the positives from any of them, yet.

crystalrose

In a relationship context, knight of swords. Usually mean someone is being a complete jerk, rude, selfish, and doesn't care about the other person's feelings. Also sometimes dislike the 2 of pents in a relationship b/c of the instability and lack of seriousness... This is the noncommittal type of person who will break promises or joke about serious things that just aren't funny. :rolleyes:

Other than that, the 5 of swords which I don't think I need to explain. And the Tower, I hate the tower. Especially because it could signify an angry blow up or finding out something you believed in is all lies and then it collapses in front of your face or both.

3 of swords hasn't been so bad to me. Yes it's painful, but it's usually something that needs to be addressed and can actually lead to healing. 10 of swords, yea it's an ending but something the person saw coming and again needed to happen to lead to a brighter day, so it's not so bad either.