Cheap Decks you just have to have!

gregory

I have one but I can't remember the name of it. It is a RWS but made with photo's of people. It is badly done but it has such a happy vibe going on with it. The people look like they've gone through the dressing up box for the costumes but some seem to have really thrown themselves into the essence of the card. It also comes with a DVD and a book. I got it from a bargain discount bookshop.
That's the Simply Tarot I mentioned ! Isn't it - quite something ?

Charmed Deck - a Self Published hand drawn deck from the UK depicted characters from the Charmed series. I think they were $5.00 each - so I splashed out and bought 2 (as you do). :)
I think I want one. Details please ? (I have the PUBLISHED Charmed deck. It is awful, though improbably it reads OK ! - and wasn't even cheap enough for this thread!)

Emily

That's the Simply Tarot I mentioned ! Isn't it - quite something ?

That's it :), thought I was going to have to go and look for it because the name was bugging me.

Emily

Talking of cheap shops selling tarot decks. I got told that The Works in town might be closing down (apparently they have a sale on to get rid of everything). They sell tarot decks in there.
I might go into town next weekend and see if I can get some decks.

Our local Works should have been closing down too but they got a reprieve. They have some good oracle decks in there better than the cheap tarot decks they keep getting but you have to be quick they go fast. I go in there and check each time I'm in town.

Elven

Respectfully snipped by me...
I think I want one. Details please ? (I have the PUBLISHED Charmed deck. It is awful, though improbably it reads OK ! - and wasn't even cheap enough for this thread!)

I couldn't find the details, so I took a Pic for you.
:)
(umm the Thread title did say cheap - and at the time I had to have it ;))

Attachments

• Charmed.jpg
    Charmed.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Charmed swords.jpg
    Charmed swords.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Charmed triquetras.jpg
    Charmed triquetras.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 99

tarotbear

So - really - it's just the Majors - Court cards that have any reference to the characters in the show (Never watched it - don't own a TV - really).

There was a bit of discussion once {here} about someone who draws what would be copyrighted images out by hand ('Fan Art') - if you copy a photo from a movie character out yourself in felt-tip markers - is that really breaking the copyright laws? {the answer is - if money changes hands you have broken the law - so make 100 copies of your illegal deck and GIVE THEM AWAY! :joke: }

Back to our regularly scheduled thread now .... :joke:

Elven

So - really - it's just the Majors - Court cards that have any reference to the characters in the show (Never watched it - don't own a TV - really).

There was a bit of discussion once about someone who draws what would be copyrighted images out by hand ('Fan Art') - if you copy a photo from a movie character out yourself in felt-tip markers - is that really breaking the copyright laws? {the answer is - if money changes hands you have broken the law - so make 100 copies of your illegal deck and GIVE THEM AWAY! :joke: }

Oh yeah! This would be a candidate for copyright - or is that copywrong ;)
Is tracing illegal? ;)
They were so cheap I'm not even sure they covered the cost of the printing and materials - let alone the time it took to trace the artwork.

no TV here either - I bought the DVD set instead :)
ETA - I remember that thread! LOL
Resuming normal programming as instructed ;)

gregory

Respectfully snipped by me...

LOVELY !!! It's even better than mine :D

Aranel

Talking of cheap shops selling tarot decks. I got told that The Works in town might be closing down (apparently they have a sale on to get rid of everything). They sell tarot decks in there.
I might go into town next weekend and see if I can get some decks.

Might see if I can find this one: http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/tarot/tarot-book-and-card-set/9781782446422
Ever since I read the timings thread I've wanted to get a deck with non-scenic minors and that one might fit the bill perfectly.
Or there's even this one! http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/tarot-books/tarot---the-complete-kit/9780762413829 - EDIT: I think this one is the Nova tarot that has already been mentioned. I've just googled it and now I must have it! So cute!

I have them both now! I love love love the Nova. It's so damn cute!
Not too sure about the other one. It would work really well for timings but it's ginormous so is not going to be easy to shuffle.
There was an oracle deck in there that I was tempted to get but I'm trying to save money at the moment so resist. Might get it if it's still there next weekend (there were about 20 copies)

FelicityHart

I have the nova and I love the designs! They're really cute...I found it in one of those junk bags at value village for like...3 bucks for it and a bunch of other stuff. Nice to hear a name as I had no idea what was up with it!

I also really really want this 3D trumps deck. It's basically really kitschy RWT copies that are also 3D lenticular prints and only the trumps. It has 1 star cuz poor fellow didn't read that it's only the trumps and I want it so bad.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/0738736937/...=UTF8&colid=CCVB2RLZP64K&coliid=I9NNXEZBYP5WO