What was Arthur thinking?

Teheuti

Umbrae said:
I honestly think we’re overdue for “Teheuti’s Annotated The Pictorial Key

Hey, I'm working on it, but I suspect it'll take an entire lifetime! And you better buy two copies. You and Thalassa may be the only ones to buy it.

Mary

Ross G Caldwell

Teheuti said:
Hey, I'm working on it, but I suspect it'll take an entire lifetime! And you better buy two copies. You and Thalassa may be the only ones to buy it.

Mary

Put me down for one - that's four so far!

Ross

Feretian

I want a copy, of course.

Perhaps we should start a sign-up thread for "Teheuti's Annotated". I think many people here would be interested.

BodhiSeed

Sign me up too! :D

fyreflye

Well, I'd buy it too. But would her usual publishers buy it? Sounds more like a potential ATS Publication. I've got both of those :)

ThalassaRaptor

<<Hey, I'm working on it, but I suspect it'll take an entire lifetime! And you better buy two copies. You and Thalassa may be the only ones to buy it.>>

Holly Voley would too. :)

Actually, I have been thinking for quite awhile that your work on Uncle Art needs to be published. Of course, I also think you should get some sort of Tarotic equivalent of the Purple Heart for slogging through all his purple prose...

roppo

Teheuti said:

Mary

I'll shamelessly recommend myself for the translator of its Japanese edition.

I believe "The Pictorial Key" might be a difficult book without some reference works. I think I could understand it better after reading Paul Christian and Papus.

memries

That is really interesting about the Book of Tobit, Teheuti. I have always just loved reading that book and have never understood it really so it was a very awakening moment to read your comments. I have always been so attracted to that story. It must be one of the older books in the O.T. as well.

Teheuti

I'm off on a trip so probably won't be responding for a while - but I'm glad to hear there is so much interest. Certainly you need to read all the books in Waite's bibliography to know when he slips something in from one of them, but there are many other, non-tarot works that influenced Waite greatly. A few of his references are blind-alleys, where Waite intuited there was an important connection but it doesn't exist literally or in terms of specific parallels - like the alchemical <i>Mutus Liber</i>. It's a "silent" book of images about spiritual transformation, but there's no direct image correspondences as you might expect from Waite's reference to it in PKT (at least, none that I can see).

Well, I'm working on other things right now, but I keep collecting every reference I come across and hope to put it all together someday.