Daughters of the Moon aka DOM-The Lovers I & II

FantasyWorld

WhiteRaven Image wise...I like the second one better but that's probably based on my own sexuality. Kinda a personalized thing. The second card gives me an impression that they are inside a womb...actually..then again...roflol...it looks like they are in the center of a vagina...wouldn't you say?[/QUOTE said:
It could be a vagina,LOL, who knows...
I do prefer the 2nd to the 1st but dislike both.

"Androgenous" is probably a good word for them Whiteraven, good pick on words!

Ace

WhiteRaven said:
That's basically why I'm tearing my apartment apart...I need something about the "Lovers"...Ace feels that both cards are Lesbians but that was not what the author intended...I'm trying to find concrete info so Ace can understand better what the author was trying to do by creating two Lovers cards.

I FOUND THE BOOK and if you want, I will PM you the section. It is about Aprodite, and love. "If this card comes up in a reading, you are dealing in some way with the appearance of Aphrodite. A new love or perhaps an old one, estastic energy, or difficulty with a lover. " It does not mention there about why it is two variations. Nor do I find anything about it elsewhere, maybe you can point it out to me, WR.

I find the one more about tenderness and the other sexuality (water=sensual feelings).

WhiteRaven: I like this comment: "The first Lovers..in the water...water=emotions...they are swimming in their passion..love..emotions..I even think that the air bubbles are there to remind us that we have to "come up" for "air" sometimes in love relationships..." very right!

As for the LWB or Sheet, I didn't have one in my deck either. I bought the book separate.

FantasyWorld

How many pages does the book have?

Ace

FantasyWorld said:
How many pages does the book have?

96. I will fax or pm a page but not the whole book.

WhiteRaven

Ace said:
I FOUND THE BOOK and if you want, I will PM you the section. It is about Aprodite, and love. "If this card comes up in a reading, you are dealing in some way with the appearance of Aphrodite. A new love or perhaps an old one, estastic energy, or difficulty with a lover. " It does not mention there about why it is two variations. Nor do I find anything about it elsewhere, maybe you can point it out to me, WR.

WhiteRaven: I like this comment: "I find the one more about tenderness and the other sexuality (water=sensual feelings).
The first Lovers..in the water...water=emotions...they are swimming in their passion..love..emotions..I even think that the air bubbles are there to remind us that we have to "come up" for "air" sometimes in love relationships..." very right!

As for the LWB or Sheet, I didn't have one in my deck either. I bought the book separate.

It's not in the book...that's why there are a couple of links and FantasyWorld said something about having a paper that explained about the Lovers.

Go back in the thread to find the links Ace...check out the two people that reviewed the deck..but it's not in the book...that's why I'm running around looking for the LWS (yes..it was a sheet like thing...not a book that was inside my box.)

FantasyWorld...101 pages if you don't count the Bibliography

FantasyWorld

Ace said:
96. I will fax or pm a page but not the whole book.
Ok, I'm confused!!!
There is a set on Ebay with a book and it says the book is 480 pages???
The one on Amazon is 96 pages, what's up with that?? Any clues?

Sorry, I know this doesn't belong in this thread.

WhiteRaven

HUH!

The last card in the book is THE HARVEST/10 of Pents and it's on page 101!

FantasyWorld

Well, I'll let you guys know when I get an answer from the seller.

WhiteRaven

Ace said:

I find the one more about tenderness and the other sexuality (water=sensual feelings).

WhiteRaven: I like this comment: "The first Lovers..in the water...water=emotions...they are swimming in their passion..love..emotions..I even think that the air bubbles are there to remind us that we have to "come up" for "air" sometimes in love relationships..." very right!

AHA! Ace...it's a really small, tiny referrence but it still counts! Look on page 3 of the book..."Contributors" Look at the entry for the Lovers...

Quoted from the book The Daughters of the Moon by Ffiona Morgan:

"Inspiration for Aphrodite, the Lovers, (Lesbian Version) painting from a photograph by Tee Corinne, thank you. "

Ace

WhiteRaven said:
Quoted from the book The Daughters of the Moon by Ffiona Morgan:

"Inspiration for Aphrodite, the Lovers, (Lesbian Version) painting from a photograph by Tee Corinne, thank you. "

My copy of the book (Last page, bibliography, pg 96) says: "Aphrodite, the Lovers--taken from a photograph by Tee Corinne." So there are different additions of the booklet! (480? I would check that someone didn't to a NEW book about DOM! or a major typo.)

I bow to you and say you are right and the swimmers is a hetro love, but I see those two as women still. Might be my prejudice but there it is! The healing card (one of the later cups) shows the same (looking) black woman being healed on the beach. The reviews do not explain (except to say they are androgenous) why the Swimmers is Hetero.