Does anyone have the Intuitive Tarot by Cilla Conway?

jackdaw*

You're right about that, darwinia ... it's amazon.ca I'll be going to as well!

(Odd how few places carry this deck - Chapters.ca doesn't, Tarot Garden and Alida don't either.)

As for me, I think it was Temperance and the Hermit that won me over. And I love the King of Disks, too.

sharpchick

I'll be ordering from eBay this Friday. Maybe after everyone gets their decks, we could have a study group. It would be interesting to participate in a group where everyone was new to the deck, and hearing everyone's first impressions. . .

darwinia

sharpchick said:
It would be interesting to participate in a group where everyone was new to the deck, and hearing everyone's first impressions. . .

In order to get free shipping from amazon.ca I had to tack them onto another order with a book that isn't released yet (Italian Frescoes: The Age of Giotto 1280-1400 by Joachim Poeschke), so I won't be getting mine for 5 weeks or more, but it sounds like a good idea.

Yikes, I hope I get Christmas money because I don't have $$ to pay for these.

But honestly, the art in this deck is magical.

[edited to add--only 3-4 weeks to go until shipping. I'm not entirely sure I like the court cards, but they will be different.]

MercyMe

I just purchased this deck yesterday and have already had some evocative readings. Cilla Conway's King of Swords is one of the very few K of S's I like. And I agree -- 4 of wands: gorgeous. Also: Temperance, Hermit, Star, and The MOON! Oh!

Some of the court cards are kind of flat, and some of the images in the other cards don't really speak to me (7 of wands?) but I've yet to find a deck where I absolutely love every card.

The Emporer's golden penis. Ahem. Reminds me of a sarcastic phrase a friend of mine uses about the position of her brother in her family of origin. She calls him, "The boy with the golden balls." Now, honestly, how are women readers especially supposed to look at that card and think, "fatherly protection" ?????

~Mercy

darwinia

MercyMe said:
Now, honestly, how are women readers especially supposed to look at that card and think, "fatherly protection" ?????

I was thinking King Midas, but then I remembered his daughter turned to gold, so I don't think that works. <g>

How about this... biologically women are attracted to successful men whom they perceive as being able to support and protect them (I don't care how much a feminist might not like this, it's simple DNA and the primitive human brain in the back of your head.)

And who represents protection and support during a woman's early years--usually the Father. I would take the golden penis as a representation of men who were able to provide shelter and protection in a basic way--the mythology of the human condition rather than a literal depiction. Zeus of the Golden Penis; a male archetype of strength. Men love referring to their genital "muscle" in that regard, and like to think that women find this aspect of a male most alluring. James Bond and the Man With the Golden Gun.

Little do they know we go for the colour of their eyes while their thoughts are with Mr. Golden Eye. Oh dear, we could have some fun with this, but I hope I made my point.

I find it very mythological. Does that help?

sharpchick

ROFL. . . I love it.

Ordered my deck last week, and am now awaiting its arrival in my mailbox. . . impatiently waiting, I should say.

Since it's the Year of the Emperor for me, I will be most interested that card, particularly after these last two posts. . . ;)

cerwinrhiannon

I have it, and don't like it. In fact, I'm considering
selling it.

darwinia

Alas. . .

I'm afraid I've had to do some slash and burn cancellations at amazon.ca and elsewhere to pay for a car repair on the old clunker that is nearing 600,000 kms. in mileage.

Unfortunately, the Intuitive Tarot order had to go so I won't be getting it after all. I've at least got Christmas money coming to pay for the Golden Tarot of Klimt.

Enjoy all.

[Edited to add: "Say it with Cilla!"]

Webwitch

LittleBuddha said:
I don't have it but am very interested too. Had trouble finding many pictures of the cards on the web. Have you got any good links to them, anyone?

Cilla has images of the Intuitive on her website.

http://www.cillaconway.com/cards.htm

She also has a great new deck called "The Creation Cards" which I use for visualisation. Please be aware, however, that the website gives a rather flat picture, whilst the cards themselves when you have them in your hot little hands are amazing!

Cheers,
Webwitch :)

jackdaw*

I broke down and ordered this deck this morning. Amazon.ca had moved its availability date down to ready-to-ship, but I ordered this as part of my free shipping for the Fairytale Tarot, and so won't be receiving it until some time in December.

Very nervous about it now ... I've heard so many raves and so many dislikes! Hope I'm as pleased as I think I will be ...

QofP