Where do you hide your decks

Lewen

I've never had to hide them, nor have had just openly left them out. I do keep them out of the reach of my 7 and under crowd and my 12 year old would ask before she could get a deck from my basket (I have a basket with a bunch of decks in there because they don't have their own boxes or bags just yet.) She knows which ones she can touch and my personal one, I keep on my side-table next to my bed. My 13 year old has her own shape-shifter deck so she's content.

I don't get many people over, but my bookshelf has books of all different topics that my tarot books just kind of blend in there until I want a particular book, then I have to really search it out! LOL. I'm at the point now that I don't think I would hide it from anyone as it's my studies, my search and if asked, I would explain it to them.

I enjoyed reading this thread too! :)

wytchwood

I do hide mine actually- partly from my 2 year old who would love to get his destructive little mitts on them- lol- and partly from my mother who would worry as she is quite superstitious. I have them in a large plastic storage box with a lid on, kept under the drape cloth on my music table, also with the tarot books I look at a lot. I don't have tons of decks, so this works quite well.

Zoe

raeanne

Hi all,
There are some real benefits to getting old. I don't have to hide much of anything! I don't usually go around announcing to the world that I read Tarot or that I have a 200+ deck collection but I don't hide it either. People who know me, know that I pretty much live my life the way I want to. Yeah, age has it's benefits!

mysticmonkey

The crowned one said:
I am amazed by how many of us must hide our decks,
I do feel for those members here who feel they have to hide their decks from their family/spouse. I would be nice to think that people could just accept them for who they are.

I don't openly display my cards because I'm a private person but I would have no fear of someone in my immediate family accidentally seeing my cards. I guess I must be lucky in that regard.

connegrl

My decks are out, but they aren't obvious. The only deck I have hidden is the Decameron that I came home with from a Tarot Meet up as a joke. There are some things that I don't want to explain to my son yet. Its not what I'd call a balanced deck. I am a bit funny about who I tell about my interest in Tarot. For the most part its private. I don't really like it when people start spouting off about their chuch interests, so I keep my Tarot interest to myself.

Jen

Alpha-Omega

Yea here is a pic of where I keep everything now

Attachments

• DSC00286.jpg
    DSC00286.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 102

Keirquen

I keep my lil ol' rider waite wrapped in a scarf on my headboard. I don't hide my deck, but I don't advertise it either. I'm old enough to do as I please, but I also have critical family--that's living in the Southern bible belt will do to you!

After reading some of these posts, I think my deck must be lonesome and wanting some playmates! LOL

Ya'll have some neat displays--I think I need some more books--trying to read the titles on Alpha-Omega's shelf. :D

Alpha-Omega

Keirquen said:
I keep my lil ol' rider waite wrapped in a scarf on my headboard. I don't hide my deck, but I don't advertise it either. I'm old enough to do as I please, but I also have critical family--that's living in the Southern bible belt will do to you!

After reading some of these posts, I think my deck must be lonesome and wanting some playmates! LOL

Ya'll have some neat displays--I think I need some more books--trying to read the titles on Alpha-Omega's shelf. :D

Here is the list of Books I got

1) Learning The Tarot by Joan Bunning
2) Learning Tarot Reversals By Joan Bunning
3) Learning Tarot Spreads By Joan Bunning
4) Tarot made easy by Nancy Gareb
5) Tarot for a new generation By Janina Renee
6) The Complete book of Tarot Reversals By Mary K. Greer
7) Tarot Tips By Ruth Anna Amberstone & Wald Amberstone
8) Power Tarot by Trish MacGregor & Phyllis Vega*
9) It’s all in the cards – John Mangiapane
10) Professional Tarot – The Business of Reading, Consulting and Teaching By Christine Jette
11) The Tarot Bible By Sarah Barlett
12) Tarot Card Combinations By Dorothy Kelly
13) Complete book of Tarot Spreads By Evelin Burger and Johannes Fiebig
14) HOW TO – Use tarot spreads by Sylvia Abraham
15) Revelations Tarot Companion by Zach Wong
16) The Gilded Tarot Companion By Barbara Moore
17) Special Topics in Tarot :Understanding The Tarot Court By Mary K. Greer & Tom Little
18) Special Topics in Tarot : Tarot & Dream Interpretation By Julie Gillentine
19) Llewellyn's Tarot Reader 2007
20) Llewellyn's Tarot Reader 2006
21) The Hanson-Roberts Tarot Companion By Susan Hansson
22) The Llewellyn Tarot Companion by Anna Marie Ferguson
23)Tarot Plain and simple by Anthony Louis
24) The Complete Book of Tarot by Juliet Sharman Burke

rcb30872

I don't hide mine, more to the point I keep them out of harms way. With a little man who gets into everything, you can easily lose cards, and even worse they can get damaged. Thankfully it was only the guide books that accompanied oracle decks, but I caught him doing something destructive with them. I put them in the shelf on top in the walk in robe, along with most other things that I want to keep out of harms way, like almost everything except the kitchen sink. I really ought to tidy that up one of these days.......

I usually don't have many people coming to my house, even my family don't come to visit me, and I prefer it that way. Other people I don't mind, but the family can stay away, I don't want them to pull how I live my life pulled apart, thank you very much, I really don't think that it is any of their business, considering I am 34 and an adult, and I want to be treated like an adult instead of a child!!!

Sorry, not really answering the question!

Perfect example of what my son is capable of, just found two films for the camera, not used, and well, to say, they are not going to be used ever!!! Had to put them in the bin!