Which Oracle? Faery, Victorian Flower, Dragonfae, Mystiches Kipper, Hidden Realms

Kanon

missy_ said:
Yes, I can see why! I am wondering if it is still in print and what is the easiest way to obtain it. I am really wanting this one. Although I admit I *wish* a publisher like Lo Scarabeo would publish this one and do it with English titles! Then for sure I would get it! :thumbsup: I'm thinking about asking Ricardo if there are any plans in the works. I doubt it; it's just wishful thinking on my part. :party:
I ordered mine from Amazon.de. Good luck :)!

F.M. Tarot

missy_ said:
Yes, I can see why! I am wondering if it is still in print and what is the easiest way to obtain it. I am really wanting this one. Although I admit I *wish* a publisher like Lo Scarabeo would publish this one and do it with English titles! Then for sure I would get it! :thumbsup: I'm thinking about asking Ricardo if there are any plans in the works. I doubt it; it's just wishful thinking on my part. :party:

I do believe it is in print. I found mine easily at the US Amazon for $5 new!

http://www.amazon.com/Mystisches-Kipper-Regula-Elizabeth-Fiechter/dp/3038191299

I really love the german titles. It's fairly easy to use something like Babelfish and see what the titles are and then the german titles seem mysterious and dramatic :)

missy

F.M. Tarot said:
I do believe it is in print. I found mine easily at the US Amazon for $5 new!

http://www.amazon.com/Mystisches-Kipper-Regula-Elizabeth-Fiechter/dp/3038191299

I really love the german titles. It's fairly easy to use something like Babelfish and see what the titles are and then the german titles seem mysterious and dramatic :)

Cool! :party: I am curious, with regard to U.S. Amazon, did you go through the seller The Book Depository? I sent them an email and am awaiting a response. I don't see them for $5 but more like $8+. Where did you see $5? Lucky!

emmsma

I've gotten 3 copies through Amazon, with the Book Depository. You should have no problems.

$5 is a steal! Lucky you!

BeyondtheVeil

I would choose the oracle that speaks to you the most. If more than one oracle does.. then buy two. :D Just remember that you can always sell or trade the ones that don't work for you. I have found that sometimes my preferences don't go with the popular thing at the time. So.. I trust what I want to get then ask questions about it if I am not sure.

I also wouldn't worry about not having something in English. What a great reason to study and learn a foreign language. Even if it is just the words for the deck. {I am on a learning a new language kick.. so I have a deck coming that isn't in English}. :) Wish me luck! :D

Good luck to you! I hope that you find the deck/oracle that you really connect with. Make sure to update us on what you decided.

BeyondtheVeil

missy

I will likely end up with the Victorian Flower Oracle and the Mystiches Kipper.

However ... I could really use some help :eek: figuring out whether to pick:

* Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle

OR:

* Dragonfae

Please chime in with your experiences! I'm confused. :confused: Thank you. :)

If you had to choose between Wild Wisdom or Dragonfae, which would it be?

:heart:

F.M. Tarot

missy_ said:

OR:

* Dragonfae

My vote goes wholeheartedly to the Faeries! It's my favorite oracle for months now and the more I use it the more it opens up to me and for my readings to clients. Besides being beautiful in a huge way, there is an actual energy to the images and you can feel them around you as you work with the images.

From the first time I used this oracle it has sent me timely, touching and wonderful messages! Certain cards seem to turn up again and again, then when I finally stop dithering around, listen and meditate on what they're trying to tell me, new cards haunt me! Hard to explain with words really, but I know there is something very special and magical about this oracle! :love:

It has become a trusted friend and mentor. Now I do love Oracle of the Dragonfae but I just bought that a week or so ago and it's had a hard time competing with my Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle!

I do have to say that the art is really amazing and breathtaking in the Wild Wisdom deck and of course all by the same artist. It's like visiting her own world. The Dragonfae Oracle are by I think 7 artists. I love the cards by 3 of the artists but some of them are just, well in my opinion, bad. I won't say which one but one of the artist's cards are the worst, they look like my young daughter drew them in art class and not in a wonderful whimsical way either! So I cringe when those cards come up just because for me they look so tacky. Then the book goes on this beautiful story and journey about the card but it's hard to get this sense of awe, depth and wonder looking at this bad art. That's just my opinion though. Some others will of course like it, you might! Tastes in art are all so varied.

BeyondtheVeil

missy_ said:

Great choices! :thumbsup:

missy_ said:

OR:

* Dragonfae

I don't know anything about those, so hopefully someone can chime in on their experience, likes, etc.

good luck deciding! :heart:
BTV

missy

F.M. Tarot said:
My vote goes wholeheartedly to the Faeries! It's my favorite oracle for months now and the more I use it the more it opens up to me and for my readings to clients.

From the first time I used this oracle it has sent me timely, touching and wonderful messages! Certain cards seem to turn up again and again, then when I finally stop dithering around, listen and meditate on what they're trying to tell me, new cards haunt me! Hard to explain with words really, but I know there is something very special and magical about this oracle! :love:

Thank you, F.M. Tarot! It is great to hear a resounding vote for the Wild Wisdom. :D

F.M. Tarot said:
I do have to say that the art is really amazing and breathtaking in the Wild Wisdom deck and of course all by the same artist. It's like visiting her own world. The Dragonfae Oracle are by I think 7 artists. I love the cards by 3 of the artists but some of them are just, well in my opinion, bad. I won't say which one but one of the artist's cards are the worst, they look like my young daughter drew them in art class and not in a wonderful whimsical way either! So I cringe when those cards come up just because for me they look so tacky. Then the book goes on this beautiful story and journey about the card but it's hard to get this sense of awe, depth and wonder looking at this bad art. That's just my opinion though. Some others will of course like it, you might! Tastes in art are all so varied.

I saw some images in the Dragonfae that I found slightly jarring. I like art to flow in a deck. All of it should feel like it belongs. Hard to say how I would react to the deck in person. I have seen so few scans it is hard to judge. I might prefer a deck like Wild Wisdom done by one artist; it depends on how smoothly the Dragonfae art goes together. Like you said, how we react to art is a personal thing. :)

I think HearthCricket would vote for the Dragonfae; don't tell me I only have one vote for each of those decks! :eek:

You guys, I would love to hear if you got your copy of either deck and it is languishing in a drawer somewhere or if you are actually using it! Do you love them? Like them? Indifferent to them? Are they just one more deck in a huge collection of oracles? Were you excited about their arrival but then put them aside? Pretty artwork but can't read with them? Can't get enough of them? What has your experience been with them?

Okay, I guess that is enough questions for now. :party:

F.M. Tarot

missy_ said:
Cool! :party: I am curious, with regard to U.S. Amazon, did you go through the seller The Book Depository? I sent them an email and am awaiting a response. I don't see them for $5 but more like $8+. Where did you see $5? Lucky!

It was a lone person seller, he was in Kansas! It was brand new too :) We all get lucky once in awhile. lol