You can't always get what you want

euripides

Sometimes you aren't supposed to know the answer.

Sometimes you ask the wrong question.

Sometimes the meaning isn't yet clear, even to the universe, because there are just too many volatile factors.

Sometimes you don't know (or are ignoring) the information you need to be able to understand the answer.

And sometimes you aren't listening because you don't like what the cards are saying.

From EmpyreanKnight: Sometimes you aren't sufficiently proficient or experienced.

(I feel like I should have written 'we' rather than 'you', since this is me, too.)

elena_jaymz

Hi euripides, I agree with you, sometimes we just go for one meaning and leave out the other possible ones, because we're into the situation too much.
For what concerns future position, yes, the prediction maybe is right, but we can't understand, because we're still in the "past" and don't have all the information yet. That's why to me probably it's better to ask just advice to our tarots or anyway ask them just about a near future that we're more likely to understand easily.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

Barleywine

The one-word solution to all of these is "clarifiers." Keep going until you get something you like or can deal with. They save you from having to think too deeply about the message buried in the original pull. If Douglas Adams had been a tarot reader, he would have said you need 42 of them to get it right.

The Adams Theory of Clarifiers:

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

Laurelle

The one-word solution to all of these is "clarifiers." Keep going until you get something you like or can deal with. They save you from having to think too deeply about the message buried in the original pull. If Douglas Adams had been a tarot reader, he would have said you need 42 of them to get it right.

I find great insight when I write down my own readings and think or meditate on them. The cards are rich with symbolism. We may not even recognize these symbols on a conscious level, until we study them. So I agree that clarifiers are mainly pulled because we are in a hurry to get the "does he love, or does he not?" answers.

It's like that game I would play as a kid. I would pick a flower and pull off the petals, "does he love me, pluck a petal, he doesn't love me, pluck a petal...." Of course if I got the "wrong" answer I would just pick another flower.....

gregory

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
Hm. I find clarifiers are about as clarifying as mud. I agree 100% with euripides.

Barleywine

Hm. I find clarifiers are about as clarifying as mud. I agree 100% with euripides.

Hmm and hmm. Somebody once said irony doesn't translate well into print. Guess they were right! ;)

Farzon

Sometimes you aren't supposed to know the answer.

Sometimes you ask the wrong question.

Sometimes the meaning isn't yet clear, even to the universe, because there are just too many volatile factors.

Sometimes you don't know (or are ignoring) the information you need to be able to understand the answer.

And sometimes you aren't listening because you don't like what the cards are saying.

I'd add "sometimes you ask the same question way too often". I have found myself guilty of this as well and it produces really, really nonsensical readings.

Yes! So true! Or, why not use the whole rest of the pack until the one card appears where you are able to say "that's it! I knew it!". [emoji48]

Deana86

I couldn't agree more with you. I'm only a beginner and I've already asked the tarots a few times regarding my ex. I even did a Celtic cross reading which took me hours to complete lol, but every card (which I have taken a pic of) seemed to be a somewhat good card. I have been reading cards as a way where my head wants me to think that he will come back to me in the future. Every card in some way felt like a card that was meant us as present, past and future.

But I think what the cards are trying to say is that he isnt my future, but there is someone who will be coming into my life (I may have already met him) who is going to love me unconditionally. I did get the card that said my wishes are yet to come true in my future, which is my ex coming back to my life, but even that card can be displaying a different result, a different meaning.

What I'm trying to get at is some times when we ask a certain question, our heads want the answers we are hoping for. It's only taken me now to realise this and I'm not longer going to ask the cards these types of questions. As you can see in the spread that I can easily take each card and make believe it's about me and my ex, but the cards could be showing me signs of something totally different.

I guess when you want something bad enough, you will think the cards are telling you what you want to see. I will begin my learning by only asking the cards for advice on certain areas. I wanted so badly for my ex to come back into my life, but to me, re reading the cards, I'm now getting an urge that it will be someone else coming into my life.

Happy new year all :)

cdd29ec439dc02fdce02e6cca18083cd.jpg