Tarots Art Nouveau

DeLani

I know this is strange, but when I tried to "suggest a deck" to be reviewed, my computer told me I was not allowed to use this script!?
Anyway, on the Llewellyn site, they have a Tarot store, and one of the decks was the Tarots Art Nouveau (or Art Nouveau Tarot). This does not look the same as the one on this site, which looks like stained glass. I also think the people look a little too much like Ken & Barbie. Yuck.
But I am a huge fan of art nouveau and would love to see this deck. Does anyone else have it? Or know of a way to get images so it can be included on this site?
Thanks so much!

DeLani

OOOPS!
After posting this, I went back to the Llewellyn site and managed to get to the Lo Scarabeo site, where they had pictures of the cards. Well, the cards were so pretty -- but right there in the middle, the Strength card stood out. It showed a man beating a centaur down with a club. Yuck! I will not own a deck where the Strength card shows physical force, let alone violence. It's really too bad, because the other cards were so beautiful!
But we should still include the deck, so others can see it and judge for themselves.

rostie

at www.wicce.com/primaverapix.html there are also pictures of it. i also found it beautifull because i love art nouveau. i find it one of the most elegant styles.

rostie

lilmystic

Hi! I have this deck, and while I am eternally amazed at the curves, designs etc of the genre...it doesn't lend itself very well to this particular deck. the deck doesn't really click with me, and I think it might be because I am not sure what to do with all the ornateness of the deck; make no mistake, this one's a beaut.

Jewel

I have both of these decks in my collection. The Myers version (the Ken & Barbie Tarot as I refer to it) has real bright colors, and the Castelli version which I find much more elegant. Honestly I just keep them in my collection, but do not really work with them. It has been a while since I last looked through the Castelli deck so I do not remember the strength card, but that does certainly sound awful. On the positive side though I have to say the deck in general is beautiful and has been a great addition to my collection ... the Myers version may end up on the trade block in the future.

Love & Light,

Osher

There are infact 2 decks with similiar names. There is the Art Nouveau Tarot, which is beautiful and I have; and the Tarot Art Nouveau, which I didn't like. At Wicce's site there are pictures of both, which may help matters.