What do you desire in deck creation?

Winterchild

If you would be willing to give me your order number I'd like to investigate why this happened so I can prevent it in the future.

Hi...

My order numbers were #54515 and #54516 this time.

I placed two orders separately as it was cheaper than just placing one for shipping which does seem a little odd. All that extra packaging wasted. The Zombie which I pictured earlier came in a huge white box, plenty big enough for all the decks, and then I got the not quite so big but still huge deck for the other two tiny decks ;-/

I am only posting the images so you can see what we mean... not to keep getting at you, as its clear you do want to put all this right.

Good luck and thanks!

By the way Starlight.... I dont thing this was just a shipping thread :)

truelighth

Authors can either be paid by shop credit (the default), or if they enter their PayPal email address we will pay them in cash via PayPal.

Ok, I guess then my question was indeed obsolete. I guess it depends on how you set the setting. I am glad authors can get paid in cash for their work.

Also, thanks for listening to everything in this thread. I also appreciate it.

The Game Crafter

Re: 14515 & 14516

Winterchild: It looks like one of my employees (whomever shipped 14515) messed up. The manifest says they were supposed to use a 8x6x3 box for that order (the smallest we had at the time for First-Class), but for some reason they chose to use a 10x10x3 box. I don't know if this was oversight on their part, or if we had maybe run out of 8x6x3 boxes and they just chose to get the order out the door rather than waiting for the smaller box. There are no notes attached to the order as to why they changed boxes.

As to why it was cheaper to ship as two separate packages, that I can answer. When you combine the 3 games into one box, it becomes too heavy for the First-Class shipping weight limit, so your only options to New Zealand are USPS Priority and Flat Rate, which are a higher-class mail service. So by ordering them in two separate boxes you're able to get the weight down to First-Class regulation, and though slower, is *much* cheaper than Priority or Flat Rate.

I hope that helps explain things a bit.

Winterchild

Winterchild: It looks like one of my employees (whomever shipped 14515) messed up. The manifest says they were supposed to use a 8x6x3 box for that order (the smallest we had at the time for First-Class), but for some reason they chose to use a 10x10x3 box. I don't know if this was oversight on their part, or if we had maybe run out of 8x6x3 boxes and they just chose to get the order out the door rather than waiting for the smaller box. There are no notes attached to the order as to why they changed boxes.

As to why it was cheaper to ship as two separate packages, that I can answer. When you combine the 3 games into one box, it becomes too heavy for the First-Class shipping weight limit, so your only options to New Zealand are USPS Priority and Flat Rate, which are a higher-class mail service. So by ordering them in two separate boxes you're able to get the weight down to First-Class regulation, and though slower, is *much* cheaper than Priority or Flat Rate.

I hope that helps explain things a bit.

Thanks and yes it makes sense. I think with all your new stuff being put into place it will be hopefully a thing if the past to get the giant boxes :)

Much appreciated!

The Game Crafter

I wanted to take a moment to let you know about our progress on these things. I'll address each.

1) We have already removed the large game box as the "default" box from our system. This should encourage designers to choose a box that best fits their game, rather than having the system suggest too large a box.

Ironically removing the box has caused great confusion for game designers, but having it there causes problems for Tarotists. I'm going to leave the box out of the designer by default for you guys, but I'm working on some changes to make it easier for Game Designers to put them back in, so hopefully that doesn't cause any confusion for you.

2) We have ordered some smaller shipping containers which should be less weight and less wasteful. The new shipping containers are the smallest the USPS recommends we use based upon our shipping: 7x5x1.5. These are more than 50% smaller than our current smallest shipping container for First Class and Parcel Post shipments, and are roughly the same size as a USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box.

We've seen a tremendous uptake of these new boxes, mostly due to Tarotists. You asked for it, and you've been using it, so thank you for that.

3) We are going to order some additional cloth bags. This will allow us to offer higher quality cloth bags at cheaper prices. In addition, we're going to allow those cloth bags to be used as packaging for your decks. As many of you point out, these make better packages than a box for the Tarot community.

We've been hard at work on our new web site, so we haven't had time to take care of this yet, but we will have these available in our parts shop this spring, and will have them available to be used as packaging no later than the summer.

4) Early next year we'll be adding a "Tarot" section to our site that specifically promotes the selling of Tarot decks. This will make it easier to find all the quality Tarot decks on our web site. We will also specifically showcase tarot decks in other parts of our site in order to increase sales for all of you.

We've officially added the new Tarot section.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/tarot

5) We are looking into a new technology to cut Tarot cards that may be cheaper and more accurate. No guarantees there of course. But we're evaluating this new technology to see if it can offer either an improvement in price or accuracy.

We demo'd the new technology, and it does a very nice job of cutting the tarot cards, so we purchased it. It produces cleaner edges with slightly better accuracy. Unfortunately it was very expensive so we aren't able to provide any better pricing per deck for single deck quantities. However, it is much faster for cutting larger runs of decks, so we're now able to offer up to 40% discount on Tarot decks for large runs. Bulk pricing starts at 5% at 25 copies, and goes all the way up to 40% at 500 copies.

6) Before the year is out we will introduce a new 90-card Jumbo-sized Tuck box to give a better box option for decks like Zombie Apocalypse Tarot so that they can still have a printed box without using the Large or Medium game box we currently offer.

Instead of releasing a jumbo tuck box, we produced an even better box which we call the small pro box.

You can read about it here: http://news.thegamecrafter.com/post/39660974558/say-hello-to-the-small-pro-box-this-is-a-new-line

7) We're working on a jumbo booklet that will allow you to create very large Meanings books for your divination decks.

We released this booklet. You can read about it here: http://news.thegamecrafter.com/post/37641258527/announcing-jumbo-booklets-for-some-games-the

8) We're putting together a video for designers explaining why it is important to choose smaller packaging for decks to lessen the shipping costs to consumers, especially those consumers over-seas.

Now that we've released our new web site, we're working on updating all of our videos, and this will be one of the new videos we create.

Anyway, I hope you can see that we've been working hard to provide a better product and better experience for the Tarot community. Please let me know if you have any questions.

HudsonGray

Way cool, I like the new tarot page featuring the deck images. And thank you for the smaller boxes! I like the 40% discount on 500 decks too. Having schleped 500 decks home on my first print run with the local printer here, I know the weight involved (space taken up in the computer room wasn't bad). UPS is a better deal for shipping that amount.

The small custom pro box is $5 per deck?

gregory

Good stuff.

Do you combine postage on DIFFERENT items ?

This would be very hard for you but may be worth a shot for -us - well, me - is there a way to sort the tarot area into tarot and oracles ? Probably not, but actually - (leaving aside the horrid front page !) - I now have a problem. I went in today to find the deck I was considering buying last night (Counterculture) - and - it isn't there. I've tried every-which search method, even including the hyphenated version you have on the page I was on last night. I am fairly sure not all the tarots you do have come up, either...

I CAN find it from my yesterday's history - but that's not the way to go.... the artist's name just brings up stuff without his name on it, too...

This may hurt sales. Not least to ME :D I was looking to buy two or three if the combined postage worked out well !

Mabuse

Counterculture Tarot

Good stuff.

I now have a problem. I went in today to find the deck I was considering buying last night (Counterculture) - and - it isn't there. I've tried every-which search method, even including the hyphenated version you have on the page I was on last night. I am fairly sure not all the tarots you do have come up, either...

I CAN find it from my yesterday's history - but that's not the way to go.... the artist's name just brings up stuff without his name on it, too...

This may hurt sales. Not least to ME :D I was looking to buy two or three if the combined postage worked out well !

I think I found it
https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/counterculture-tarot