Wheel of Fortune connects people...forever? Or for a while?

MareSaturni

So, i did it.

The reading that i told msyelf i would not do. About a person i swore that i would not ask anything about. But i couldn't help it...the feeling that this person and i have left something unfilfilled is starting to invade my dreams, and i don't like it a bit.

So i did a reading about it. I used the Fergus Hall Witches Tarot because...i like it. It has non-scenic minors - i don't read pip cards. Not oficially. But this time i did - i actually feel like i read pip cards, not just applied RWS meanings to pips. I don't whether to feel proud or suspicious...i'm not even sure i'm not being completely biased in this reading. But it was interesting.

I used the binds_fading Web of Connection spread. I'm not going to post the whole reading here because that isn't the point...it's just one card...i'm very unsure what think of it...

The third position is Why are you connected to them?. I got the Wheel of Fortune.

First word that came to my mind - fate. But then i regained control over my mind and decided that was not only biased but also too generic - fate. Pfft. Fate connects us to so many things.

Then i thought...the wheel is something always turning...maybe i'm all wrong here. Maybe the Wheel is clearly telling me that this person only crossed my path thanks to some caprices of the destiny, and i'm being a fool here. This person came, then left, and that's it. Like the ever-turning wheel.

I might post the whole reading later in the 'your readings' forum, but right now i just want to know...how should i see the Wheel here? Bounded by fate or introduced casually by fate...then separated because it was nothing else? What meaning whould fit better the Wheel?

Not, i didn't pull clarification cards, i'm already confused enough...

Thanks for any inputs!!!

~Marina

berrieh

The first thing that comes to mind here is "They're part of the ride."

The whole point of The Wheel is that nothing lasts forever, so I'd say not forever. It can be long or short, up and down, come and go, but the idea of permanence in this connection seems impossible. Yet at the same time, the connection is vital, even if it's not consistent and permanent.

MareSaturni

berrieh said:
The first thing that comes to mind here is "They're part of the ride."

The whole point of The Wheel is that nothing lasts forever, so I'd say not forever. It can be long or short, up and down, come and go, but the idea of permanence in this connection seems impossible. Yet at the same time, the connection is vital, even if it's not consistent and permanent.

Yeah, i had thought something similar. What major do you believe would have showed up if the connection had mean to be something more permanent...the Lovers maybe?

Thanks for your insight!

~Marina

berrieh

I wouldn't see The Lovers as permanent or impermanent to be honest.

Of the Majors, I suppose I'd see permanence in The Empress, The Emperor, The Hierophant, and Strength.

I'd see the least permanence in The Fool, The World, The Wheel, and Judgement.

For some reason, I see The Priestess as refusing to answer the question altogether.

starrystarrynight

A lot of people see the Wheel as "a lucky chance" or a quirk of happenstance, but I see it as fate or destiny. A wheel (circle) has no beginning and no end. That speaks to me of connectivity...karma. Past, present and future all connected.

Yes, you can be at the top of the wheel or the bottom--so your luck could at some times be good or bad. That's life.

The Wheel, however, to me signifies that life goes on (like the earth continues to spin on its axis--so does the Wheel), but also, what goes around comes around. To me, again, this speaks of karma. In fact, I tend to see this one as the karmic card of the deck.

Aladdin

Very interesting !
As far as permanence goes it has to be the Sun as this will still be around long after the charred remains of the Earth have been baked by the Sun's expansion to a red giant and eventual diminution to white dwarf. A mere ten thousand million estimated round figure years. This is why for me, the only card applicable for a yes or no answer is the Sun - i discount all others - i digress as this could read arrogantly.
Talking of such, there was an insurance company in Leeds whos address was
'Permanent House' - (no less) and the prime minister has a "permanent secretary" ! One wonders what happens if the boney old lad on horseback or swinging a scythe summons the presence of an undertaker ? Does humility take hold or is another 'permanent' appointed by secretive due process ?

Dean

I would go with an unexpected kindred spirit, as do the Lovers in any reading about connections with people, but again soul mate's are only suppose to come into someone's life when they need to be, i read The Wheel of Fortune this way.

Something or someone that come's into your life unexpectedly can be forever or just even for a short period of time.

MareSaturni

Dean said:
I would go with an unexpected kindred spirit, as do the Lovers in any reading about connections with people, but again soul mate's are only suppose to come into someone's life when they need to be, i read The Wheel of Fortune this way.

Something or someone that come's into your life unexpectedly can be forever or just even for a short period of time.

Unexpectedly...yes, this person came this way. I didn't even paid any attention. but then...it started...

But seriously, it's been more than 3 years ago. Enough! But from time to time, this person shows up in my dreams...then in my mind.

That's why it's so hard for me to read this Wheel: a something that, one might say, fate wrote, or something that came, happened, left and that's it. Because inside me it lasts...

AND, since the Wheel is a cycle...then what has left will return? This suddenly feeling i have...is it telling me, if no that person, something related to him will come to me?

(I've studied at same place as this person for three years. Now three years have passed since we have stopped being classmates. A new cycle of three years?)

The Wheel of Fortune is much more complicated than i ever imagined...

~Marina

Dean

miss_yuko said:
Unexpectedly...yes, this person came this way. I didn't even paid any attention. but then...it started...

But seriously, it's been more than 3 years ago. Enough! But from time to time, this person shows up in my dreams...then in my mind.

I always like the unexpected to happen too me, this could also mean the same for you yuko, this person shows up when he needs to be near you...in life or even in your dreams. I think this special person will be around you for sometime to come, or at least when another fated cycle begins....

MareSaturni

Dean said:
I always like the unexpected to happen too me, this could also mean the same for you yuko, this person shows up when he needs to be near you...in life or even in your dreams. I think this special person will be around you for sometime to come, or at least when another fated cycle begins....

Grrr, sometime si wish he would stop popping up in my dreams. Show yourself in real life so we can actually talk or don't show yourself ever! Lol! :D

I really hope that this 'cycle'...if the Wheel can be seen this way...is more enlightening than the past one, specially related to this person....

I never paid much attention to the Wheel of Fortune, now it's forcing me to decipher it...i think the great challenge is either to see the fate as, not written in stone, but having facts in it that *must* happen, or seeing it as completely aleatory.

Or, how do you know when the Wheel means the foreordained fate, or when it means just the ever-turning wheel .

~Marina