Why Lenormands?

Richard

......And also, what do those who use Lenormands think of tarot lenormand hybrids? Easier, harder or no difference in reading?

Thanks!
The Lenormand is a truncated playing card deck with illustrations. Mlle Lenormand used ordinary playing cards. Thus the Lenormand concept is somewhat remote from Tarot. Moreover, the associated Lenormand meanings for the playing cards do not correspond to any system of interpretation that I know of for the Tarot Minor Arcana. Thus I really don't like the idea of a hybrid, but then I am not only something of a Tarot purist but also a curmudgeon (just ask my ex), so take my opinions with a grain of salt. :grin:

DownUnderNZer

I love the lenormand...the BLUE OWL...to be precise.

36 cards, simple and to the point if you want specific questions answered.

And I find on the most part they are very accurate if one is objective, has a good understanding of each card and the question is clear along with the key card if doing the no lay out spread. Still experimenting with ONE card and THREE card readings and until I can get strong feedback I will not know how well those readings have gone, but its all about experimenting, experiencing and learning.

As for the 36 card spread...that is good too...few different cards have slight differences in meaning including the combo meanings, but this spread is good for various areas being looked at and for general readings if a querant only wants to look at one thing or an overview. But plenty of info can be gathered...

I LOVE THE LENORMAND. :) :heart: :)

Le Fanu

I have a plain old Blue Owl w/ German LWB, a 1926 Carreras Deck (the fat ones), and now a Pixie's Astounding Lenormand.
great site Chiska! I had never seen it before. And I am endlessly fascinated by the Dondorf editions.

GryffinSong

Yes, I have that one. It's hard to find in the US. Don't pay too much for it. Try here.

Thanks Richard! What do you think of this deck in hand? Do you know of a site that has more photos? How large is it? How do you like the cardstock?

Thanks! :)

Richard

Thanks Richard! What do you think of this deck in hand? Do you know of a site that has more photos? How large is it? How do you like the cardstock?

Thanks! :)
Here are a few more images - http://www.playingcardsales.com/cards/morepics/13896_6_lenormand_oracle_cards.jpg
The actual cards have brighter colors. Cardstock is good, typical Lo Scarabeo quality. Size is 62 x 100 mm (2 7/16 x 3 15/16 in). Nice deck, likely the best choice if you don't want verses or playing card insets. It seems to be popular in Europe and Australia, but for some reason is not imported to the US. I enjoy using it.

GryffinSong

Thanks, Richard, that looks really nice, especially for that price. I think you guys have talked me right into it!!! lol

I spent HOURS last night searching the web for royalty-free, copyright-free images to make a private lenormand. I've got at least a dozen images that I'm really happy with, and will see how it goes. Someday I intend to make an original deck of some sort. I'm considering this sort of a test run experiment with the format. I did notice my reactions to the cards that are in, and not in, a lenormand deck, and noting what I might change in a personal deck. For example, images such as whip, coffin and cross don't immediately impress on my mind what the intended meanings are. And why is there a mountain but not any other land types.

Anyway, lots to think about. Thanks again, Richard. Book Depository has gone into my favorite's list.

greatdane

Thanks lrichard!

I just ordered from Book Depo! How can you not at that price?! It's a lovely looking deck.

Richard

You all are very welcome for the info. Book Depository is slow but sure (at least for me, so far). It's hard to beat their prices, especially with the free shipping!

WooMonkey

Richard,
Yet another appreciation for the link to the Book Depository. I've already got Titania's and Pixie's Astounding Lenormand, but this one looks appealing too. Nice and simple.
Thanks!
Woo!

Richard

Richard,
Yet another appreciation for the link to the Book Depository. I've already got Titania's and Pixie's Astounding Lenormand, but this one looks appealing too. Nice and simple.
Thanks!
Woo!
My pleasure.