Where do you hide your decks

Alpha-Omega

For some people like myself we must Hide out love for tarot and keep our decks and books hiden. I been able to do it for 5 yearss so far keeping all my books underneath a Nighstand in my room hahaha, But now i got a new Great spot. I found this old Briefcase with a lock combo on it! yes and its the Exact perfect size, Rellay it fits the books In perfect dimmesions! and i can put my decks in it, and this small and i can keep that hidden plus with the Lock on it, Of course i changed the combination.

star-lover

LOL
my husband knows i have a deck and talk on here, though he doesnt know what i say lol - he's ok with it

i keep my deck in my right hand draw of my desk - my daughter has seen it but she just thinks is a normal pack of cards and sometimes catches me shuffling and asks what game are you playing or why are you playing with those cards
She's too young for me to explain what they really are
apart from that i don't mind who knows really

I agree for many people it's a stress having to hide it - when I was in my 20s and first got into it my mum caught me one day reading them and I thought she would criticise but she laughed and said - oh are you throwing the cards?
she was ok with it
but then she did read coffee marks on mugs - sort of runs in the family here and there PLUS my whole family know i've always been into astrology so i guess it wouldnt surprise them
just our own fears sometimes because of them being so mysterious to many people and to some not be dabbled with etc blah blah though that is so changing now in many countries

Crowqueen

"Where do I hide the packages that come through the door almost daily from Amazon" would be the question in my case.

My parents are fairly cool with what I do, just as long as I don't spend too much money on my "obsessions".

However on holiday with my boyfriend last weekend, we thought it for the best to pop my tarot cards into my bag (along with my iPod) while we were out of the hotel room (which, if you get my drift, was not a very regular occurence). ;) I think he was a bit paranoid about it ("you know what they used to do to fortune tellers, don't you?") but I thought it might not be a good idea to leave them on full view.

Alpha-Omega

Crowqueen said:
"Where do I hide the packages that come through the door almost daily from Amazon" would be the question in my case.

My parents are fairly cool with what I do, just as long as I don't spend too much money on my "obsessions".

However on holiday with my boyfriend last weekend, we thought it for the best to pop my tarot cards into my bag (along with my iPod) while we were out of the hotel room (which, if you get my drift, was not a very regular occurence). ;) I think he was a bit paranoid about it ("you know what they used to do to fortune tellers, don't you?") but I thought it might not be a good idea to leave them on full view.

What did they do to us? Burn? like the witches? sad sad. In Dante's inferno Fortoune tellers had the Head sown to their backs.

Crowqueen

Alpha-Omega said:
What did they do to us? Burn? like the witches? sad sad. In Dante's inferno Fortoune tellers had the Head sown to their backs.

Well, in the UK they used ducking stools, but it amounted to the same thing.

However ironically my boyfriend is tapping into a latent psychic talent himself, so the joke's on him. And he seemed very unfazed when I was talking about anything other than life after death (particularly when his cards "came up trumps", so to speak), which he seemed not to like the idea of somehow. I hope he's not going to remain earthbound.

Tarotphelia

I don't really have to hide my tarots too much anymore , since I am older than dirt. However, I do have nosy relatives that must be curbed for their own protection.

I keep most of my decks upstairs in the "divination station" in my bedroom. A 10.00 desk with a bookshelf top I got at a resale store. In the drawers lie the decks, on the shelves rest the books . Other decks are in old jewelry boxes too.

Just in case any nosy relatives decide they need a peek around, I keep the dark purple drapes closed ,which makes it pitch black in there . You can't see a darn thing. The light switch is not by the door, so there's no way they could even see to turn it on. If they fling the door open, they get a face full of black and nothing else.

And as if that were not enough, the old glass doorknob doesn't want to stay in anymore, so I can shut the door, take it out and hide it. Can't get the door open with no knob, can we ?

Poetic_Pirate

i used to keep mine in this nifty lil wooden box that i kept locked, but it was so hard to get to them. but now that i have a lock on my door, thier in the deepest recesses of a dresser ^_^ much easier to get to them

lizziecat

I keep mine out in the open. I found a great old antique box at an auction recently, but the lid was a little warped. I plan to use it for my cards/books as soon as my husband figures out how to flatten the lid (wood).

The only thing I would like to "hide" are packages arriving with tarot cards, but my husband gets home before I do so he always sees it first. I did eventually figure out that if I order something for him at the same time (I get a deck, he gets a movie DVD or a book), he will be so excited with his "present" that he doesn't notice another deck ;)

MareSaturni

I thankfully don't have to hide my decks LOL...but everyone is warned they are NOT allowed to touch my collection (oh, such a great collection, yeah...about 20 decks only) without asking me first. I even gave my Enchanted Tarot to my mother, because she loved it so much she kept stealing it from my drawer :p. Then i decided the deck should sleep by her instead, since she was using it more than i!

My decks live in a small bedside cabinet with two drawer. The shelves smell like incenses, because i used to keep my insenses there. As my collection started to grow, the inceses had to find a new home, and now they live under a small (very small) table. Over it i keep another collection of mine: my collection of romances books (don't laugh!).

Most of my tarot-related books live in the drawers too...just two or three don't, possbily for size-problems.

Nothing is hidden...my bedroom is my sanctuary. And thank goodness my family is very open minded! Anyone who doesn't like it it free to leave ;)
I like the place wher ei keep my decks...it's clean, protected, close to my bed and it smeels good!

~Yuko