Your experiences when you had a professional tarot/psychic reading

avalonian

The first reading I ever had was from a lady who used playing cards, it wasn't a "two way" type reading, more a "stream of consciousness" from her, she was adamant that I shouldn't speak or tell her anything.

At the time I had been out of contact with my family for 18 years. She said someone was trying to trace me, I had a letter from my father forwarded to me via the health authority within a week.

She said I would go to Germany within the next few months. I had never been abroad, but sure enough, five months later I was in Germany at my brother's wedding. When I had the reading I didn't even know that he lived there. She also said that she saw me sitting on a veranda, which I forgot about until I realised I was doing exactly that at my brother's house. There were other things which came true that I can't remember now, it was in 1996! I did have them written down in a little book but I have no idea where that is now.

I have had other readings since then, usually Tarot, as in my experience they seem to be more about getting advice, which suits me more. Maybe I am subconsciously drawn to readers that focus on that, rather than prediction.

I don't mind being told what is likely to happen, as long as I am also told what I may be able to do to change it. I think it was one of the books by Marcus Katz that referred to Tarot as the "GPS for the Soul", I thought that was brilliant and summed it up perfectly for me,

:) :) :)

celticnoodle

I once had a reading from a lady at a tarot fair who was a bit crazy and she suggested a self help book that would solve all my problems. A friend had a reading after me and she suggested a different self help book. I think nothing in her readings came true for either of us. However the books were helpful ultimately (I was suggested you can heal your life and she got feel the fear and do it anyway).

I got a good laugh out of this post. Daniel, I think it was funny that the reading wasn't so good but the books she recommended were great. :D

Here's the conundrum I have about this whole thread. The idea that life can be predicted, ie that life is set out in stone. I do not believe that we have only one choice, that our life is set out ahead of time. Rather I believe we have free will, which means that our life is determined by what doors we open and close. the problem with going to to psychic, even a "good" one, perhaps esp. a "good" one, is that there is huge possibility of them planting seeds in your consciousness, where subconsciously you begin to search for the seed they planted. So is the person psychic or are they just adept at planting seeds, being authority in your psyche.

yes, I often wonder about this myself. However, I've also had things told to me for other people weeks/months/years in advance, and didn't tell this person/people what was mentioned, only for it to come true. And, what happened to my mother about that will--well that was many years in advance and she spent over 30 years NOT talking to her brother. Nor did any of her sisters--so its a bit odd that it came to be. He didn't even live anywhere near them and none of the siblings had any idea of where he even was living, nor he - they.

Perhaps they are adept at using other senses to pick up details about current life. which impresses a person, giving more credence to everything else they say, which may or may not come true, depending on how obedient you are to the suggestion? I will admit that I have had a couple of experience in life that felt like it was predestined, but I still had free will. I could still chose whether or not to open those doors. Had I gone to a psychic who had told me about them, it would have ruined it for me. I learned more from both of these experiences because it came from following my inner truth, not someone's else's voice in my head. The little 4 year old that was so "psychic" was she psychic or carrying past life memories of this type of situation and planted this seed, this image so strongly in her family's psyche that she drew it to her and them.

I do definitely believe in free will. I also tell my customers this. And, as for my young niece, this is not the first thing she had predicted that also came true--just a biggie. I do not believe at all that she planted the seed. I know you meant no offense, and I didn't take any--but just wanted to put this out there.

I also remembered that before I became pregnant, my mothers cousin called her one day and asked her if I was pregnant. My mother was shocked and said "NO! At least I hope not!" (at the time, I was not married but living with my partner--much to my Catholic parents disgust, ;) ). I remember her asking me in a casual way--w/o telling me that her cousin mentioned it to her. I assured her I was taking precautions - as we were both in college at the time, and both working but not enough money to afford this route. Then, didn't I find out soon after that I was indeed pregnant. :laugh:

The funny thing about this was that her cousin (also very psychic, btw) also told her I was going to have a girl and that she was going to be quite psychic. My moms cousin who told her all this received her information from deceased loved ones--her own mother, my mothers mother and another auntie of theirs who was deceased. Cous' mentioned they were all three very excited about my having this baby. :laugh: (even though they also knew we were not yet married!).

This cousin also told my mother once that the same 3 spirits came to her one night and excitedly told her that my parents were going to buy a new home--and she also went on a 'tour' of this home with them. Now, at the time my dad was adamant that he would "NEVER MOVE AGAIN!" :laugh: 3 mos. later, didn't friends decide to retire early and move to FL to be with their kids. Their house was to be sold and they called my dad and asked him, "Wouldn't you like to buy this house? It'd be perfect for you guys!" My dad shocked the hello out of mom when they went over "just to visit Mr & Mrs "X" and then asked her if she would like to live in the house. They ended up buying it and living there for a good long time. (mom and dad moved one more time after this). :laugh:

So, *shrugs* I'm not sure its a seed being planted that we make come true. Just some things they can 'see' happening and we still always have 'free will' to make it happen or not. This is why some psychics, perhaps, are accurate and some are way off the mark.

Or at least, its a possibility?

PeonyInLove

Here's the conundrum I have about this whole thread. The idea that life can be predicted, ie that life is set out in stone. I do not believe that we have only one choice, that our life is set out ahead of time. Rather I believe we have free will, which means that our life is determined by what doors we open and close. the problem with going to to psychic, even a "good" one, perhaps esp. a "good" one, is that there is huge possibility of them planting seeds in your consciousness, where subconsciously you begin to search for the seed they planted. So is the person psychic or are they just adept at planting seeds, being authority in your psyche. Perhaps they are adept at using other senses to pick up details about current life. which impresses a person, giving more credence to everything else they say, which may or may not come true, depending on how obedient you are to the suggestion? I will admit that I have had a couple of experience in life that felt like it was predestined, but I still had free will. I could still chose whether or not to open those doors. Had I gone to a psychic who had told me about them, it would have ruined it for me. I learned more from both of these experiences because it came from following my inner truth, not someone's else's voice in my head. The little 4 year old that was so "psychic" was she psychic or carrying past life memories of this type of situation and planted this seed, this image so strongly in her family's psyche that she drew it to her and them.

That's very interesting... I agree with you and believe we all have free will and I also believe that sometimes seeds can be planted, to then come true. Some people are more impressionable than others. It kind of reminds me of my friend who reads her daily horoscope and if its not a positive forecast, she starts the day with a crap outlook and then when she does indeed have a crap day she will be like 'see it was in my horoscope' when in reality she more than likely thought negatively to which she made her self fulfilling prophesies come to life.

With free will, I see it like we all have different branches/paths in our life that we can take and a psychic might be able to predict certain things that happen if we stay on the path/branch we're on now. Some psychics might even point out to you a few of the paths you can follow and those outcomes etc and you have the free will to alter that course at anytime. But I think mostly they make predictions based on the current branch you're climbing and like I said I totally believe you have the free will to change it.

Simple

I haven't read through everyone's posts yet, but will surely, as this is my favorite subject to talk about. :D

My mother use to take us girls and sometimes friends of ours to get our tarot cards read, (she refused to ever read for family), and quite a few of them were also very psychic. I remember one time going there and my mothers reading told her that she would inherit a lot of money from a man she knew but had no contact with. The man was furthered described as a slender built, dark haired, blue eyed man. The reader mentioned there would be a lot of things going on in regards to the will, and some fighting as well to get it.

Mother always swore that was ridiculous, as she didn't know anyone to fit that bill that would leave her money or that she'd fight for- and just laughed it off. Well, at least 20 + years later, guess what happened? Mom did indeed get A LOT of money from her brother. She and her brother hadn't spoken in many, many years, and they lost track of each other. He did have a will drawn up, and everyone who was close to him knew about this will, but the will was never registered and had disappeared. So the person who was to inherit, did not inherit and instead his assets went to his closest relatives--his 3 living sisters, my mother being one of them.

I had a reading again at the same place where mom had the above reading, and was told that I would meet and marry my s.o. around a holiday and she gave me his 3 initials. Told me what he did for a living, how he dressed, what he looked like and that we would do a lot of world traveling. Well, he sounded ideal to me, but I also laughed it off and forgot this reading. Awhile later, I did meet a wonderful man, and we enjoyed each others company immensely--he was a keeper, I knew! We moved in together for awhile before we married too. However, it was before we actually moved in together that I remembered the reading, and having had taken notes, pulled it out to go over, and everything this woman predicted was 100% right on! Right down to his initials! :laugh:

One reason I laughed it off, is that my sister also had a reading by this woman and she read pretty much the same thing to her, talking about how she'd meet and marry her s.o. soon, his initials, and more. So, we had figured that she was giving this same reading to all the young girls who came before her.

My young niece, is very psychic, and one day when she went to my moms home to be babysat, she walked up to my mother and told her that her parents were going to divorce each other. My mother was shocked and assured this niece, (who was at the time about 4yoa) that she was wrong and "if mommy & daddy are fighting, they'll work it out", etc. etc. to reassure this niece. My sister and her husband were also shocked that she would say this, but the niece kept right on and said "daddy is leaving for another woman". My sister, bro in law & the children were shopping one day and ran into this woman (we all went to school together & knew each other) and my niece was quite rude to the woman and later mentioned that "that's the woman daddy will leave us for!"

Now, fast forward many years, and sure enough, later on didn't my bro in law and this very woman have an affair (both being married to others) and my bro in law left my sister for this woman! So, even my young niece could predict something far in advance.

I have many stories of where predictions came true like this. Some I've even been able to predict myself. So, yes, it can come to be, and while I don't know how old your son is, I'm willing to bet he will end up motor biking with someone he is close to. Hold onto this reading, and check back in some years to see if it came to be! :D

That's amazing!!!! Your niece must have a real gift!!!
I haven't had something crazy like that. But my mom had this reading with her long time psychic and this time, this psychic who reads playing cards predicted my grandmother (my mom's mother in law) death. It was accurate down to the time and the last person my grandma saw (my dad).

Over next 7 years, my mom still went and saw her but eventually, the connection was lost. She longer could predict things accurately for us. So my mom had to move on and find someone else. I'm still in search of someone that can connect to me like that :)

Padma

Loads of amazing stories in here! :bugeyed:

My own story - I saw a psychic who read playing cards at a county fair when I was 17. Asked her when I would marry, being a teen full of romantic fluff and silliness. She said at 32 - I was horrified! I could not even imagine being that old! She also told me I would marry a captain.

Fast forward several years, now in my mid to late twenties, playing card reader tells me I will find the letter A significant, and will live on an island with a man and a child. (I already had a child at this point - single mom)

A year later, a different tarot reader tells me I will meet and travel with a man who is a government employee.

When I am thirty two, I meet an army captain. So much of all those years thinking I may one day marry the captain of a ship! lol! We then move to England, with my son.

Military employees work for the government, and so are considered government employees - and we move every two years or ever one year. I have traveled - a LOT!

So though the predictions took years to come true, and I forgot about them till after the facts, they turned out to be *very* true! Oh yeah - and my husband's (and now my) last name begins with the letter A :D

DownUnderNZer

I don't see how you get that anyone has "limited choices" with their sharing of readings on this thread.

We all know there is free will and nothing is set in stone, but there are some readers that are truly exemplary.

I may have chosen to go to Japan, but the reader didn't set up a Kevin or Mike to meet me in my workplace there and that same reader told me things only my mother knew when she was carrying me. She has never met my mother and both live in different countries!

And by the time I went to Japan I had forgotten her "predictions" until I replayed her tape some time later when revisiting Australia and my storage unit. When I went to her in the first place it was for guidance about my career and one other question that had been on my mind for years.

No one is 100%, but some really are right up there when it comes to being readers. And that first reading I had with the one in Canberra wasn't off or wrong at all and accurate as one can get with a reading. It was me that disagreed with a lot she said as at the time I'd already traveled extensively and just wanted to settle down and when she told me things about my mother's pregnancy with me I thought she was wrong.

I don't think all those on here that have shared have only sought out readers just for "predictions".

I was fortunate to have gone in for a reason and came out with a tenthfold more. :)

Here's the conundrum I have about this whole thread. The idea that life can be predicted, ie that life is set out in stone. I do not believe that we have only one choice, that our life is set out ahead of time. Rather I believe we have free will, which means that our life is determined by what doors we open and close. the problem with going to to psychic, even a "good" one, perhaps esp. a "good" one, is that there is huge possibility of them planting seeds in your consciousness, where subconsciously you begin to search for the seed they planted. So is the person psychic or are they just adept at planting seeds, being authority in your psyche. Perhaps they are adept at using other senses to pick up details about current life. which impresses a person, giving more credence to everything else they say, which may or may not come true, depending on how obedient you are to the suggestion? I will admit that I have had a couple of experience in life that felt like it was predestined, but I still had free will. I could still chose whether or not to open those doors. Had I gone to a psychic who had told me about them, it would have ruined it for me. I learned more from both of these experiences because it came from following my inner truth, not someone's else's voice in my head. The little 4 year old that was so "psychic" was she psychic or carrying past life memories of this type of situation and planted this seed, this image so strongly in her family's psyche that she drew it to her and them.

Padma

I don't see how you get that anyone has "limited choices" with their sharing of readings on this thread.

We all know there is free will and nothing is set in stone, but there are some readers that are truly exemplary.

I may have chosen to go to Japan, but the reader didn't set up a Kevin or Mike to meet me in my workplace there and that same reader told me things only my mother knew when she was carrying me. She has never met my mother and both live in different countries!

And by the time I went to Japan I had forgotten her "predictions" until I replayed her tape some time later when revisiting Australia and my storage unit. When I went to her in the first place it was for guidance about my career and one other question that had been on my mind for years.

No one is 100%, but some really are right up there when it comes to being readers. And that first reading I had with the one in Canberra wasn't off or wrong at all and accurate as one can get with a reading. It was me that disagreed with a lot she said as at the time I'd already traveled extensively and just wanted to settle down and when she told me things about my mother's pregnancy with me I thought she was wrong.

I don't think all those on here that have shared have only sought out readers just for "predictions".

I was fortunate to have gone in for a reason and came out with a tenthfold more. :)

closerwalking said:
Here's the conundrum I have about this whole thread. The idea that life can be predicted, ie that life is set out in stone. I do not believe that we have only one choice, that our life is set out ahead of time. Rather I believe we have free will, which means that our life is determined by what doors we open and close. the problem with going to to psychic, even a "good" one, perhaps esp. a "good" one, is that there is huge possibility of them planting seeds in your consciousness, where subconsciously you begin to search for the seed they planted. So is the person psychic or are they just adept at planting seeds, being authority in your psyche. Perhaps they are adept at using other senses to pick up details about current life. which impresses a person, giving more credence to everything else they say, which may or may not come true, depending on how obedient you are to the suggestion? I will admit that I have had a couple of experience in life that felt like it was predestined, but I still had free will. I could still chose whether or not to open those doors. Had I gone to a psychic who had told me about them, it would have ruined it for me. I learned more from both of these experiences because it came from following my inner truth, not someone's else's voice in my head. The little 4 year old that was so "psychic" was she psychic or carrying past life memories of this type of situation...

I have to agree with you, DownUnderNZ. I had completely forgotten my own readings till well after the fact. And I had free will throughout ;) And I freely married that captain! hahahaha!

I am still amazed that 15 years earlier, that woman saw him, saw his rank, and knew what she saw was true.

I also do not think I was limited to choices planted like seeds in my head. There were far too many synchronicites and randomness and coincidences for that. Plus, two other readers throughout the years corroborated other aspects of the story that was to unfold.

DownUnder, you got some great readings!

celticnoodle

Lotus Padma, WHAT a story! :D As I was reading your post and where she said 'he was a captain' I was thinking, "I bet he was in the Navy" and then got to the end of your post, I had to laugh. that was SOME read!!! :thumbsup:

I have to agree with you, DownUnderNZ. I had completely forgotten my own readings till well after the fact. And I had free will throughout ;) And I freely married that captain! hahahaha!
ROFL--this last line of yours was truly cute! :laugh:

I am still amazed that 15 years earlier, that woman saw him, saw his rank, and knew what she saw was true.

I also do not think I was limited to choices planted like seeds in my head. There were far too many synchronicites and randomness and coincidences for that. Plus, two other readers throughout the years corroborated other aspects of the story that was to unfold.

and, probably even BEFORE he was in the Navy and a Captain! :thumbsup:

brilliant reading! :thumbsup:

celticnoodle

That's amazing!!!! Your niece must have a real gift!!!
Well, she could be. When she was 16, I gifted her - her first tarot deck, "The Golden Tarot". But, her mother, my sister, I believe sort of curbed her learning. My sister is too fearful of what "the neighbors would think" and now this niece is much the same way, sadly. However, she's still very young and I'm sure one she may just get back to it.

I haven't had something crazy like that. But my mom had this reading with her long time psychic and this time, this psychic who reads playing cards predicted my grandmother (my mom's mother in law) death. It was accurate down to the time and the last person my grandma saw (my dad).

Over next 7 years, my mom still went and saw her but eventually, the connection was lost. She longer could predict things accurately for us. So my mom had to move on and find someone else. I'm still in search of someone that can connect to me like that :)
very cool! :)

I love to hear other peoples stories of their readings. I also love to tell ours. :laugh: My mom was pretty cool, taking us girls and our friends to the readers when we were younger. She wouldn't ever read for us herself, but she was great about taking us to good readers who would. I think I was 13 or 14 when I had my first ever real tarot card reading. One of the cool things my mother did for us.

jolie_amethyst

I can't add to the stories as I have never had a professional reading. (I do very little predictive work with the cards, more introspective, and my own ability towards foresight has been enough to teach me that I don't want anything more on that score.) But what's said here echoes my own beliefs around free will and predestination.

I'll add though that free will also means you have the right to follow any path you choose--even a bad one, as described in the horoscope story a few posts back. There are those who will use a negative reading as an excuse to do or not do something. THAT IS THEIR RIGHT. With any sort of foretelling, it's the listerner's choice whether or not to allow such a thing to color their world with light or darkness. And there are readings, even self readings, that will plant seeds in your head to send you on adventures that you might otherwise never have had. That's not necessarily a bad thing!