Tibetan Singing Bowls

gregory

If you weren't 'across the pond' I would sell it to you - cheap! I really have no use for it; it was given to me by my first partner ... who also once wanted to buy me a pet hedgehog ... :eek:

TB - if you can get it to ON without it costing me anything (I am very stingy) I will carry it back for danieluk in September !

Meanwhile - I personally recommend the street markets in Kathmandu... I have a LOVELY old metal one I bought there. (I tried a load of new, beautifully handmade ones but this was THE one for me - and the price was pretty good as I recall - about a tenner !!) Of course the travel will up the cost JUST a tad :)

The crowned one

TB - if you can get it to ON without it costing me anything (I am very stingy) I will carry it back for danieluk in September !

Meanwhile - I personally recommend the street markets in Kathmandu... I have a LOVELY old metal one I bought there. (I tried a load of new, beautifully handmade ones but this was THE one for me - and the price was pretty good as I recall - about a tenner !!) Of course the travel will up the cost JUST a tad :)

A TENNER? as in 10 dollars????? I paid about 200.00 lol

gregory

A TENNER? as in 10 dollars????? I paid about 200.00 lol

No - more than that. About ten POUNDS. (still under $20CDN, though }))

Bad luck. Maybe the travel costs would still leave it cheap then. :D Then again, that was in in 1998 or something. Inflation bites.

ravenest

I used to sell imports; bowls, bells, dorge, other similar impliments, tangka, etc from Nepal.

The importers would sell to me, I would add 100% markup.
e.g. Tingshaws (hand cymbals); my price (@ !00% mark up) A$12.50 ... shop;A$35 - $60.

The crowned one

Mine was made by a guy in Oregon USA by a talented metal smith. He was not from Nepal or japan, but he seemed to know his stuff. :)