does menstruation affect the energy of the cards ?

safari

yes that's what i want to know . does it make any difference at all ?
i know the energy changes when a woman is menstruating but does it affect the energy of the cards if she uses them being in that state ? if yes, is it recommended to not use the cards during that time ? do people really follow this practice? i would like to hear from them too ,if there are any !!

thank you for your inputs

p.s. i am sorry if this board is wrong to post in this kind of question but i didn't quite know where exactly to post it so i did it here !!!!

Padma

i know the energy changes when a woman is menstruating but does it affect the energy of the cards if she uses them being in that state ? if yes, is it recommended to not use the cards during that time ? do people really follow this practice? i would like to hear from them too ,if there are any !!

thank you for your inputs

p.s. i am sorry if this board is wrong to post in this kind of question but i didn't quite know where exactly to post it so i did it here !!!!

I never noticed doing cards during my menses changing anything at all. Some people might become more sensitive at that time, I suppose...I guess it is entirely personal. Other than that, I cannot see it having a bearing on anything...it is, after all, just a small monthly loss of excess bodily fluid. I don't think the cards care ;)

jema

I think that with more severe bleeding and pain it is hard to focus on the cards for too long. On the other hand that is the time when I like to curl up in the sofa with a cup of tea and a hot water bottle and a deck of cards, just to distract myself. But then I am not a professional reader.
There are a few different views on women and their periods and I don't really believe any of them myself. The patriarch view is that of old religion - they think women are unclean during thier period and are not allowed to do much of anything.
The other one is the more feminist one that it is a time of great power.
For me it is just great pain and quite bothersome.

astronautica

I found a really good spread in the Tarot Spreads forum by a user called DeLani who suggested that menstruation is a more introspective time, for a woman to connect with herself. It's quite a lovely spread, and I use it sometimes :)

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10244

Sometimes I find that I don't have the concentration to manage longer, more complicated spreads but I do like the idea of it being a time for introspection and looking within - a good way to nourish my spiritual self and find some peace when my mind may be feeling addled by hormones! :)

nisaba

As far as I know, none of my decks menstruate <grin>.

When I do, it makes no difference, no more difference than having a slight cold.

I habitually use raspberry leaf tea at such times, for discomfort, mood-swings and the amount of flow, and I find it far better than allopathic medications or evening primrose oil. I have barely noticed my periods since starting to use the stuff in the middle eighties.

Alta

I am past that era now, but I do not recall being in menses ever affecting my ability to read. Mind you, I did not have the painful ones that many women have to live with. I am quite sure that it didn't affect the energy of the cards.

SilverSquirrel

In his book The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle proposes the menses as a time when what he calls "The Pain Body" (our emotional "shadow" of ego-based negativity) being particularly strong in women, and this is an opportunity to tune into it as a portal to higher consciousness at that time. If you get with that, in theory your readings could be better. Though I'd personally down the 'ol codeine.

ilweran

Personally I've noticed that in the run up to my period I'm less intuitive and creative. I started writing again towards the end of last year and found that in that week I couldn't write anything. I think it's a combination of pain/discomfort and being over-sensitive - seriously I've been known to burst into tears over the thought of a stuffed toy being left alone on a shelf!

vee

It effects my energy--completely depletes me! The week before I'm a complete mess and then the first few days of menstruation I am completely exhausted and in pain. So I don't read as much. ;)

Bhavana

It effects my energy--completely depletes me! The week before I'm a complete mess and then the first few days of menstruation I am completely exhausted and in pain. So I don't read as much. ;)

this was not the case when I was younger, but it is now. I am also very clumsy the week before- heard it was due to hormonal shifts. But mentally, other than being annoyed and cranky, I don't feel any difference.

Nisaba, raspberry leaf tea?? Where can I buy me some of that? Think they have it at Whole Foods?