Death and high priestess

Indygoflame

I did a general reading asking what I should know for today. The cards I pulled are:

Death
5 of cups
High Priestess
10 of pentacles

I'm a bit worried with the 5 of cups placed between death and high priestess. My optimistic take on these is something being transformed that caused me grief being revealed by the high priestess. The 10 of pentacles card I could see as the material manifestation of the information or situation coming to a successful end. Thanks for any insights.

G Dren

I did a general reading asking what I should know for today. The cards I pulled are:

Death
5 of cups
High Priestess
10 of pentacles

I'm a bit worried with the 5 of cups placed between death and high priestess. My optimistic take on these is something being transformed that caused me grief being revealed by the high priestess. The 10 of pentacles card I could see as the material manifestation of the information or situation coming to a successful end. Thanks for any insights.

Interesting spread there:

General Meanings for my Tarot cards -- The Dragon Tarot by Terry Donaldson

Death = Clearing away of negative energy allowing more positive influences into ones life
5 of Cups = The need for emotional self reliance
High Priestess = Be guided by your intuition
10 of Pentacles = Joint finance, important investment decision

If I were to take a crack at this; I would say that:

it is time to wipe a slate clean and let go of a past endeavor. Take some time out for you to meditate and reconnect spiritually. Through meditation you will intuitively know the right thing to do. Even thought the 10 of Pents is about a joint endeavor; I am gathering this as if to say: Things can go up, and things can go down, pairing this with the High Priestess, I would think it represents not to place to much concern upon it. Things will work out when you let them.

Things for me are a general term since I do not know the back story for the question. Hope I am not too off base on this one, and hope my thoughts are of help to you on this read. I had to think on this one a bit myself.

headincloud

Death, h.P., 5C, 10P

Is there a home situation coming to an end perhaps, or wider family situation that is causing grief (already present) but dying out. Deep feelings and deep insights may be causing you to look back over the past and gut feeling is there is sadness rather than grief but the situation is not negative overall. Whats changing for you? it's touching your subconscious

Indygoflame

Interesting spread there:

General Meanings for my Tarot cards -- The Dragon Tarot by Terry Donaldson

Death = Clearing away of negative energy allowing more positive influences into ones life
5 of Cups = The need for emotional self reliance
High Priestess = Be guided by your intuition
10 of Pentacles = Joint finance, important investment decision

If I were to take a crack at this; I would say that:

it is time to wipe a slate clean and let go of a past endeavor. Take some time out for you to meditate and reconnect spiritually. Through meditation you will intuitively know the right thing to do. Even thought the 10 of Pents is about a joint endeavor; I am gathering this as if to say: Things can go up, and things can go down, pairing this with the High Priestess, I would think it represents not to place to much concern upon it. Things will work out when you let them.

Things for me are a general term since I do not know the back story for the question. Hope I am not too off base on this one, and hope my thoughts are of help to you on this read. I had to think on this one a bit myself.

First and foremost thank you for your feedback. I absolutely love your take on the 5 of cups representing emotional self reliance. I have never considered that take on it before. The 5 of cups with 10 of pentacles is interesting because I see 10 of pentacles as some sort of material manifestation. I definitely need to clear away negative energy and I haven't quite fine tuned my intuition. Last night I was thinking about those of us that walk between two worlds. Life/death. I wonder if those thoughts are represented by death and the high priestess.

Indygoflame

Is there a home situation coming to an end perhaps, or wider family situation that is causing grief (already present) but dying out. Deep feelings and deep insights may be causing you to look back over the past and gut feeling is there is sadness rather than grief but the situation is not negative overall. Whats changing for you? it's touching your subconscious

Good golly miss Molly! Yes, there has been issues regarding where I live that has been causing me crazy stress lately. I find that consciously/subconciously I'm always thinking about it in some form or another. Everyone deserves to live in a safe environment. However, lately I have not been feeling safe. The atmosphere is rife with division and playing people against one another. I've been praying for a positive turn of events in this area. Thanks for your insight!

Indygoflame

I forgot to mention this was a general what do i need to know for today type thing. No postions using the rider waite.

winter garden

For a daily read these cards could be pointing to something occuring in concrete terms, for example I've had the death card come up for a daily read when the battery in my car decided to die and on another occasion when I broke a fitting on my vacuum cleaner :D

Just thought I'd throw that in there, as we often think the cards are pointing to something life changing esp. when death comes up, but in daily reads this isn't always the case.

Indygoflame

For a daily read these cards could be pointing to something occuring in concrete terms, for example I've had the death card come up for a daily read when the battery in my car decided to die and on another occasion when I broke a fitting on my vacuum cleaner :D

Just thought I'd throw that in there, as we often think the cards are pointing to something life changing esp. when death comes up, but in daily reads this isn't always the case.

Ahh crises averted. Thank you for reminding me of that although I hope nothing breaks. šŸ˜

headincloud

I used to look at daily reads with a different mindset to a proper in depth reading but imho that was wrong because we can look for menial in an in depth reading or depth in a menial reading but the cards don't change only our perspective does.

If for example the death card is stalking us, or any card for that matter it pervades our life on all levels and affect all areas, that's to say something in our life is changing or dying out, we may hear of someone we knew has died and the hoover may well break down too but don't look for one thing because a card can never point to an isolated incident and mean only that because many things happen under the influence of any one card.

Cards reflect our energy and perhaps what you needed to be aware of that day is how you were feeling and as a result of that what action you need to take.

Indygoflame

Blue light special update!

So, I did this reading for myself yesterday as what I needed to know that day. However, I found out today why those cards came up.

Death= The cancellation of my daughters health insurance which actually happened on the day of my reading. (Yesterday)

5 of cups= my utter and total meltdown over hearing this news. I really almost went full on cardiac arrest as I had no idea that happened.

High Priestess= A woman from the insurance who just so happened to get a notification that the insurance was cancelled and called to notify me of the situation today!

10 of pentacles= I feel represents the fact it was my daughter who was affected which in turn affects me as well. We are our own family unit. I also feel that the 10 of pentacles signifies that it will be successfully resolved in our favor.

Thanks for all the feedback. The positive is we're alive. It was on a mundane but serious level.