Does anyone have the Intuitive Tarot by Cilla Conway?

sharpchick

We should have a nice little group to study this deck. I'm patting my foot, waiting for mine. . .

I have a ritual I go through when I get a new deck - it takes a few hours. I often use the arrival of a new deck as incentive to complete another task before I can reward myself with opening the new deck. Before I do the new deck reading, I look at each card for a few seconds (in order), and note my impressions of the card in my journal (each deck has it's own journal,and yes, I already have one for this deck).

Then I do my new deck reading. Last, I take my journal notes and look at the LWB or companion book, and see how my impressions correspond with the author's intent of the deck.

Do any of you do something similar?

sharpchick

Got my deck yesterday. . . :thumbsup:

Ok, for those of you who have it. . . what's up with the Devil card? :confused:

Rosanne

Hi SharpChick- I don't know if you got the book as well as the deck?
The Devil is androgenous (I guess you noticed :D )Those are flies buzzing around its diabolical head. He is sitting on a green brain(morbid power). Unlike the Thoth or RWS this devil is about our shadow side, the awful things humans do and our self delusion. If we accept our bad side, we can see our responsiblity and change. Turn destructive power into creativity for example.
I think this is the most evil Diablo of most decks and it seems to me to be pushing out of the card into our lives; unlike the Fool who is inviting us into life for adventure- Thats my take anyway! Hope you are liking the deck!~Rosanne

sharpchick

I love it. . .and thanks for that explanation. . . goes back to thumbing through cards again. . .

aquestionmark

Trimmed Deck

I recently found a copy of this deck for a good price and when it arrived, I could see why.. The cards were printed quite crooked so I trimmed the borders and absolutely love the results.

Also, I now have a pocket size deck :)

Attachments

• trimmedintuitive.jpg
    trimmedintuitive.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 132

Brigid

Looks fantastic.
Love this deck, highly under rated in my opinion.
Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to hunt it down and have a play.

Beanfeasa

I recently found a copy of this deck for a good price and when it arrived, I could see why.. The cards were printed quite crooked so I trimmed the borders and absolutely love the results.

Oh wow, my deck is perfect, no crooked images anywhere, it does look good trimmed.....hmm

strings of life

Agreed, I love the deck without the borders as well; I have a trimmed copy just like you (done by AT member FLizarraga, who did an amazing job).

And Brigid is right, this deck is underrated and I'm surprised it's not that popular.

daphne

This deck looks very good cropped! You made me wish I had the time, skill and patience for such a job.

earthair

What on earth just happened to the price of this deck??? It was going for about £10 a few weeks ago :mad: