Speech in the Silence

Aeon418

For those who are interested here's a link to a new podcast series. I listened to them all a couple of days ago. They are ok-ish. But one bit stands out in my opinion. The "Living Thelema" segment by Dr David Shoemaker is well worth listening to. Starting in episode 2 onwards he covers Liber Resh, the LBRP, the Holy Guardian Angel, and the True Will. It's good stuff. :)

http://www.speechinthesilence.com/

Grigori

Thanks Aeon, I've been enjoying these. You can subscribe on iTunes also :)

Always Wondering

I listened to episode four on the HGA. Shoemaker's radio analogy was very helpful to me. Also I hadn't even asked for a name because I feared I would come doubt it like the guy who wrote in. Now I am encouraged to work through that doubt.

I do have a question though. Phyllis Seckler wrote of that first experience with her angel and the light moving up her spine as a first acquaintance and Karl Germer wrote back to her calling it K&C. :confused:

I listened to it a couple of times, it was a bit confusing, everyone having two names and all. Am I hearing it wrong? It seems like a large gap bewtween a name and K&C.

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
I do have a question though. Phyllis Seckler wrote of that first experience with her angel and the light moving up her spine as a first acquaintance and Karl Germer wrote back to her calling it K&C. :confused:
Is this the section you are refering to?
It was July 1, 1952, when my first acquaintance with the HGA occurred. I was raising my three children alone. Once they were in school, I was also in college, training to become an art teacher. I also had been typing Crowley manuscripts for Karl Germer so they would not become lost.

I was awakened by a kind, light up my spine. I could vaguely understand that instructions had been given to me for some time before my awakening. What I could remember of this was the name of the HGA and His instructions to enumerate this name with the aid of the Hebrew alphabet. Understanding this name took quite a few years; but the voice never really left me after this incident.
Notice how she says she was being instructed before her awakening experience. There's nothing special about that. The same is thing happening to you too, right now. In fact it's been going on throughout your entire life. ;) But the big difference here is that the instruction was beginning to break through into Phyllis Seckler's conscious awareness.

Until K&C occurs contact with the HGA comes primarily through subconscious intutions, dreams, and symbols. But after the awakening experience the communication becomes increasingly conscious. This is the "certainty not faith" soken of in Liber AL and the defining characteristic of K&C.

thorhammer

Always Wondering said:
I listened to it a couple of times, it was a bit confusing, everyone having two names and all. Am I hearing it wrong? It seems like a large gap bewtween a name and K&C.
I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking, but I know I was struck by the realisation some time ago that K&C begins (well, sort of, see Aeon's post above) when the HGA communicates its name to you and you are able then to sort of cement the relationship because you're aiming your adoration at a particular entity, not some catch-all stand-in (RHK, is that right?). Clearly, this works because that's how you get there, but once you get the fine-pointedness of the name you are able to build a personal relationship with the HGA.

Thanks for posting the link, Aeon. I'm interested and will download them soon :)

\m/ Kat

ravenest

The Name or Ren (I think it is in Egyptian) is considered v. important even to the extent where it is classified as 'Part of the Soul' or a significant constuct in the psychic anatomy. It is a source of great power and can even have a 'life of itself'. Even the name (and its analasis) can be a message of 'certainty'.

(Hi TH ...You're back? Hope you didnt spend time sleeping in an airport somewhere waiting for the ash to settle?)

Aeon418

thorhammer said:
I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking, but I know I was struck by the realisation some time ago that K&C begins (well, sort of, see Aeon's post above) when the HGA communicates its name to you and you are able then to sort of cement the relationship because you're aiming your adoration at a particular entity, not some catch-all stand-in (RHK, is that right?).
Maybe, maybe not. A lot of it depends on the person involved. I guess in a way it's a bit like going through puberty. Some people enter it earlier than others, and some people are late bloomers. But everyone goes through the same stage at one point or another. For some it's quick and painless. For others it's longer and more drawn out.

In Phyllis Seckler's case she was a kind of "late bloomer". Everything seemed to happen all at once for her. K&C, kundalini experiences, reception of a name. But some people receive a name(s) and experience kundalini phenomena long before K&C. It varies from person to person, but eventually the same ground gets covered by all.

Always Wondering

Oh, nice. All these posts on HGA.

Aeon418 said:
Is this the section you are referring to?

Exactly. How did you do that?

Aeon418 said:
Notice how she says she was being instructed before her awakening experience. There's nothing special about that. The same is thing happening to you too, right now. In fact it's been going on throughout your entire life. But the big difference here is that the instruction was beginning to break through into Phyllis Seckler's conscious awareness.

Until K&C occurs contact with the HGA comes primarily through subconscious intutions, dreams, and symbols. But after the awakening experience the communication becomes increasingly conscious. This is the "certainty not faith" soken of in Liber AL and the defining characteristic of K&C.

This clears so much up. And it makes perfect sense now. I was thinking of K&C mainly as one time event, with flaming pentagrams, John St. John style. :laugh:

Aeon418 said:
In Phyllis Seckler's case she was a kind of "late bloomer". Everything seemed to happen all at once for her. K&C, kundalini experiences, reception of a name. But some people receive a name(s) and experience kundalini phenomena long before K&C. It varies from person to person, but eventually the same ground gets covered by all.

I understood it was an individual thing, but I guess I didn't understand how individual. Thank-you.

ravenest said:
The Name or Ren (I think it is in Egyptian) is considered v. important even to the extent where it is classified as 'Part of the Soul' or a significant constuct in the psychic anatomy. It is a source of great power and can even have a 'life of itself'. Even the name (and its analasis) can be a message of 'certainty'.

I didn't realize this. I think I need to do some more reading.

Welcome home Kat. I hoped you liked America

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
Exactly. How did you do that?
I read your mind. :bugeyed:

No, I just took a wild guess that that was the section you were struggling with. You can find the actual letter I quoted from on the COT of Northern California's website. Just click on the Soror Meral link.
http://cotnorcal.org/COTNC/Welcome.html

A lot of Secker's writing is quite good, but it is coloured by her personality and views. Some have said conservative and authoritarian like an old English school head-mistress. ;)

Always Wondering

Ah, thanks. I did look for the letters so I could ask a more coherent question. They were right under my nose as that COT is only about three hours away from me.

It was nice to read a woman's perception of HGA, but I do see what you mean about the head mistress.

I have trouble tracking down various writing on HGA. I have been unable to find anything on ravenest's post as well reguarding the Name. Maybe I need to start picking through all the different organizations websites.

AW