Significance of the Tetragrammaton in the Majors

Zephyros

Is there a certain "connection" between all the Majors that form the Tetragrammaton, as symbolized perhaps in the Courts? This would come to the sequence Hermit, Star, Hierophant, Star. I can sort of see it, the Hermit being th first initiatory step, knowledge of the Star, then the dogma of the Hierophant and then the "purer" Star. But maybe I`m off-track?

Wee_Gypsy

Is there a certain "connection" between all the Majors that form the Tetragrammaton, as symbolized perhaps in the Courts? This would come to the sequence Hermit, Star, Hierophant, Star. I can sort of see it, the Hermit being th first initiatory step, knowledge of the Star, then the dogma of the Hierophant and then the "purer" Star. But maybe I`m off-track?

I am looking at my notes.......I am kind of a N00b...

Specific Elements-(this is what I think you are reffering to...)

Yod-attributed to 2-Chockmah (Wisdom) - Fire The Mage, masculine manifestation of Kether

Heh- is attributed to 3-Binah (Undertanding)-Water, the HP, feminine manifestation of Kether

Vau-6-Tiperaths (Beauity)-Air-The Lovers--1the union of the elements water and fire unite, masculine and feminine, becomes Tiperaths...hence the Lovers card, and air (alcemically fire and water make steam....the mairrage of the elements...)

Heh-Final-Malkuth-(Kingdom)-Earth-The Hermit...The Hermit is symbolic of the inituate whom chooses the path toward enligtenment on an earthly plane at Malkuth/Kingdom? Thats us trying to figure this out LOL

....maybe its the specific elements you are refering to? with Trumps/YHVH?

Thats on the Tetratramagom (YHVH) of course the Trumps are generally paths and the Sepiroths are the numbered pips and then theres the Royal Scale

Kings-Fire-Yod
Queens-Water-Heh
Princes-Air-Vau
Princesses-Earth-Heh (final)

Like King of pents is Fire of Earth ect...

Paths 1-10 the sepiroth
Path 11-32- the 22 trumps and 22 hebrew letters- and paths on the tree

-and they all have corresponding colors too...

and that is depending on the suit of the royal card itself
which also ties in with the Tetaratramagon---theres tons of attributes...I am still trying to get my head around them too, they all seem to tie into togther several ways...probably better if someone who knows about it more to answer you- I am not quite sure

Zephyros

Crowley says that in the courts, one see a "secret" as to the way the universe perpetuates itself; the King and Queen of Chochma and Binah consumate their union and become the one (or nothing) of Keter, and also produce the Prince of Tiphareth and the Princess of Malktuth. The Prince has some parts of what is beyond the Abyss, while the Princess is all Malkuth. The union of the Prince and the Princess continue this cycle (I'm simplifying). Now, I don't mean the elements but the attributions of letters to the cards. Yod is attributed to the Hermit, Heh to the Star (after the double loop), Vau to the Hierophant and Heh again for the star.

I used the courts as an example of that "rule of four" (sorry if I didn't explain myself well) and my question was whether something like that was present the Majors forming the Tetragrammaton.

Wee_Gypsy

Crowley says that in the courts, one see a "secret" as to the way the universe perpetuates itself; the King and Queen of Chochma and Binah consumate their union and become the one (or nothing) of Keter, and also produce the Prince of Tiphareth and the Princess of Yesod. The Prince has some parts of what is beyond the Abyss, while the Princess is all Malkuth. The union of the Prince and the Princess continue this cycle (I'm simplifying). Now, I don't mean the elements but the attributions of letters to the cards. Yod is attributed to the Hermit, Heh to the Star (after the double loop), Vau to the Hierophant and Heh again for the star.

I used the courts as an example of that "rule of four" (sorry if I didn't explain myself well) and my question was whether something like that was present the Majors forming the Tetragrammaton.

no its cool, plus I am new to qabbalah, the occult ect...

Is this in book of Thoth? So I can check it out....now I am wondering

Zephyros

The "fairytale" I got from Duquette, but it`s from the BoT, and the "rule of four" is a large part of Kabbalah; the four worlds are in a sense parts of the Tetragrammaton and this connects quite elegantly to the four courts, four suits, etc.

This also raises questions about the "double loop." If the Star is now Heh, what does that mean as to the construct of the Tetragrammaton?

Wee_Gypsy

maybe as Daalth would develop on the tree, to the student....that being the secret?-I will have to look this up in BoT though

Zephyros

maybe as Daalth would develop on the tree, to the student....that being the secret?-I will have to look this up in BoT though

By "secret" I meant "great truth"or something or other, Crowley can be so full of himself, using words like that: )

Wee_Gypsy

By "secret" I meant "great truth"or something or other, Crowley can be so full of himself, using words like that: )

LOL Crowley can be flameboyant at times :D -
-but he has good teachings too, or he meant finding ones True Will (the student) in magickal teachings and applying it to life through study, practice, experimenting ect...plus Crowley was very poetic in all his writtings too, regardless if they were poetry or not

Always Wondering

Page 203 in The Book of Thoth (Ace of Swords) sheds more light on YHVH and the switch for me. Also check out the footnote for the part the Emperor plays. There's some great stuff on the Emperor/Tzaddi/Fishhook scattered throughout the forum. I can't verbalize it very well yet. Something about the Emperor hooking the Hangman. I will take a look for it when I have more time. It would be nice to get in all in one place.

AW

Wee_Gypsy

Page 203 in The Book of Thoth (Ace of Swords) sheds more light on YHVH and the switch for me. Also check out the footnote for the part the Emperor plays. There's some great stuff on the Emperor/Tzaddi/Fishhook scattered throughout the forum. I can't verbalize it very well yet. Something about the Emperor hooking the Hangman. I will take a look for it when I have more time. It would be nice to get in all in one place.

AW
Thanks for that refference, Always Wondering, :)
Looking at that part of BoT right now...

Vau-6-Tiperaths (Beauity)-Air-The Lovers--1the union of the elements water and fire unite, masculine and feminine, becomes Tiperaths...hence the Lovers card, and air (alcemically fire and water make steam....the mairrage of the elements...)
(from above where I posted previosly)
-----
added --
Vau---on the note of the Ace of swords....root of air (the breath of life...as said in BoT, by Crowley....) The marriage of elements, masucline and feminine (fire and water) a birth takes place (of Air) symbolic of "the breath of life"...plus Vau kind of resembles a sword (root of air)....also the sword is the sword of the Magus. (of Light and Illumination)

We could say Vau is representive of by the shape, and symbolically---the pillar that holds man up (spiritually) and also-the Logos itself and interchagable with the Illumination the Magus has gained, and/or taught

-------------------------------
Also interesting in BoT (same page)
The Magickal manifestation of Sephoroth 2 Chokmah, Wisdom 2x11=the 22 Trump Keys of the Tarot