Nigel Jackson

faunabay

OK, so I broke down and bought it! :) It's strange how one day a deck doesn't do anything for you and a while later you want it.

I never really liked this deck before but it was always poking at me. I was always looking at it, but would say no to buying it.
Yesterday though, I was flipping through it again, for about the hundredth time and decided to ask it what kind of relationship we'd have if I bought it......got the 3 of cups! I figured I could always have more friends so bought it this time.

My question though is why do all the kings and queens face to the right? What's up with that? Is it done for any specific reason? Or just done that way because he wanted to?

Actually the only cards I seem to have a problem with right off the bat are the court cards. My first impression is there isn't much difference between them - other than backgrounds. The figures all have the same bored facial expressions all facing the same way. I don't know, maybe as I get used to them that'll change.

But I love all the other cards. The means jump right out at me and I haven't even had a chance to read the Big LWB yet.

Jewel

Hi Faunabay,

I also have this deck, but at unfortunately have not had any time to work with it as I am deep into some studying and using my Robin Wood deck. What I can tell you though in respect to the court cards all facing the same direction and such is that I have a couple of decks where the court cards (although not all facing the same direction) are identical in everything but coloring from suit to suit. All I can say to this is apply what you know based on other decks and I think that if you like the deck overall this will not bother you so much. Perhaps the book that comes with the deck says something, but I do not know as I have not read through it ... so many decks so little time ~giggles~.

Love & Light,

truthsayer

i hated this deck in the beginning. it just creeped me out but for some reason it grew on me. when i saw it at a store or it was mentioned here, something tickled the back of my mind. about 2 monthes ago, I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!!!! now i love it. i played with it for a while bit did my first reading this week. it was amazingly accurate. it reached depths i haven't touched with other cards. don't ask me how, i don't know! it's like old nigel put an enchantment on me! :D

faunabay

truth -
that's exactly the way it was with me! There was something poking at me too, but whenever I looked at the cards my reaction was...eeewwwww !! Then like I said before, the other day something changed. I believe Nigel definitely put something in the cards that took awhile but finally got me also.

I haven't even read the little booklet yet. I brought the cards home and immediately got wonderful readings - could see meanings right away. Very Strange!!!!

Jewel

I know what you guys mean about the enchantment thing. The way I found the deck was on the Llewellyn 2000 calendar *LOL*. And everytime I flipped to a month that had a Nigel Jackson card I went "ooooooohhhhh aaaahhhhhh" then I would go look at pics on web sites and go "blah" then "oooooohhhhh ahhhhhh" till finally I just broke down and bought the darn thing *LOL*. It MADE me do it ~giggles~. Unlike you guys though I have not done any readings with it yet, but I am really glad I have the deck. I am trying to get better at managing my "Tarot time" so that I can really learn more about my decks ... but I just keep getting really cought up in academic Tarot pursuits that drive me to work with "this" deck or "that" deck.

I guess I trying to refine my knowledge so that I can better understand all of my decks as I go through each one later. Once I am done with my current "study" project (78 Degrees of Wisdom and Mary Greer Books) I will be moving on to work on the Thoth deck and a couple of books on it that I have. In between I will be working on my B.O.T.A. Tarot and reading Paul Foster Case (which should help me with and compliment some of what I am learning and what I will be learning).

If I could only dedicate my life to the study of Tarot .... ~sigh~ .... how happy I would be *LOL*.

Love & Light,