Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws

Glass Owl

For those of you participating in the Deck of the Week Group, please post your Oracle daily draws in this thread.

Be sure to list the name of the deck you are using in the title of each post.

Deck of the Week Group
Each week (on a Saturday) participates pick a new deck to work with exclusively for the week. The weekly sign up thread for this group may be found in the Talking Tarot forum.

Looking for the group's daily draw thread for Tarot? You may find that thread here. If you picked a Lenormand deck, please head over to the Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draw thread.

Elendil

Symbolon: The Deck of Remembrance

I am posting my draws for this week:

Saturday June 21st:

The Phoenix

In an attempt to get my intuition to kick back in when I explore my decks I have decided to follow Ellen and BodhiSeed's advice from their comments on my blog last Sunday and set tarot aside in favour of an oracle deck. I have decided to work with the Symbolon deck and for today have drawn just one card.

The Phoenix suggests dramatic rebirth. I get the sense from this card that my decision has been the right one to make and that in working with an oracle deck for a change I can rejuvenate myself psychically/spiritually. I was beginning to feel a sort of burn-out , although in all honesty I had been working with some very non-traditional decks without the time necessary to assimilate their individual and unique systems. I see today's card as something very positive. Sometimes we need to hit rock bottom in order to find the strength that we need to haul ourselves up off our behinds and get moving again. An ending is suggested here...but it is an ending of an old way that is no longer useful.

Transformation begins…

Elendil

Sunday June 22nd:

The Farewell

This deck continues to pick up on exactly where I am and how I feel at this time. Today's cad is The Farewell and I see myself as the man in the forefront of the image. I have decided to de-clutter and walk a new path for a while in terms of my work with cards. I identify closely with the feelings of uncertainty which I see in the man's expression - but this unfettered feeling, this lack of rigid sytem, is liberating…

Elendil

Monday June 23rd:

The Vampire : Prevention : Deception

I decided to try a three card spread with my oracle deck today. At the centre is a card entitled 'Prevention' which depicts a knight trying, rather futilely, to pull a sword from a stone. My efforts prove fruitless. I am/have been trying too hard and have fixated upon the wrong goal, upon a task that is beyond my capabilities (at this time at least). The Vampire seems to suggest that I am the victim of a parasite of some kind. My energies are drained along with my vitality (perhaps even by my shadow SELF). The final card shows a rogue/mountebank plying his (rigged) game of chance. It is entitled 'Deception'. The depiction here is of sleight of hand...somewhere along the line I am being deceived (possibly by myself) and it is this that holds me back…

Elendil

Tuesday June 24th:

The Mediator : The Ice Queen

I can really relate to The Ice Queen. I think that for a long time now I have cut myself off from affect and feeling and have been in some sort of emotional denial. I have locked away parts of myself, thinking that it is in self protection, but this has left me disengaged and cold. Hermes, the messenger and guide, is used to depict The Mediator in this deck. I need to rediscover the means to move onwards from the winter land I have built my castle and fortress in. I need the wings that are on his feet and his assistance to show me the way forward. Time for the thaw to begin…

Elendil

Wednesday June 25th:

The Vampire

Am I The Vampire or am I his victim? Am I at risk of falling prey to unhealthy behaviours, or am I the perpetrator of nefarious deeds?

Interesting…

I took a look at the LWB which accompanies this deck and read that as a single card The Vampire suggests being involved in 'dangerous liaisons'. I guess that I should rethink some of the things I am currently doing (or plan to do) lest I get myself into more than just hot water...

Elendil

The Burden

Things are still getting me down and there is still a lot to do - encapsulated well by the image on this card of a man bent forward, a large rock on his back, slowly toiling up a mountain path. Thankfully, there is a path and the sun is shining...there is still a long way to go but the man has reached high into the mountains already...I need to know, today, that my own journey WILL reach an end eventually and I will be able to lay down my burdens...

Elendil

The Ailing King

Again, here is a card that captures exactly how I feel at the moment. Yesterday for most of the day I was in a low mood. This morning that low mood continues. I feel exhausted...I would very much like to retreat and go back to bed. I want to lay down my responsibilities for a while, just like the king in this image who leaves his robe, his crown and his sceptre on a chair while he sleeps. There are tonics and potions on his bedside table. I do not feel ill...but I do need some rest.

Rose Lalonde

Pagan playing cards

8 - 9 - Q

Good cards for the first morning of our extended weekend. Working in the sense of preparing, time with K, and a creative project. Those are the things I had in mind for my time today, so that's good. If I were greedy I'd say the 2 or 3 of spades would've been more encouraging re housework productivity -- the 8 seems to speak more to a temporary end of work as I reap the benefits of time off -- but the Queen of diamonds bodes well for getting a lot done on the creative project. I need to go start while I'm undistracted, the only one awake.

Elendil

Saturday June 28th:

The Marionette

Who is pulling my strings? Who is manipulating me? Clearly I am not under my own control at the moment and am performing to someone else's plan. Is my dialogue even my own? I need to find out.

Sunday June 29th:

The Burden

My feelings about this card and what it represents are very different today than what they were when it showed up on Thursday last week. Today I see the journey that the man makes as almost over. Yes, he carries a great weight but he has not got much further to go. I still have a lot to do myself, but it is not getting me down as I can see the end...even if it is still a little distant.