Help needed: Which publication of Thoth?

Kiama

My boyf is considering buying me the Thoth deck for Xmas, but I want the one without the green tinge to it. Which publishing company has the green tinge AG Muller, or US Games? The one we found was AG Muller...

Thanks

Kiama

AmounrA

I would go with U.S games version. They don't have the 'green'.

jmd

Neither does the AG Muller...

I thought the green tinged one was the older US Games edition!?!

Can someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

AmounrA

I use a U.S games thoth deck, the colours are fine.

EveAnna

No jmd,

I think you're right, my Thoth deck is the large size US Games edition printed in the mid-80's (bought second hand for a very good price only a few days ago) and has the green tinge to it. The deck has been re-printed now with brighter colours - I don't like the bright colours on the AG Muller or the new US Games version so my washed out green-tinged Thoth suits me :)

Kiama

Thankyou so much!

Kiama

purplelady

I'm Still confused which is which, but I think I've figured it out! There is a Large "Swiss" version , I believe by AGMuller that has the better colors. I don't know ISBN number. At Amazon.com , there are a lot of reviews that tell you this version has the best colors BUT I could not figure out if I could actually order this version or which version I'd be ordering! Well , I ended up going to a regular bookstore and buying the U.S. games large version in a big green box , ISBN number o-913866-15-6. The deck is Quite big, very slick , and I would say greenish tinged/ not the greatest color. But , oh well , it's the one I got and I love it anyhow!!! THEn according to another review I read , the Smaller (regular) size U.S. games edition , same exact green box as large green box edition , the cards are colored much nicer AND the small deck has 3 magician cards. Do not know whether it has universal hexagram . My large deck does have it. good luck!

Jewel

I now have both the normal sized US Games version (with the 3 Magicians - no universal hexagram) and the AGMuller large version, which has one Magician and the universal hexagram. The colors on both are great! hope this helps.

Love & Light,

divinerguy

I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday, and bought the standard sized US Games deck (colors ok). They also had the over sized deck, which does have the funny green border color. You can see the difference when you hold both boxes side by side. If you stay with the standard size, you'll be fine. The over size deck is pretty clumsy to work with anyway.

Brightest blessings,

Gary