What is your feeling concerning sects?

catlin

I am posting this because there is a sect here around which sells rather good health food from biological production.

I do not buy it because I do not want to support a sect and now I'd like to know what is your feeling in such matters?

Malachite

I guess you have to ask what they're like...if its just a group of deeply spiritual people growing organic food, then there's no real harm...
If they're a bit more extreme, then you might decide not to help support them...

catlin

Oh, I forgot to mention that there was a report about them on tv and after that report I asked some of this folk if they belong to the "Gut Jerusalem" community and they got extremely aggressive after this inquiry although I just had asked them a simple question in a very polite way.

You know, I just wanted to know exactly what is their goal.

Kiama

I think its a good idea of you to ask them about who they are and their goal.... But I think their response would tell you to err on the side of caution. Ask them again what their goal is, what they believe, etc... If they get aggressive, that's not a good sign! A spiritual group with nothing to hide would usually be very happy to tell you about themselves...

Or, their aggressiveness could just be cuz they fear persecution?

Kiama

catlin

I guess there is no fear of persecution because in Germany there is a tolerance of sects and the only persecution could be the one of the tax office ;)

That was just what I was thinking: if they were so spiritual and benevolent then why they did get mad when you ask them politely about their ideas? I often found out that ppl react like that either to hide that there is nothing substantial behind or they have to hide sth.

They nearly started throwing their homemade loafs of bread after me!

Umbrae

I am thinking a few pointed but innocent questions, and you may have a source of free bread.

If they were benevolent and spiritual, they would not act otherwise. It is in the actions (not the words) of a person or group that you find the truth.

Sometimes, a good question may help a person, dominated by others, to see the light?please think on this.

Perhaps there is a reason for you to buy some bread.