Which Oracle? Faery, Victorian Flower, Dragonfae, Mystiches Kipper, Hidden Realms

missy

I have found Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle seems to be calling to me.

But if I were to get only one of the following, which should I choose:

* Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle
* Wisdom of the Hidden Realms
* Victorian Flower Oracle
* Oracle of the Dragonfae
* Mystiches Kipper (I wish titles were in English!)

Thanks, guys. I have no oracles at this point. There is one more I'm interested in but it won't be published until 2010, and I'm not sure, but its imagery may be beyond my abilities at this point, as it seems possibly designed for people with more knowledge of symbolism: The Transparent Oracle.

I like keywords. With the Mystiches Kipper it almost looks I could connect to it without keywords, as it seems very intuitive at first glance. (I know it has German keywords, but I don't see myself looking them up and making a list.) I don't usually gravitate toward oracles with no keywords (though I have never used an oracle) but I feel the Mystiches Kipper would be an exception.

All of these oracles look interesting. It would be super helpful to hear from people who own one, or more than one, of these oracles and which they prefer.

Thank you in advance! :party:

emmsma

Mystisches Kipper! Its my number 1 go to deck.

I say give it a go. If ya don't like it, I'll buy it off you. :p

Sorry, I can't help with any of the others. Don't have any of them. I do like the look of the Wild Wisdom of the Faery.

HearthCricket

Hmm....either Wild Wisdom of the Faery or the Dragonfae. Both are excellent, and though I love the fae, I find this deck very much dealing with your shadowself, where the Dragonfae was a bit more balanced with light and dark. If that makes any sense? Both are fabulous, though, and I have found them to be extremely accurate!

missy

HearthCricket said:
Hmm....either Wild Wisdom of the Faery or the Dragonfae. Both are excellent, and though I love the fae, I find this deck very much dealing with your shadowself, where the Dragonfae was a bit more balanced with light and dark. If that makes any sense? Both are fabulous, though, and I have found them to be extremely accurate!

Hi HearthCricket and thank you for chiming in! May I ask for clarification, when you said "though I love the fae" were you referring to Wild Wisdom of the Faery? Is that the one which you feel deals with the shadowself?

Actually, I don't know what a shadowself is: I assume this is the dark nature of oneself? Or is this the subconscious? Or dreams?

Thank you. :)

missy

emmsma said:
Mystisches Kipper! Its my number 1 go to deck.

I say give it a go. If ya don't like it, I'll buy it off you. :p

Sorry, I can't help with any of the others. Don't have any of them. I do like the look of the Wild Wisdom of the Faery.

I thank you! :party: I wonder if they will ever come out with a verison of this with English keywords. I think I would buy it immediately! :eek:

Looking at the link I posted to Mystisches Kipper in the first post, it shows three cards. I tried to read the cards without looking at the keywords. Then I looked at the keywords, and it helped so much with the cards; it gave them extra depth.

HearthCricket

missy_ said:
Hi HearthCricket and thank you for chiming in! May I ask for clarification, when you said "though I love the fae" were you referring to Wild Wisdom of the Faery? Is that the one which you feel deals with the shadowself?

Actually, I don't know what a shadowself is: I assume this is the dark nature of oneself? Or is this the subconscious? Or dreams?

Thank you. :)

Yes, I am referring to the Wild Wisdom of the Faery deck. Sorry I wasn't very clear about that! It is strange, and maybe it is just me, but though the artwork is beautiful and ethereal, I find it to be a deck that really makes you look at your darker self or issues that are hard to deal with. The cards and messages are lovely and I am working with it right now, but it seems everytime I read up, though there are lighter cards in it, the majority deals with your shadow or your darker side or darker issues. The Dragonfae does too, but it has more of a powerful nature to it and seems a bit more balanced in both dark and light issues. I am curious if anyone else is picking this up? I worked with the Dragonfae for months until all the cards had come up and I knew them well. Then I switched to this deck and am planning to do the same thing. With the Dragonfae the same cards came up, gently telling me I wasn't ready to move on, so keep working on a particular issue. Whereas the Wild Wisdom has been different cards, most of the time, and seems to be slamming some honestly difficult things into my face to deal with. I am glad of it. That means, at least to me, that is works and is effective. But if I had to choose, I would choose the Dragonfae. Wild Wisdom comes up close behind. Wisdom of the Hidden Realms I have just started goofing with and did a few readings. It is different. It hints at things and points you down a path, but then you are on your own. I like it. I've gone oracle crazy, lately!

missy

HearthCricket said:
Yes, I am referring to the Wild Wisdom of the Faery deck. Sorry I wasn't very clear about that! It is strange, and maybe it is just me, but though the artwork is beautiful and ethereal, I find it to be a deck that really makes you look at your darker self or issues that are hard to deal with.

I find this fascinating. For some reason, I am pulled to that: to a deck that would show me the darker side or issues that are hard to deal with. I find it pleasantly surprising that Wild Wisdom is capable of such insight, since most of the meanings posted by F.M. Tarot in the thread on the Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle seem mostly upbeat -- but I am going from memory on what she posted -- yet apparently the oracle allows some powerful messages to get through for one to work with on serious issues.

HearthCricket said:
The cards and messages are lovely and I am working with it right now, but it seems everytime I read up, though there are lighter cards in it, the majority deals with your shadow or your darker side or darker issues. The Dragonfae does too, but it has more of a powerful nature to it and seems a bit more balanced in both dark and light issues. I am curious if anyone else is picking this up?

I would also like to know if other people are picking up on this. Or how they find working with the Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle different than working with the Dragonfae.

HearthCricket said:
I worked with the Dragonfae for months until all the cards had come up and I knew them well. Then I switched to this deck and am planning to do the same thing. With the Dragonfae the same cards came up, gently telling me I wasn't ready to move on, so keep working on a particular issue. Whereas the Wild Wisdom has been different cards, most of the time, and seems to be slamming some honestly difficult things into my face to deal with.

I find this such an interesting take! From the Wild Wisdom cards, they seem, as they are faeries (and I have never worked with faeries!) that they would not slam with such honesty. It sounds like they give some good reads.

HearthCricket said:
I am glad of it. That means, at least to me, that is works and is effective. But if I had to choose, I would choose the Dragonfae.

And this is because for you the Dragonfae is giving you a more coherent message? Does Wild Wisdom seem like it's all over the place, and the Dragonfae seem more consistent? Sorry if this question is confusing.

HearthCricket said:
Wild Wisdom comes up close behind. Wisdom of the Hidden Realms I have just started goofing with and did a few readings. It is different. It hints at things and points you down a path, but then you are on your own. I like it. I've gone oracle crazy, lately!

I can see myself going oracle crazy, too! :D It's too bad there don't seem to be any real images of Wisdom of the Hidden Realms available. Aerin just posted about that in the other thread.

HearthCricket

I think that both the Dragonfae and the Wild Wisdom of the Faery give me very coherent messages. Too coherent! They both make me face things. With the Dragonfae I feel like I have a support group backing me up. With the Wild Wisdom I feel like I am being scolded by the Faeries with warnings and well, wise words! But then I have to go it alone! Invitations from the fae to deal with things, letting me know exactly what, but then it is like they are telling me to walk it alone, Cricket! A pat on the back and they have flittered off! The Dragonfae are like a security blanket. They walk with you! :D

missy

HearthCricket said:
I think that both the Dragonfae and the Wild Wisdom of the Faery give me very coherent messages. Too coherent! They both make me face things. With the Dragonfae I feel like I have a support group backing me up. With the Wild Wisdom I feel like I am being scolded by the Faeries with warnings and well, wise words! But then I have to go it alone! Invitations from the fae to deal with things, letting me know exactly what, but then it is like they are telling me to walk it alone, Cricket! A pat on the back and they have flittered off! The Dragonfae are like a security blanket. They walk with you! :D

I find your entire explanation fascinating. I don't know which one I would choose! I just went in earnest search of actual card images from the Dragonfae, as I have not seen many and don't think of myself as the "gothic" type. Yet I did love Lord of the Rings and I don't yet know what "dragonfae" are, so maybe I am closer to them than I think.

I found some images here and a few at aeclectic. I don't know much about mythology; will my not knowing the reference to "Hideki's Door" or to Drystan or Gaia hinder me in my knowledge/reading of these cards?

Whereas the Faeries call to me in a different way, but I haven't seen many of those cards, either. But F.M. Tarot was kind enough to post all of the text from all of the cards! plus quite a few images ! :) in the other thread. I can't explain the allure to them, when I haven't even seen them.

One thing with the Dragonfae I am unsure of is all of the different styles of artwork. Does it seem jarring in any way that not just one artist produced the art, but many different artists? Or does the deck flow?

I can see how both of these decks would be powerful; how to pick between the two? Plus, of course, there are those other choices. Oh my. :D

Aerin

Victorian Flower Oracle is beautiful and reads well. I love MRP decks.

Mystiches Kipper I am waiting for, but I do love the Mystiches Lenormand :)