Lenormand/Titania Draws

hilde430

Hi everyone,

Well, I made a decision about the Lenormand draws. I have posted one every 2 weeks and in my opinion I get not enough participation from you. Only a few people reply and that is not enough to really get a conversation going.

So, I decided to call it quits. I am an active member at another cartomancy forum, so if anyone is interested in continuing these kind of exercises, please send me a pm so I can send you the link to another forum.

Thank you to all of you who have participated every time. It was a pleasure, really.

Take care everyone !

Hilde

purple_scorp

hilde430 said:
Hi everyone,

Well, I made a decision about the Lenormand draws. I have posted one every 2 weeks and in my opinion I get not enough participation from you. Only a few people reply and that is not enough to really get a conversation going.

Hi Hilde,

That's sad :(.

I've been at ATF for over a year and in that time I have not come across many other members that have either Lenormand or Titania's Fortune Cards/Decks.

So I think the people that replied to your threads, are the only people here that have the decks. In terms of participation by numbers, I don't know that you can really expect more than what you got. In terms of participation by content, I'm confused as to what you were expecting. I thought you wanted our interpretations and that's what I believe you got. Perhaps I misinterpreted your intent???

Personally, I've never been preoccupied with the number of participants. It is more important to me that those that did participate shared their own experiences, learnt something from it, and had some fun.

To help increase its popularity, last week I submitted an ATF review on Titania's Fortune Cards. Hopefully once this is published, other members will become more familiar with these decks and purchase their own copies.

purple_scorp

WolfyJames

The cartomancy forum Hilde mentions is [removed by moderator], entirely consacrated to the study of LeNormand decks (petite and grand jeu), cartomancy, many gypsy decks like Gypsy Witch, Zigeuner Wahrsagekarten and sibillas. I belong to this forum myself.

purple_scorp

Hey Wolfy,

thanks for the link. I went and had a quick peek. The following note (which is posted on the home page of that forum) might actually explain why Hilde was disappointed in the discussion here:

Note: This is a very active community. We require all registerants to participate in postings and practicing their decks. If your interests are simply to read other people's posts, then we suggest you seek another forum.

I think that is a slightly different philosophy to that of the Aeclectic Tarot Forum.

purple_scorp

WolfyJames

Actually, I think Hilde got bored on Oracle Grove and came here for more action. We are a small group, 14 members in all, and some haven't participated in a while. One of the members, and moderator, has been having constant troubles with her computer, and has seen stricked by illness lately, so the exercises don't get going as they should be. I know getting registered to Oracle Grove is a bit difficult, and might put off some, but it's a great community and we're dedicated. It's worth going through the questionnaire. At least we know people who register aren't there to plug their websites or to ask for free readings.

katie_here

I quite sad at this news

I am fairly new to tarot and fortune cards, but am really keen to learn. I read a few threads and liked the sound of Madame Endora's cards which I believe are based on LeNormand, so I bought myself a deck of Md Endora and was quite looking forward to participating.

Its a shame that the thread cannot be continued for the sake of the few that are interested and cancelled for the majority that aren't.

Where would minority sports be if we only ever followed football!.

I just hope that some people will be kind enough to help with interpretations and discussions in future.

WolfyJames

katie_here said:
I am fairly new to tarot and fortune cards, but am really keen to learn. I read a few threads and liked the sound of Madame Endora's cards which I believe are based on LeNormand, so I bought myself a deck of Md Endora and was quite looking forward to participating.

Its a shame that the thread cannot be continued for the sake of the few that are interested and cancelled for the majority that aren't.

Where would minority sports be if we only ever followed football!.

I just hope that some people will be kind enough to help with interpretations and discussions in future.

Madame Endora's Fortune Cards deck is not based on LeNormand. This deck is an oracle among thousands of oracles out there that aren't based on LeNormand. There is already a study group for the Madame Endora's Fortune Cards that you can see here.

As for this forum, it's a tarot forum. We're here to discuss about tarot. The oracles forum are a plus to this place. Hilde is a simple member and she did this voluntuary from her free time. It was kind of her to instill curiosity and some study on Petit LeNormand here, she had no such obligation.

Moonbow

Well, I guess if there are a few of us still interested there is no reason why we can't continue..... is there?

How about we take turns - maybe weekly? Draw a 3 card draw and each post our own ideas?

What say you?

If anyone is interested (and I think we would need at least three of us to be able to bounce ideas and interpretations off) how about we do a new post each Monday?

purple_scorp

Hi Moonbow,

I'm in. :)

purple_scorp

tarotlova

I would like to second that Moonbow, I have Titanias Fortune Cards. Tarotlova