Work In Progress

darkling_raven

in reply

the almost anime ... dark comic-ky feel ...*hehe*

Well I don't think I would have put my art out in that way :p
but thanks anyways =^.^=

A little dark, maybe ... giving it a more seiours tone, maybe. Almost anime like. Hmmmm, maybe ... just a tad wee bit. Comick-y ... wel I did graduate from the school fo "copying and learning to draw from comic books* programme :p

but thanks Blue_fusion
Your own work is FANTASTIC! ... seriously .... nice *grinz* My fav is the Vanessa set.

Demonesse:
Ahhh thanks :) ...
The fradella : ... oh .. Thats flattering. To be compared professionally. In fact to be compared at all *haha*

but yeah ... i'll try working on ONE color when I get the time this week then.

Yinn

spoonbender

Re: templating

darkling_raven said:
just a rough (VERY) draft of a template of colour using the original brown paper style rubdown with chalk and charcoal.
http://www.geocities.com/darkling_raven001/images/illus_01.gif

Darkling_raven,
That's a beautiful card! I'm really impressed, it looks great, the colour is very nice - you're really making a lot of progress here. I can't make out the details very well though, can you tell us some more about the card (like symbols, meaning, etc.)?

Thanks,
warm regards,
Spoonbender

blue_fusion

i really love yer style. brings a youthful effect to the deck. :) nice many-armed person ya got there. lol. plus i like the fact that the colours aren't all over the place. :D

darkling_raven

Replisse

Blue_fusion:

Once again ... thanks for the compliment.

I'm trying to infuse a More youthful, alternative element to reading the symbolisms thus the cards. Its mostly for me and my friends but it should appeal for the younger audience looking for something fun =^.^= without it losing too much symbolism. ... well at least I hope so. :p

I should HOPE the colours arent' All over the place *haha* ... i trie to balance out the colours as well as the meaning behind them :p

-----------------
Spoonbender:

In response to your query:
The card is the Magus, The magician, the Conjurer.
Bold, Confident and Skillful. ... and a master inllusionist *grinz*
The want is still there high above his head, but the other is toward the earth (my salute to the traditions); But the many arms are but an illusion ... a deviation from static reality.

Each arm bears the four elements/suits. Wielded in his own hands. The Pentable on a chain (geomancy wheel); green as the earth. The tattoos are also reflective of respect to the earth.

The lower right hand: Is s'pose to be holding a air/smoke Censer or an aspergillum but I cant decide on the detail yet. The ribbon banner floats about him is respect to air.
The other 2 hands are wielding a torch and a pitcher. It brings light and life to the borders.

I tried to make the background bled with the elements as well.

The symbol of eternity if his goggles.
Aviation goggles to indicate he is also a symbol of Mercury, movement and air. Achievement and Progression.

There's also the shield.

The skirt pattern is of a leaf, turning over.

I golden halo represents a crown of sorts; gold and yellow trim as well as royal purple and sympathetic green.

There are more ... but its really up to the reader to find out more =^.^=

------------------------------------

but ITS ONLY a colour theory piece. Not a finished product. I'm not yet done experimenting with depth as I did with the other cards or FULL monochromatic scheme.

I'm doing all this for feedback really.

Yinn
=^.^=

-always learning, always teaching.

M-Press

Hi!
I saw a couple of images, and now the links take me to a yahoo/gecities: "This page is not available. "
:(
Am I the only one?

blashamma

No, you're not the only one M-Press. I can't see the new images anymore, though I could see the older ones. I'm sad.

darkling_raven

my apologies ...

Ummm,,, i'm having problems uplloading the magician (color test) pic onto another server / site :( ...

Would you mind terribly if I emailed it to you guys for feedback nad comments? ===>M-press : Blashamma

Yinn

ps: the symbolism explanation is in post above

M-Press

Got in in the email! Thanks darkling!

You sure are a creator of "good bodies"!!! do you draw at the gym??? ;)
I like him. the composition and all.
I think the hands sure give him an active and god-like ability.
I'm not sure about the name Illusionist though. Somehow this does not click to me with Mercury at all. "Achievement and Progression" are not illusions...
It's true that the Magician is also the Trickster, but I usually don't like to focus on that...
The word illusion reminds me more of the Moon. There is more "brain" in Trickster ... Illusion for me is more "fantasy"...

Donno... it's only my thought....It's your deck though, and if you feel that this is how you want it, then it's valid...

Coloring-I really need to see quite a few cards to tell about this. Will all be in the brown style? yes? no?
I really have to see how color feels in a series to have an opinion here.
Anyway, I suggest that since you are at such a beginning stage, that you experiment a bit with colors, and coloring techniques. If not now, when?

Keep on the good work! :)

darkling_raven

food for thought

M-Press

*haha* Draw at the gym... hardly.
First, I'd think I'd get beaten up first for staring at guys at the gym *hehe*, that is if I can get in. (not terribly atheletic myself, I'd stick out lke a stick) ! :D

I'll think about the whole 'naming' thing. Hmmm, "Mercury" ... Maybe the Evoker; thats stronger and more active, rather than subtle .... requires as much skill and potential for change and chalenge to the precepts of ttraditions of the world *ponders ...*
Sounds more ation oriented than thought driven .... but *hmms*

I'm oping by the time I get thru all this, the next time I post, it'll be the final cards (3 cards at a time since I'm working on 3 cards at a time). So it'll be like a set of three release =^.^=
BTW: the brown tone background: paper option. Just testing since it lends a softer tonal value as opposed to cards that are coloured on while (stronger contrast and colour value).

Yinn