Would You Continue To Read Tarot Even If It Aged You?

Would you continue to read tarot even if it physically aged you?

• Total voters

Laura Borealis

Id love to know the age range of the various respondents and if that affected our choices: I'm in the 'older than some' category, and may have answered differently if I had been much younger...

I'm 51. And I like looking older - I have become practically invisible and I love it.

But I answered "once in a blue moon" when the first post still said doing a reading would visibly age you. The Tarot of Dorian Gray. :p

rylla

I don't see how divining could possible age you...sorry the question seems to me nonsense - quite good as a joke though :) - but not a real debate for which to vote.

nisaba

Of course - and I hope I do, because it means I'm alive... But in our society which places such emphasis on youthfulness, it's not any easy thing for a woman to see her body and face change.
Yeah it is. I'm fat, middle-aged, wrinkly and starting to finally go grey (I curse the genes that didn't let my hair turn grey twenty years ago).

Why would you want people to think you are younger than you are? And inexperienced, and stupid? Aging is the best gift that life gives you. It gives you adulthood, a sense of the self that is not dependent on the mirror, it gives you wisdom.

But if you truly want people to think you look younger than you are, try this: put your age UP whenever you give it, and find excuses to give it. Put it up about six years if you;re in your twenties, and at least a decade if you are over thirty.

If you put your age DOWN and people believe you, they might think: man, she looks terrible for her age!

But if you put your age UP, they'll be saying - wow, she looks fabulous! And has all that life-experience as well!

Always try to be your age or older. Aging is fantastic.

(Are you REALLY so dependent for your self-esteem on what other people think of your appearance? Do you REALLY need to fit into how "society" says you should look?)

celticnoodle

Oh this poll & its replies is hilarious!! I love it!!!

It's not reading that ages you, it's the loved ones or clients who can give you grey hairs!!! :laugh:

Seriously though, there's no way I'd stop reading! IMO - if you "think or act old" that's the way to age... ;)

this post reminds me of what our 'line' was when I worked for the Agency on Aging--

"its not how old you are. its how you ARE old!"

Working for the Agency on the Aging was the best job I had (even compared to reading tarot at the New Age shop, as much as I loved that). The seniors we worked with (and for really) were fantastic people and more fun then many of the friends I had my own age. :D

GotH

I don't see how divining could possible age you...sorry the question seems to me nonsense - quite good as a joke though :) - but not a real debate for which to vote.

It's called C O N V E R S A T I O N. Friends do enjoy this kind of activity with each other.

If you consider it nonsense, why would you even bother to post?

ravenest

Nah ... its not nonsense ... but I did detect some slightly ulterior motive in why it was said to you originally :)

Which, you no doubt immediately detected and saw through. ;)

Realatives! Gotta luv 'em! (or leave 'em) .

< peers closely at her face and figure > " Oh dear! .... You have been messing around with those tar-ot cards again haven't you? " })

ravenest

AND ...

the inkling I get that these poll results are going to printed out and left casually on someone's coffee table :) .

GotH

I tell ya one thing.. No matter what or how soon, some things will NEVER change! ;)

Girls Night Out

:D