Should I appeal this decision? PLS HELP

Leviosa

Hi all! It's been awhile but here I am. I had my heart set on transferring into my dream university. Received my rejection letter yesterday. It is possible for me to appeal this rejection with new information but given the competitiveness of this university, the odds are not in my favor. Well my disappointment/sadness has died down from yesterday so I pulled a few cards...

I pulled these cards w/ the awareness that I found someone who has helped others successfully overturn their rejections for this same university. However, this help will cost me a couple hundred dollars. I have hope that the appeal may work and this fee would be manageable but I would rather save myself the prolonged disappointment and additional $ loss if possible. Okay, here are the cards...

SHOULD I CONTINUE TO PURSUE THIS UNIVERSITY?

10 of Cups - upon drawing this, I made a sigh of relief(?) with the cups as emotional fulfillment this card may be telling me to follow my heart and go ahead with the appeal. however, the card also speaks of harmony and peace so it may, in opposition, be saying that I should relieve myself of the situation's stress and let it go. i'm more inclined to go with the first interpretation.

Page of Pentacles - the opportunity for manifestation. this university, being highly reputable and far more relevant to my career interests, would open up doors to many jobs which I wouldn't otherwise have at my current university. I believe I can still get a great job should I stay where I am, but it would be more strenuous and still, the opportunities would likely be lesser. also, many kids from well to do families attend this school so that may be another relation to the pentacles. overall, i believe this card is highlighting the idea that should I appeal, I may actually be successful in doing so. or maybe it is pointing towards financial aid i would receive? or just higher likelihood of financial success upon graduating from here

to play devil's advocate, it may also be saying that by not pursuing this uni any further, I will save lots of money by staying where I am.

5 of Pentacles - this is the card that doesn't seem to align with my perceived positivity of the first two cards so I sense this card holds the "answer" to my question. The success of my appeal is partially dependent upon how many spots the university has left which depends on how many of the accepted students take their offer and enroll. Therefore, it is nearly, if not wholly, impossible to gather a confident yes or no on whether my appeal will be successful.

So perhaps this is an advice card. Follow my heart (10 of Cups). Follow the potential material opportunities (Page of Pentacles). BUT stay aware that I may likely be disappointed again and my appeal may not be successful (5 of Pentacles).

final note: Overall, what do you all think? What do you believe the cards are saying? Pursue with the appeal or let it go?

Ace

I don't do quints, so I will not comment on that. BUT I see the 5 of pents as this is out of your hands. If you want to pursue it, do 10 of cups says you REALLY want this. Page of Pents--you could find other options if you want to look (or have to look!) So keep that in mind.

5 of pents is blocked--as I say it is out of your control to get in or not.

As you say, it depends on the number of spots they have left.

I think it says, try for it. BUT if you don't get in, there are more than one way to succeed and you should keep working at success--you will get there one way or another.

barb

headincloud

10C seems to be indicating your dream around study in the page but the 5P is either indicating loss of such or it's reflecting your current feeling of being left out in the cold so in response to you question 'should I pursue' I think it's dodgy, cut to the chase and ask what will be the outcome if you pursue.

arcange

The 5 P could also mean you need to unite and find support of other people who were rejected. Maybe get their advice on how to appeal.

Debra

Hi Leviosa.

No.

10 of Cups is your dream, your rainbow fantasy of the university you want to attend.

Page of Pentacles is you, the student.

5 of Pentacles. Pursuing entry will reinforce your feeling of being "impoverished" -- feeling left out from the wonderful institution you wish had accepted you.

If that 5 of Pents had been followed by a happy success card, or even the "wait and see" 7 of Pents, it might be worth throwing money at the appeal. However, the cards tell you here, what you believe and want, and your own status, and then....wah, wah, 5 of pents.

In discussing the "you" card, the Page of Pents, you write, " I believe I can still get a great job should I stay where I am, but it would be more strenuous and still, the opportunities would likely be lesser." Have you been hypnotized by the allure of your favorite University?

Leviosa

I don't do quints, so I will not comment on that. BUT I see the 5 of pents as this is out of your hands. If you want to pursue it, do 10 of cups says you REALLY want this. Page of Pents--you could find other options if you want to look (or have to look!) So keep that in mind.

5 of pents is blocked--as I say it is out of your control to get in or not.

As you say, it depends on the number of spots they have left.

I think it says, try for it. BUT if you don't get in, there are more than one way to succeed and you should keep working at success--you will get there one way or another.

barb

I agree with all that you've said here. I feel the block on the 5 of Pents as well. If I don't appeal, then I will never know so...

Leviosa

10C seems to be indicating your dream around study in the page but the 5P is either indicating loss of such or it's reflecting your current feeling of being left out in the cold so in response to you question 'should I pursue' I think it's dodgy, cut to the chase and ask what will be the outcome if you pursue.

headincloud,

I drew a single card, asking "what will be the outcome if i pursue?"

I got the 3 of Pentacles and I want to point out that when asking the question, I kept in mind that I would receive outside help in writing my appeal (as stated in OP).

Because of this, I felt this card was highlighting the concept of teamwork and collaboration. I was unsure if I should pay the $ for this extra help, but I think this card may be saying that if I do, my chances of a successful appeal are higher.

What do you think?

Leviosa

The 5 P could also mean you need to unite and find support of other people who were rejected. Maybe get their advice on how to appeal.

Thanks arcange, I have actually done so and the info I have gathered is rather ambiguous. However, I have continued to look into it and have been talking back and forth w/ some others.

Leviosa

Hi Leviosa.

No.

10 of Cups is your dream, your rainbow fantasy of the university you want to attend.

Page of Pentacles is you, the student.

5 of Pentacles. Pursuing entry will reinforce your feeling of being "impoverished" -- feeling left out from the wonderful institution you wish had accepted you.

If that 5 of Pents had been followed by a happy success card, or even the "wait and see" 7 of Pents, it might be worth throwing money at the appeal. However, the cards tell you here, what you believe and want, and your own status, and then....wah, wah, 5 of pents.

In discussing the "you" card, the Page of Pents, you write, " I believe I can still get a great job should I stay where I am, but it would be more strenuous and still, the opportunities would likely be lesser." Have you been hypnotized by the allure of your favorite University?

I understand what you mean, but hypnotized, no. It's just that the university I was denied from has far more resources and funds in the career fields I am interested in. Perhaps I worded it carelessly. When talking about one university versus the other without taking into account my own efforts, the one I have been rejected from is surely the better option.

Besides that, you say no. Do not pursue any further. I took the advice of headincloud and drew a single card with a more straightforward question.

What will be the outcome if I pursue this university?

3 of Pents - I have shared my thoughts on this in my response to headincloud

I'd like to know, what do you think?

Leviosa

To everyone else who wishes to add their input...

What do you think of my revised question and answer?

Should I continue to pursue?

3 of Pentacles