Wooden Pirate Tarot

femalegamer

With the lack of response, I'll assume I missed the mark there - what do YOU want to see? Specific cards or suits? More court?

firemaiden

Wow! I'm just discovering this deck (thanks to your link to the Walking the Plank card on the other pirate deck thread). I'm really intrigued. And yes, no I don't like the recently posted minors nearly as much as the majors. I'm very intrigued by the majors though, and would love to see how they work on card stock. Will the cards be printed by inking the wood blocks? Sort of curious. I love the wooden engravings, athough they would be hard to shuffle. LOL.

femalegamer

While a nifty idea to do the cards at woodcuts (something that I think would be awesome, actually), the plan still is to cut all the cards, scan them at high res, and print them normally. There's a deal in the works with a publisher that's not "just" Dragonfire, but I'm going to keep my trap shut until signatures are in place.

I didn't have as much personal input into the ideas for the minors (and an artist I'm not, just an idea person) as I did with the majors, but they're pretty well set now; the artist is no longer with Dragonfire. Like most decks, I like some more than others, and general I find it a deck that hangs together, personal biases aside. ;)

femalegamer

*jumps around* It's finally listed: http://www.schifferbooks.com/newschiffer/book_template.php?isbn=9780764331824

I didn't want to post anything until it was! Woohoo!

AND, the plan is also to work on a companion book for a deluxe edition that will be self-published off the Dragonfire site instead. (probably packaged with a box with a card image)

I'm just so excited. :)

*frowns at lack of credit for the artist, however* *sigh*

Sidhe-Ra

Excellent! Schiffer have finally produced a normally priced tarot! (They have excellent taste in decks ;))

I will definitely be ordering this! (Arrrrrrrr!)

Em x

truelighth

Another deck for the wishlist. I have the Wooden Pirate tarot in Wood. But it will be so nice to have a deck that I can shuffle too. Thanks for the head-ups and congrats.

gregory

You are the ONLY person (not counting, I presume, Adam) who actually BOUGHT the wooden one.... The only one I want that way is the Kashmiri. Sigh drool. Any offers ????

Alta

wow! congratulations! Schiffer seems committed to go into this market.

Good for you and sorry about the lack of credit for the artist.

truelighth

gregory said:
You are the ONLY person (not counting, I presume, Adam) who actually BOUGHT the wooden one.... The only one I want that way is the Kashmiri. Sigh drool. Any offers ????

Hmm, you think Adam and I are really the only ones? I think there are more collectors out there that are crazy enough }).

Anyway, I first only bought the majors. I bought the minors last august. Ok, I didn't know it was also going to be a card deck. But oh well, my Wooden one is special too, the majors are a bigger size then the minors. So it will always be a one of a kind deck :D.

And about the Kashmiri.. sorry, can't help you. I got the silk-screened, but the wooden one.. alas.. I also drool about that one.