does menstruation affect the energy of the cards ?

Glass Owl

this was not the case when I was younger, but it is now. I am also very clumsy the week before- heard it was due to hormonal shifts. But mentally, other than being annoyed and cranky, I don't feel any difference.

Nisaba, raspberry leaf tea?? Where can I buy me some of that? Think they have it at Whole Foods?
Yes, I think they have it. This is the one that I've seen:

http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/RaspberryLeaf

Now that I think about it, I haven't had it in a long time. (I drank a lot of it while I was pregnant.) I suppose I should pick some up since it seems that I have been getting more and more headaches and cranky due to hormonal shifts as I've gotten older. I often find myself not in the mood to read when I'm premenstrual due to the headaches.

Ceste

I don't think it affects the energy of the cards at all. It does affect how you read the cards based on how you are feeling. So it really is an individual thing and could change from month to month.

Argenta

The only major difference I notice is that I around this time of the month I become more inclined to decks that are mentally calming, not provocative. For example, although I prefer TdM the rest of the month, I become inclined to decks with pretty pictures while pms-ing or bleeding :)

So, I don't think it influences the cards in any way, but it might influence the reader, depending on how you handle your period.

PS: The thing that's helped me immensely was switching to mestrual cup instead of pads. It reduced the flow and the duration, and made me more aware of and connected to my body.

vee

this was not the case when I was younger, but it is now.

It changed for me after the birth of my son. I used to think PMS was greatly exaggerated or a myth or something. :laugh: Oh, youth.

Bhavana

It changed for me after the birth of my son. I used to think PMS was greatly exaggerated or a myth or something. :laugh: Oh, youth.

Yes, me too - I would laugh at my friends who had to spend 3 days in bed every month, while I barely even noticed mine - other than the occasional bout of over-emotional feelings the week before. Now I suffer like the damned. Starting to wonder if maybe it's pre-menopause. But I don't want to find out - somehow hearing it from a doctor or seeing it in writing is not something I am ready for.

safari

thank you so much everyone for all your inputs . i am a newbie and was apprehensive of dealing with cards during this time because i thought it might affect the energy of the cards and in turn the readings so thought of asking lovely people over here on this board. i can relate to everything that you have mentioned about PMS and other implications as i have also gone from periods of low intensity to higher ones and sometimes it is quite overwhelming.

thank you everyone once again for chiming in and providing your inputs ... have a lovely weekend ahead :)

Chronata

It doesn't change the energy of the cards, but it changes my energy for sure.

For the first day of the cycle...I am super hyper sensitive and more open and psychic then normal. It's like I don't even have to think about it.

But I am also more irritable, and in pain too...so I guess it's a trade off.

Ashtaroot

It doesn't change the energy of the cards, but it changes my energy for sure.

For the first day of the cycle...I am super hyper sensitive and more open and psychic then normal. It's like I don't even have to think about it.

But I am also more irritable, and in pain too...so I guess it's a trade off.

Same with me, def way more sensitive and much more psychic than normal and if I can muster a reading through the agonizing pain ....... You better watch out for an avalanche of visions and downloads;)

wildchilde

I agree with all those who have stated that it does not change the energy of the cards, but it does change my energy with the cards. usually the day before and the first one or two days of menses, I cannot make clear sense of the cards and get easily confused about meanings and can drive myself nuts trying to figure it all out...especially if it is a question very personal to me. However, after that, I do get to that level of deeper understanding and introspection by the third day. I have pretty much learned not to pick up the cards in that short time frame of confusion and frustration.

hmmm...thanks for the tip about the raspberry tea. I have been using EPO for the past year as I can get pretty emotional otherwise since I turned 40, and think I would like to try this tea!