When law of attraction/the secret/stones etc. doesn't work.

CelestialHorse

I had to lol at the universe isn't your biootch bit! XD (Maybe it's because I read it in a funny way in my mind).

Thanks guys for the feedback :) Yeah gratitude is the key yup and yeah crystals are just crystals. It's a good learning lesson yes, sure I wish I didn't buy money on A.H stuff but like I said it's a lesson.

I do believe being grateful is great because it makes you feel happier. I have noticed that when I wrote down what I am grateful for, things worked.

Thing is, like even my aunt and uncle said oh it works for them. I dunno, they're older than me maybe they have more experience and I don't have much stress, I don't know. and Im just young and naive :p

I guess everyone has a method that works for them. My dad does often tell me that maybe the universe is teaching me patience.

Maybe, I do try too hard, maybe I try to force things, maybe I do need to let things go and just know it may happen. Heck I'm hard on myself :/ I think it's partly due to OCD/anxiety but hey that's my own fault partly because I don't work on controlling it much as I could.

HOLMES

hmm

there are those who seem to win every time at bingo, and are very lucky, and people like me who doens't seem to win any big one though i hardly play.

of course they do things i don't ..
1. they don't miss numbers
2. they play way more cards
so in essence they have it down to an art so sort to speak.. which increaseses their odds slightly .
but still if they weret' meant to win they wouldnt' mean to win.

some things i have manifested
bringing internet to the other resere i used to live
getting myself a job at the time
living where i lived now as i saw it in dreams building up to this.
where i failed.
no britney spears for me. lol

in the cases though besides using magnetic/divine will techiques, for the internet i actively was looking for an way to bring it at the time..
and for the job my mom became chief and helped me become secetary.
where i lived now ,, i had to jump at the chance to move out of the other reserve when my mom lost the election and we were moving into my brother new place but he had a baby, and a woman so it was time for me to give him space and so i put my stuff in storage and moved to eagle where i lived now and waited for a chance.

i am reminded of course of the part in doreen virtue book where she was mad at the universe for not getting her way,, and that is what happens to me when i try to use it to set up some stuff and i know the energy isnt' there but i still try anyways. (when trying it out on small things)
that is called hitting your head against the wall, or the 7 of swords being reversed i guess.
it is the same with prayers,, sometimes the answer is no.

though right now , i been whacking my brain on what is it that i really want to manifest in my lfie ,, or attract, for sometimes we have to be careful for we get more then what we bargined for, or it isnt' how we pictured it, when reality strikes us across the face.

DownwardSpiral

Law of Attraction is anecdotal in all its evidence. Let one person come forward who has manifested something big like mortgage money, a car, or lotto win, not a bowl of soup and a new crystal.

Well, years ago I took my ex to court for more child support and unhappy with the outcome I told myself I needed to find another way to get more money. Three lottery plays later at 5 dollars a play I won 2055 dollars.(I didn't play the lottery) I really, really wanted to be with this guy in Chicago and now that I've been in Chicago for the last 11 years remind me this stuff really doesn't work. I thought it would be nice to have a DVD player but I didn't want to buy one so I sent ONE entry to a contest giving away two packages..a 42 inch plasma TV with a DVD player complete with surround sound and a check for 200 dollars. I got my DVD player. And a year ago I put it out to the Universe I really want to go back to CA and my financial situation was a major obstacle. I went from having to use my only two open accounts every month to not using my credit cards at all this year. Not only do I have available credit, I've paid down quite a bit of debt, raised my credit score 59 points, have a savings account, and just paid cash for a new computer.

OH and the house......back in CA when I lived in my last apt I thought about how nice it would be to buy a house...my neighbor mentioned he was buying a house and gave me his realitors number. I called the realitor and within two months I had my own townhome. No down payment.

I never read the Secret but I do believe in the Laws of Attraction.

CelestialHorse

WOW O_O; Lucky lucky and how did you do it and everything? I ask for things, and then again it doesn't come :( I mean yeah I guess it's normal to get doubtful of things after awhile. I mean why trust something if it doesn't seem to work as well as you expect it?

Anna

What if it's not the "universe" that is doing these things for you?
What if it's not about buying stones, burning special candles, reading certain books, etc.
What if the power you are trying to tap into could be found within you, and not out there in the universe?
What then?

BodhiSeed

What if it's not the "universe" that is doing these things for you?
What if it's not about buying stones, burning special candles, reading certain books, etc.
What if the power you are trying to tap into could be found within you, and not out there in the universe?
What then?

Words of wisdom...

CelestialHorse

That would make me feel better and not have as much pressure on me to be honest, but yeah I do like that better and everything! :) In the book Ask and it's Given it gives you all these rules to follow, blah blah, what to do everyday, I rather do it and you can do it with your own thoughts. It's just easier that way. Plus cheaper instead of buying those books >.> Heh I do have that Louise Hays book "The Power is in You".

I do know I need to get rid of that being hard on myself bit, so I do plan on going back to my depression/anxiety thread and read the advice cards gave me :).

Bhavana

I have tried the last couple of years or so working on law of attraction, using stones, and trying to be more positive and everything, yet, I do not get the bigger things I want and desire. I am grateful and everything, I am trying to be positive which I am and everything but nothing seems to be happening :/

Is there some trick? I am going to be honest, as of lately I think the whole law of attraction thing is just, two people trying to get money off people, and trying to get their hopes up. What's up with the true happy stories and everything? Really?

I bought crystals because apparently they bring good luck and money. Nothing happened yet. I bought them in August. I put stones on a check I made out to me, in my wallet, and everything.

Sorry I know this is a bit rant-y (I know it's not a word probably, sorry).

What DOES work? I'm sorry I just not believing in "good luck" or anything like new age-y anymore :/

I thought that Law of Attraction and Secret thing everyone was harping about a few years back was just a big scam. The yoga center I went to was all over it, and when I went for the center's Thursday night "spiritual gathering" one week, they showed us the Secret "movie" - and I thought it was like one big infomercial - kept waiting for them to say "and if you call and order RIGHT NOW, we'll throw in a free set of steak knives". I hate to say it, but yes, people do sell non-tangible ideas to make money. They do prey on the hopes - or hopelessness - of others.

I'm sorry that things are not working out for you the way you desire - but it's the truth that the vast majority of the time, money only comes from hard work. Sure, there are people who win the lottery, or inherit money - but they are few and far between, and with the lottery, it's just chance - and the odds are extremely against you. If all it took was carrying around the right stones, or following money spells, we'd all be a heck of a lot richer. Not trying to sound mean or condescending, but I think that is true. The typical advice is to be a good person, and good things will come to you - but I don't think that that is always true either - because bad things happen to good people all the time. If we were to believe the philosophy behind law of attraction, the secret, etc - it would be that these people deserve their bad luck. Does that mean the 10 year old little girl whose body was just found in a dumpster a few towns away from me DESERVED being murdered? Sorry, I just don't buy it. It's about chance more than anything else. Being in the wrong, or right place, at the right time.

I still think we should strive to be and do good - not because it is going to bring us reward - but because that is the RIGHT way to be. Maybe we won't be compensated for our behavior, but at least we will have the peace of mind of knowing that we try each day to make the world a better place, and not the other way around.

Briar Rose

I feel that the laws of attraction are always working for me.

I sense a lot of hesitation that it won't work for you, so you are going to get more of that. And then nothing is coming your way and your getting exactly what your asking.

Please try again, and start off with something small, like a cup of tea or coffee, and see what happens with that.

How about trying to ask for someone of guidance to come into your life? That might be a good one.

I watched the movie so much I can now recite it. I feel that if you look deeper into what it is trying to say, it's not so much about money. Although that is the main thing people think they want out of life.

And, you have to listen and pay attention to the clues and cues life is sending to you. Stay open. It does work.

All the best to you.

And those stones- those stones were just picked out of a river- river rocks. It was the intention that went along with sending them, and then what they were used for. You can process energy through any object.

And remember, you have to be in alignment with what you want/desire.

Intention/alignment/will are the keys to getting what you want. It's your totally vibration that is absorbed.

DownwardSpiral

And, you have to listen and pay attention to the clues and cues life is sending to you. Stay open. It does work.

I've been wanting to come back to this thread and say pretty much what Briar Rose says right here.

My opinion here.....I think alot of people think with the Law of Attraction all they have to do is ask the Universe for whatever it is they're asking for and then sit back and wait for it to show up. And then they're disappointed when that doesn't happen. Once you put it out to the Universe you really do have to stay open. And then you have to do your part as well. The Universe will open the doors/provide you with opportunities...but if you don't act on them there's a good chance you won't get what your asking for.

Take for example my townhome. To add to the story...I was given a thirty day notice to move from my previous apt. concerning an incident involving my daughter. I was nervous about living in my new apt. because of city laws and the city's right to evict. I thought about how nice it would be to own my own home....BUT it was just an idea. I wasn't out looking or even thinking about going out looking. Still I put that idea out to the Universe. Within a month or two I passed by one of my neighbors and he mentioned that he was buying a house. I didn't ask for his realitors number...he offered it to me and said I should call. I was nervous to call...I didn't have money for a down payment...how was I going to buy a house? I called him so we set up an appointment to meet and also meet with someone from the loan dept. The loan officer asked how much I wanted my monthly payments to be and then showed me two loan options...my choice which loan I wanted. My next day off the realitor picked me up and we went looking at condo's and townhomes. I chose a townhome and we made an offer. The offer was accepted and to put it in escrow I just needed to put up 1000 dollars. Just so happens I got 3 paychecks that month so there was the money I needed. I had a thirty day escrow but due to various delays it was closer to 45 days. Still less than two months after contacting the realitor I moved into my townhome.

Notice I didn't just sit back and wait for someone to hand me the keys. I had to do my part.

I also agree if you put it out that you will never this that or the other...than that is what you are asking for...that you will never.