My Mystic Dreams Tarot in progress (to be published as The Mystic Dreamer Tarot)

Azurylipfe

DraagonStorm said:
You publish, I buy!

Yes!! This is one of the best that I have seen! Great comp, colors ~~ oh, just great everything. I could see reading with this deck.

BB
DraagonStorm
Thank you, you make me blush :$

Papageno

Azurylipfe said:
thank you:) Can you explain a bit more about the qualities of that henry VIII was that the one who had so many wifes or was that onother henry ?:D If they aren't so good for the emperor card i'd better look for another stock :D i just took this one because he came close to the emperor, that i didn't think or did research for what that personage stood for :| That happens , I think , when i just follow my guts when i make cards :)

following your guts is obviously the right thing to do since, as I said before, Henry VIII is the embodiment of many of the iron fisted qualities of the Emperor. yes, that's the Henry who severed ties with Rome and had 6 wives.
have you ever heard any recordings of the music he composed?
dreadful. but who was going to tell him that. he fancied himself a scholar, poet, musician, lover.......he wanted to be everything, God's Gift.
deep down inside, he knew he was none of these things but.........

I guess what I prefer is an Emperor card that doesn't look so much like him because I look at the Empress and wonder if she's about to be beheaded or sent away. I can't get away from the historical associations........
and your very fresh and welcome approach to the Hierophant contrasts too sharply with the jowly faced Emperor and the long grey hair. The Emperor looks fat and disheveled, past his prime.....and Henry didn't cope with his midlife crisis well. it was not dignified.
he was the quintessential out of control male chauvinist......not to say that the Emperor doesn't possess those qualities in addition to his more noble traits........but I really prefer something less historically recognizable.....the whole deck is so filled with fresh blood and vitality and then I look at that portly man with the straggly grey hair and he looks so out of place......just like the real Henry to the end.

Azurylipfe

Papageno said:
have you ever heard any recordings of the music he composed?

I guess what I prefer is an Emperor card that doesn't look so much like him because I look at the Empress and wonder if she's about to be beheaded or sent away. I can't get away from the historical associations........
male chauvinist......not to say that the Emperor doesn't possess those qualities in addition to his more noble traits........but I really prefer something less historically recognizable.....the whole deck is so filled with fresh blood and vitality and then I look at that portly man with the straggly grey hair and he looks so out of place......just like the real Henry to the end.

thank you for the explanation :) maybe years ago they told me but i sure forgot about his so called musical skills:) Would he sent a pregnant lady away:| it isn't very visible in the small version of the empress card but i made her pregnant :D
You have actually a good point there :|
I thought by giving the emperor grey hair and a bit tired, it would symbolise that the task he has wasn't so easy ( he got grey hairs from it lol) i never would have guessed that i actually made him even more like henry at the end :|
Now the idea is growing to put an extra emperor card in the deck for the ones who make the same connection as you do:) or second option is to replace the king with something less historical:) but then i need to come across to some sitting male stockphoto's and those can be a rare kind lol..

truelighth

I only just found this thread, but I think your deck is really beautiful. Some interesting concepts there, especially with the Lovers. I still have to have a good look at all the cards, but that one jumped out to me.

WolfyJames

Usually, I can't stand that sort of deck (photocollage), the Archeon Tarot being the exception. But after watching your deck carefully card by card I have to say it is quite lovely and atmospheric and I would probably get it if it were to be published. Good luck with it. :)

Azurylipfe

truelighth said:
I only just found this thread, but I think your deck is really beautiful. Some interesting concepts there, especially with the Lovers. I still have to have a good look at all the cards, but that one jumped out to me.

Thank you:), i wanted something else for the lovers. more attatched to eachother, more together and yet apart from eachother, the one soul, two body's thing:). surrender to love but yet have fear that it won't last forever..
i basicly tried for all the cards to catch the emotion of the feeling that the card represents..

Azurylipfe

WolfyJames said:
Usually, I can't stand that sort of deck (photocollage), the Archeon Tarot being the exception. But after watching your deck carefully card by card I have to say it is quite lovely and atmospheric and I would probably get it if it were to be published. Good luck with it. :)

Thank you:)

kanine

Hi, I add to the comments of the others hear and say your cards look great. I like the Ace of Wands, with the bird sitting on a rock that looks like a cracked egg with the wand at the heart.

The only advise I can give is to consider what research you're putting in behind the imagery. I am by no means an expert here, though there are a few on these forums, but I notice you use the moon a lot and it could be something significant for some folks in there readings. Again others are much better placed to advise on such things.

From my point of view you should put whatever you feel portrays the meaning and your feelings about each card. Go for it, I'd certainly consider putting this deck on my shopping list!

Azurylipfe

kanine said:
Hi, I add to the comments of the others hear and say your cards look great. I like the Ace of Wands, with the bird sitting on a rock that looks like a cracked egg with the wand at the heart.

The only advise I can give is to consider what research you're putting in behind the imagery. I am by no means an expert here, though there are a few on these forums, but I notice you use the moon a lot and it could be something significant for some folks in there readings. Again others are much better placed to advise on such things.

From my point of view you should put whatever you feel portrays the meaning and your feelings about each card. Go for it, I'd certainly consider putting this deck on my shopping list!

Thank you :)
You mean why i chosen certain symbols in the cards next to the more traditional ones? like the moon in practicly each card?:) some are more a personal symbol I added , in fact some superstition of me to give them more "power" :) Moon is for me connected with feelings, intuition, for clairvoyance, and for knowing without thinking , and also as a sign of rebirth ->cyclus of the moon. Its a hint that the cards tell you something which you already know but didn't see yet:) ( i sometimes make strange connection, that i think everybody see while its not so :) )
Like the raven who is also in a lot of the cards, that is also on of my personal symbols added into it:) because the raven is concidered a prophet in some parts of the world,a symbol of knowledge, creation. Its also the voice of the death speaking from the other world..

Like you said :D I make the cards pure on how i feel, when the mood isn't there, i won't make the card till the moment is right:) like thats why i'm stuck for the moment with the 9 of cups, i know the symbols i want in them, what the card must tell, but it just wont come:)

Pumpkin

I fell in love with these yesterday.

I hope you will publish them.