Do you have a religion?

RunningWild

I'm an apostate from Christianity. To? Judaism. I had a formal conversion and lived a nice quiet conservative life for a very long time. Then things happened, and then happened some more. Now I just tell people I'm on a very long hiatus from all of it, if asked. Intellectually, nothing has changed except my regard for observance and ritual.

Tarot didn't replace anything. It would likely be frowned upon in traditional circles, but since I'm not among them and not likely to go near them for now, I don't have to worry about it.

The crowned one

I suppose I have a doctrine, I try to be aware of it, and it is not all bad.

zhan.thay

For many years, I said, if asked, that I was a student of Buddhism which was a bit of a cop out because I took refuge with a Tibetan lama in the mid 80's and have received several and various empowerments. I don't regard Buddhism as a religion though many of its adherents practice it religiously. Personally, I guess I've developed my own take on how I want to live my life in an ethical sense and that is my dharma. It has taken influence from many, many, sources - like my music.

Anna

it depends upon your definition of the word religion. I have found etymology a tool of great use when determining the original meaning of words. Taking into account the original meaning of the word religion, then yes, I have a religion.

2dogs

I believe in someone with the power to do certain things well beyond the limits of probability, but I don't know their name, the limits of their powers, or even if they might be more than one. I've never received any commandments from them but they seem very keen for me to study Tarot and enjoy Nature.

Emily

I have a deep dislike of organised religion, I don't beleive in one ultimate male God. Many bad things are done under the guise of religious beliefs, and women seem to come off as inferior to men in these religions. And it all seems to go back to the fact that Eve was created, apparently, from Adam, Lilith the first woman created wasn't submissive enough so 'God' made Eve.

I do, however, think that there is 'something' - just not sure of what that something or someone is so I like to keep an open mind. In the times that I have prayed, I pray to who ever is listening.

mingbop

I'm a Spiritualist :)

2dogs

I have a deep dislike of organised religion.

I think it's the "organised" bit that has appealed to many men. That and the opportunity to exercise their own cleverness has provided a solid career path. ;)