The Linestrider Tarot

Tippyjane

Me too!

Possibly dumb question -- I got my LS today...and the booklet too. On the back of the book it says "edition number" but uh, I cannot for the life of me get a number out of that. I am guessing it is just the artist's signature and they are all signed the same?

I thought I was just going blind - so glad I'm not the only one. I spent some time trying to figure out if it was another language or my bad vision.

Arimaya

I thought I was just going blind - so glad I'm not the only one. I spent some time trying to figure out if it was another language or my bad vision.

HAHAHA! Me too! I turned it upside down, sideways. Wondered if I was having a "blonde moment" :p

I haven't had time to play with it much, but the thinness of the cards is a little worrisome as far as wear and tear. Has anyone heard if the upcoming LoS version will be on heavier stock? If so, might just put this one back and have the other as a use deck...

ldiddy

Adore it

I'm new to tarot (probably 80% collector/20% reader at this point) having caught the fever in April of this year. I found Linestrider via a Tarot page on my flipboard app and am so happy I did. My deck and book are #45/300. This numbering is on both the deck box and the book... It wasn't requested but 45 is one of my favorite numbers so needless to say I was thrilled.

The artwork is just lovely. I'm finding as a reader I like traditional art mediums for the cards and the ink/watercolor used in this deck is fantastic. No borders are different from many of my decks. The white background really lets you focus on the images. I also like the mixture of human and animal imagery throughout. The card backing is a little boring but I would rather boring than annoying or ugly. I also like the cardstock. The cards are about the same as Linestrider (i.e. not the thickest) and I have an wonderful time shuffling and spreading them. I like that the book mentions interactions of cards and have had several of these come up in spreads already.

I look forward to seeing the Llewelyn version and am not all all surprised they picked it up for mass production. Siolo (I think that's right, referring to the creator of the deck) mentioned in her latest update that the backing would be changing and a few cards as well (notably the 8 of cups). I'm super proud to have backed this deck and have a first edition copy.

If you missed out on the first run, I highly recommend picking up the Llewelyn when it arrives.

Many blessings!
LP

Madrigal

Mine arrived today. I've only had a short time to peruse it but some initial impressions...first the deck arrived a little warped and the LWB has some serious bendy, crimped issues due to the packaging and the fact that it's a magazine-style booklet. It measures about 9 x 6 and with the cover in the same design as the cardbacks. Print is tiny.

The cards themselves are an interesting mix and I have to say that here is a rare instance in which the Minors outshine the Majors. The Majors are lovely for sure, but the interpretation of the Minors is really inspired in the most unique and pithy way. Minimal but getting right to the heart of the card meaning. Very impressed. I don't mind the backs. I've got decks with backs far less aesthetically pleasing.

The LWB looks to be pretty standard in terms of definition though she adds birthday (?), numerological and herbal correspondences to each card. Plus the order of the cards in the LWB is a bit peculiar. Each suit starts with the Pages then moves on to the Twos and follows chronologically up through to the Tens then moves onto Knights, Kings and Queen and ends with the Aces.

All in all I'm excited to begin working with this deck in particular to seeing how the wonderful Pips reveal themselves more deeply.

mydearruby

Mine arrived today. I've only had a short time to peruse it but some initial impressions...first the deck arrived a little warped and the LWB has some serious bendy, crimped issues due to the packaging and the fact that it's a magazine-style booklet. It measures about 9 x 6 and with the cover in the same design as the cardbacks. Print is tiny.

My deck has some quality issue as well but Siolo is very responsive and responsible after I contacted her. Perhaps she would do something for yours as well.

I am kinda sad that I am still yet to be able to connect with this one. The style and design is very refreshing, but perhaps I am just not as *fashionably minimalist* as I would label myself to be.

Cocobird55

I spent some time playing with it, and couldn't connect with it either. It is nice to look through it, thoughl

magpie9

I spent some time playing with it, and couldn't connect with it either. It is nice to look through it, thoughl

I connect.maybe im just lucky. Wonderful magic deck.

MissChiff

I recived mine yesterday and it sat in the mailbox overnite. I must be losing it. Anyway I agree that the minor is better. No problems with warping and I can't tell if my cards are numbered or if it's a signature.

Cuilfaen

My Linestrider came in the mail today :D :D :D
(huge surprise as the tracking information didn´t change since June 1st).

Little bending issues on the LWB but the cards are perfectly fine.
There is a signature on the back of the LWB. The card-box itself is signed and numbered (mine is 140 of 300).
I would have loved a better card stock, but it´s an "okay" one - I definitely have decks with worse card stock. And the writing in the LWB is really, really tiny... thankfully my eyesight is alright, so I don´t need a magnifying glass. But it´s barely so. So that could be a problem for some.

The images really are beautiful, as expected :heart: (I probably have to add some better visible eyes though, like with the Star for example).

Right now the deck´s only whispering to me, but I feel for sure, once I tuned in to the right "frequency", it´ll talk clearly with a warm and gentle voice.
As I´m working with the Tarot of the Hidden Realm right now, it´ll have to wait though (at least if I can restrain myself)...

edit: ok... already filled in all the pupils and iris´ I was missing (except for the Justice card, which I liked with those white eyes) and gave a hint of colour to the fox of the Ace of Wands and the deck´s already gaining on me. The cards look SO beautiful together spread out.

hopena

I've just seen this deck in Books a Million (yesterday). Thought about buying it, but I'm barely using my decks, and it would be an impulse thing. Still thinking about going back for it. Does anyone else like it?