holy moly man! The Magus

pseudonim

this is a rumination of the Magus in isolation and with zeal (i have nobody to talk to about this kind of "stuff" and ive been working tirelessly for days on end with these systems and cards and im in luuuve)...

ok, so based on sequential spreads aka ootk or the supertarot system, the magus is amazing. here's why...

the objects hes juggling.

based on the elemental balance of the sequence as well as dignities determine which object his focus of juggle is.

say the elemental balance is predominantly air (swords) and the ED of a card are intensely fire oriented (wands) AND the card in question is a random (disk) earth card...

the magus is juggling those items, and that is his focus for the moment.

but it goes deeper...

there are more than just the 4 suits in his juggling repertoire, he also has an 1. arrow 2. fire 3. scroll 4. winged egg.

all these objects are combinations of the main 4 elements and their elemental representatives (4 suits)

example: the winged egg represents extrasensory perception. this is easily a combination of the air and water elements. the intellect (air) augmented by (water) a higher emotional state (gurdjieff's higher emotional state, not emotional like a drunk) easily grants extrasensory perception.

well i hope you read it all and liked it, lets discuss shall we?

thanks for your time,

pseudo

Always Wondering

(i have nobody to talk to about this kind of "stuff" and ive been working tirelessly for days on end with these systems and cards and im in luuuve)...

You're catching on fast.

there are more than just the 4 suits in his juggling repertoire, he also has an 1. arrow 2. fire 3. scroll 4. winged egg.

Reminds me of Mercury. Kind of a whole package wrapped up in one. And the Qabalistic correspondence is Beth, which means house, so there is the package or wrapping.

Crowlely says Mercury is the bearer of the Wand. Energy sent forth. The messenger of the gods. He calls Mercury iridesant, the fluid essence of life. He represents the Word, or Logos. A kind of understanding that all energy, all life, is sexual energy.

This always reminds me of sperm swimming, flashing with the pure essence of life, like silver fish, in a stream that Crowley says is continious creation.

AW

Aeon418

I started to write a post but thought better of it and deleted. I don't want to tempt fate at the moment.

Mercury retrograde?! The Magus has had more than his fair share of jokes at my expense today. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Always Wondering

I started to write a post but thought better of it and deleted. I don't want to tempt fate at the moment.

Mercury retrograde?! The Magus has had more than his fair share of jokes at my expense today. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

Oh, it must be bad if you are feeling superstitious. ;)

This is actually the perfect Mercury in detriment post. :laugh: And you with Sag rising.

Darn trickster.

AW

Aeon418

Darn trickster.
I've had my fill of it today. Travel delays, silly miscommunications, mail mix ups, nearly got run over by a bus, brain fade episode in a Post Office, and an embarrassing faux pas with an androgynous woman. :|

ravenest

ermmmm .... back to the first post;

this is a rumination of the Magus in isolation and with zeal (i have nobody to talk to about this kind of "stuff" and ive been working tirelessly for days on end with these systems and cards and im in luuuve)...

ok, so based on sequential spreads aka ootk or the supertarot system, the magus is amazing. here's why...

the objects hes juggling.

based on the elemental balance of the sequence as well as dignities determine which object his focus of juggle is.

say the elemental balance is predominantly air (swords) and the ED of a card are intensely fire oriented (wands) AND the card in question is a random (disk) earth card...

the magus is juggling those items, and that is his focus for the moment.

but it goes deeper...

Yes, also representive of elements in their manifesting heirarchy (although slightly varient from that order above) 2. The inspiration (coming from spirit 'element'), 1. The 'magicians' application and direction of that inspiration, 3. 'The Book' the modification and regulation of the inspiration (I see the book as those systems or parameters that allow or help develop the original inspiration - an idea for a new machine that runs on electricity should follow sound principles already established about the use of electricity) and 4. the birth of the new concept or inspiration.
all these objects are combinations of the main 4 elements and their elemental representatives (4 suits)

example: the winged egg represents extrasensory perception. this is easily a combination of the air and water elements. the intellect (air) augmented by (water) a higher emotional state (gurdjieff's higher emotional state, not emotional like a drunk) easily grants extrasensory perception.

well i hope you read it all and liked it, lets discuss shall we?

thanks for your time,

pseudo

They also remind me of other things on the magicians 'table' , 'in themselves'. I had my 4 elemental tools including the wand but also, the pot of fire, the scroll, or book ... hmmmm did I have something like an arrow? The egg was there, not winged, but a feather was present.

Now I am thinking that this magician has a specific message for one about to embark on a full ritual of ... say, Goetic magick. Yeah, you better be prepared to juggle all those things. I could add; a blazing fire (to replicate the heat of summer), a collection of heat softened candles that wont stand up on their own, crowds of mosquitoes, the tripod, triange, chain, box of torment, all the temple furniture, unexpected visitors, a girlfriend who chose this particular week to need extra attention, a flaming veil and a thunderstorm ... the magician juggling all that. ... (and then Mercury goes retro, so instantly switch the direction of the juggle )
But really, I think the big lesson of the magician juggling is that he is not concentrating or controlling the trajectory of all those things at once, its just the things that pass through his hands, the forces of nature and the intrinsic qualities of the objects themselves determine their trajectories ... plus the little toss the magician gives them, he leaves the rest up to the forces of the universe that he understands and can utalise. Eventually he will use candles that dont melt by themselves (or do his rite not in the heatwave) he will not place the fire too near the veil :)rolleyes: :laugh:) and so on. Then the rite (or indeed his life) will start to reemble that gracefull juggling magician - instead of a scene from The Three Stooges.

Always Wondering

I've had my fill of it today. Travel delays, silly miscommunications, mail mix ups, nearly got run over by a bus, brain fade episode in a Post Office,

It's amazing that all these fall under Mercury's domain in my Golden Dawn book. Glad the bus missed.

and an embarrassing faux pas with an androgynous woman. :|

Oh where is Ravenest with his special powers when I need him. :laugh:

AW

pseudonim

I think the big lesson of the magician juggling is that he is not concentrating or controlling the trajectory of all those things at once, its just the things that pass through his hands, the forces of nature and the intrinsic qualities of the objects themselves determine their trajectories ... plus the little toss the magician gives them, he leaves the rest up to the forces of the universe that he understands and can utalise.

this shed new light on what i was wondering about, so thank you.

ravenest

Oh where is Ravenest with his special powers when I need him. :laugh:

AW

Pooof! Someone rubbed my lamp?
Sorry, I'd need more info from the source. Last time I chanelled - the whereabouts (as people were saying the same thing about Aeon418, ie. where is he when we need him?) of A418 - I 'saw' he was on hlolidays in Ibeza, in a night club, dancing up on the DJ's mixing desk wearing a tank top with the eye of Horus and the words underneath; "I am Aeon 418." (Thats how I knew it was him).

In retrospect this channeling could have been slightly infused by certain baser levels of my own conciousness ... so I am hesitant to offer any information about A418 doings as via the akhisic record. ;) - And dont you dare (Aeon 418) post back and go "My God! He was right!"

Instead I could offer one of my own 'embarrassing faux pas with an androgynous woman'.

People sometimes comment that my outward appearence and dress seems at odds with my radical / magical nature. So, there I am, looking the way I do, on the line to get into the sweat lodge. A head is the 'androgynous woman' looking VERY much on the outer as an expression of her inner. Its a festival, its a mixed sweat lodge, some are naked some in various degrees of 'dress'. I'm getting a wierd look 'Whats that straight guy doing here?" (Ummm, I'm actually one of the people who put the festival on and built this swaet lodge - but anyway...) . Androgenous woman is 'dressed' a bit, tatts, feathers, piercings, bones, etc. two people leave the line, now I am right behind her, she turns and looks at me, raises her eyes, me; "Good morning." She turns back. Now we have to go through the low entrance, crawling is required. She is in front of me, crawling ... no problem, I'm used to stuff like that. Inside it is dark. Some people are having a new experience, some unsure. I notice Androgenous woman has picked up one of those large flat tarantular like spiders that like to live under these flat rocks by the river. Maybe on the way in crawling? Its on her shoulder. Ohh, what to do. Do I ignore it. I've done that before and copped abuse ("You just watched the spider crawl up my back!???"). I could say, "There's a spider on you." But that could cause a panick for some in the darkened space, and upset the sweat vibe, which was edgey enough as it was. So what do I do? I go up to her and calmly brush the spider off. She jumps and gives me a heavy look "What the f*ck do you think your doing?"
"There was a spider on your shoulder ... oh its still there ... " brush ... flick ...
"It's a tattoo you fu**ing idiot." She moves away from the 'pervert'.

Oh dear, oh dear. Cant remember if it mas Mercury Rx though. Prob. it happens so often enough that it should not cause a problem (depending on what else is going on up 'there' ;) )

Sorry pseudonim, I DO whish people would stick to the topic :laugh:

But hey ... watch a juggler for a while (if you are not one), its very interesting. A magician understands the forces of nature and uses them. a spinning top doesnt need to be constantly rotated ... only when its momentum slows to the point that it might fall over. I think its an important lesson for the magician, or anyone trying to cope with a busy life. Otherwise there is SOOO much to do and eventually it all starts wobbling at once. in a way I guess its the way ... of Dao ?

Always Wondering

Pooof! Someone rubbed my lamp?
Sorry, I'd need more info from the source. Last time I chanelled - the whereabouts (as people were saying the same thing about Aeon418, ie. where is he when we need him?) of A418 - I 'saw' he was on hlolidays in Ibeza, in a night club, dancing up on the DJ's mixing desk wearing a tank top with the eye of Horus and the words underneath; "I am Aeon 418." (Thats how I knew it was him).

In retrospect this channeling could have been slightly infused by certain baser levels of my own conciousness ... so I am hesitant to offer any information about A418 doings as via the akhisic record. ;) - And dont you dare (Aeon 418) post back and go "My God! He was right!"

:laugh: I couldn't have done better than that.

Instead I could offer one of my own 'embarrassing faux pas with an androgynous woman'.

Roflmao.

I would say it was very on topic, doing your magician sweet lodge thing when the trickster rears it head.

AW