Your Most Readable Deck

Barleywine

I put readability to the test yesterday. I did a series of 20-minute readings over a four-hour period at a local New Age fair. I brought five decks along because I knew there wouldn't be time to randomize a single deck thoroughly between sitters. For this purpose I brought the RWS Centennial, the Morgan Greer, the Connolly and the Robin Wood. I also brought the Thoth for the rare person who wants it, but never used it. As the traffic slowed down, I had a little more breathing room, so stayed with the RWS Centennial then. All of the decks performed beautifully.

Pipistrelle

I recieved the Dreaming Way Tarot yesterday and it reads wonderfully good, wow! I like it, like it a lot! I love the energy of the deck, it's rather blunt and direct and I just looooove the art, it's so beautifull.
I agree. I'd say the Dreaming Way is one of my most readable decks, if not THE most readable. Side-by-side cards interact with each other so well, which makes it so easy to just read the pictures. There are also lots of odd little details which can become one thing or another depending on surrounding cards and your intuition/imagination.

Nemia

Yes, I agree - the Dreaming Way reads really, really well, in a clear and pleasant voice. It's one of my favorites.

cSpaceDiva

Believe it or not, Tarot of the Trees. That one is continually surprising me.

Hanson Roberts has always been very reliable for me as well.

celticnoodle

You've made me think - do some decks shrug off the energies from readings better than others? Are some more likely to have someone's energy, or the emotions from a reading, cling to them? Do some need resting and/or cleansing more often? I wonder if that similarly varies by reader, or if it varies by the deck itself (assuming it varies at all).

I do believe energy plays a MAJOR part of any reading of any type. I'm generally very good at reading the energies of people even w/o the cards or any other divination tool. I have no idea why my RW behaved so while on vacation. After any reading (save while I was on vacation), I put my decks near my crystals--which includes some "cleansing" crystals. I just don't always take the crystals on vacation with me and didn't with this trip.

It could've been me, I guess, as I was tired--we were kept quite busy running from one relatives home to the other--but then I was able to read well w/my Lennie deck.

I think much of the reason I love my RW so, is because it was a 2nd hand deck and well worn. Whomever owned it previously must have been a great reader as the deck definitely has great energy in it. It felt great the moment I held it in my hands. But, perhaps it was on vacation too and just didn't want to read! :D

I tend to flip-flop about cleansings of decks, etc. and don't really believe that they need to be cleansed, because they are only a tool of the trade. However, I have crystals around and its just also a very convenient place to keep the deck when not in use--so.....

Interestingly so, while I say they are merely a "tool" for the use of divining with--I have many interesting experiences with some of my decks that surely makes them seem like they are truly alive with much energy! So, I'm still trying to figure out if they are "merely a tool" or if they are indeed loaded with energy and *alive* somehow. :D

MandMaud

Then we should make a list about reader types and energy. I believe energy type and flow plays a very important role in how and with what we read the best.

I am one of those people who likes clear big images, warm colors, etc. But this is not enough. It doesn't guarantees that a deck is readable. I can't put my fingers on it what it does. I know that much that if a deck doesn't impress me (if the images leave me cold) it's much harder for me to read with it than otherwise. Perhaps we can define what makes a deck readable in a thread designed for this question.

OK, I have started that thread and here it is:
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=268203
" Can we identify a formula for a deck's readability? (Dare we make the attempt?) "

And I realised I was talking about two separate questions, so here's the other one:
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=268204
Are some decks more likely than others to hold onto energies?

ihcoyc

The Ancient Tarot of Lombardy (Gumppenberg) has a quiet strength that I find very appealing.

Awkward.turtle91

For me it's always been the Llewellyn Anne moria deck.

I call it my truth deck, it's never once miss guided me on information or readings.
It's always been accurate and easy to read.

Funny that as an ex picked it out for me.

My other one has started to be the dreaming way, I've only started using it and i find it ever so easy!

x

Athena9

Madam Clara Sees All! deck

The creator even wrote down basic meanings for all the cards, for reversals too. It's a great beginner deck aside from Waite