A year ago....

Kiama

I've been thinking about how I first started collecting Tarot decks, and I came across something really funny.

A year ago, I could probably name about 3 decks. I had no idea there were so many of them, or in such varied styles. One deck was the same as all others....

Now however, I can name hundreds uopn hundreds, identify them, suggest certain for certain people, categorise them, give reviews of them for others, buy the right deck for my close friends..... Oh my!

I'm proud of myself. I've finally become a proper collector.

Kiama :-D

Jewel

~Smiles~ your post takes me back about 6 or 7 years. First the walking by the decks at the book store and wanting one but not daring to buy it ~chuckles~. Then getting the RW although the Robin Wood called out to me, got the RW just because most of the books had RW pics ~shakes head~. Then came the Sacred Rose ... love the colored roses ... then somewhere after that about 3 years ago I started really collecting. Like you I never knew there were so many, and much less that one day I would be commenting on a bunch of them! Now I have all kinds of decks and want ohhhhhh so many more ~giggles~. Being able to pull several cards from several decks out and compare them has helped me learn what is important in a deck for me, and the beauty of the Tarot Art is one that I will forever cherish. Kiama, thanks for taking me down memory lane :)

Love & Light,

truthsayer

i've been reading tarot since 1974 and only owned 3 decks during then to 1999--the hoipolloi, rws, and thoth. i owned oracles like runes, medicine cards, and the cartouche. then i discovered the internet. since 1999 my collection has grown from 3 to around 30+ decks. :D i really didn't have an interest in other decks even when i saw them until i got the internet. y'all have been a bad influence on me and i love it! :cool:

purplelady

Truthsayer, exactly the same for me! I've been reading tarot since............1986, I think. Owned only a few decks . Until , gosh , 2000 I think when I discoved all the tarot deck reviews online! Now I have over 30+ decks also !

deso

Just as delightfully guilty here!!!! Started collecting (but didn't know it) around 10 years ago, had about a dozen decks a year ago. Now I have 40+...............ain't life delicious?

faunabay

A year ago I had....one!...yep just one. Now that I've found the reveiws on the internet and this forum I've got 25+.
You all are bad for my bank account. LOL

Strange2

Another member of the "40 decks and counting" club! This year I was determined to reinvigorate my creative endeavors. I rediscovered Tarot (after a 20-year hiatus). Every day is a now a new discovery, every card and every page a new joy. Looking forward to a lifetime of creative exploration and evolution with the Tarot, and with all of you!