Whimsical deck

catlin

Hi,

I am thinking about getting this deck for my collection, partly for collector's reasons, partly because I want a deck which I can use for "tender" souls, especially children (the other decks like the Bambini tarot, etc. do not appeal to me).

Any comments about it?

Lil-Angel

I purchased this deck a month ago (for myself and for the same reasons as you), I love them. I have a son who will be 11 next week who is dying to learn how to read cards (he wants to be able to do his own card of the day that I have been doing for him for the last few months). This is the deck that I chose to use with him and he is catching on quickly. I would definately recommend this deck. Not only is it beautiful but it does work much better (in my eyes) for children to read and to have read for them (so they are not reacting to some of the more graphic pictures on the other decks).

Lil-Angel

fairyhedgehog

I bought this deck a few weeks ago and I have fallen completely in love with it.

It is a delightful deck and as you say, it is suitable for impressionable people. Cards such as the Devil, Death, the Tower, the Ten of Swords, are far less scary than in any other deck. But it also connects very deeply with me, because of the fairy tale element.

If you've had a look at the pictures and you like them, then I would say, 'Go for it' :)

All the best,

FH

raeanne

I love the Whimsical Tarot! I would recommend a good book of Folktales from Around the World to go with it. There are a lot of meanings in some of these stories. The deck is a lot of fun but it also has a surprising depth to it if you want to get into the stories.

Solandia

There are two reviews on the Whimsical Tarot on Aeclectic Tarot...

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/whimsical/review.html

~ Solandia

catlin

Hi friends,

Thanks for your postings! I' ve already put the deck on my wish list (gosh, it is growing longer and longer!). Guess I will like it as much as you do!