The Linestrider Tarot

mydearruby

I v already started worrying how to keep them from yellowing...any tips from those ironwing owners???

magpie9

Love it, love it, love it and believe it will read like a dream :thumbsup:

Dark Victory '39

This feels like a much more grown up deck than i initially thought (maybe in part due to some of the bare-breasted drawings?) Not that nudity can't be whimsical. Anyway, first impressions are this seems very well-thought-out, and it's a really nice presentation. Great matte card stock, detailed book; that herblore is interesting-- anyone planning on utilizing it somehow? I was a little worried about how it would be as a reader because i wasnt sure what i would do with the cards that were solidly 'animal' but had time for a quick three card spread this morning and it was pretty organic. it's also great to have cards that all look so good together in terms of color scheme.

I have to admit i'm enjoying all the white space on the cards, though there are a few images i wish were a tad bigger, knights of wands and cups for example. Also didn't realize that was a snake under the birds' feet on the lovers card until i read it in the book. But those are really minor things. I've never encountered a deck that feels like this, with this sort of vibe: elegant, easy, organic, whimsical but mature. Reminds me a tiny bit of Deirdre of the Sorrows.

My favorite card is the 8 of cups-- the one entirely done in (is it charcoals?)-- sorry, im ignorant about artist's mediums. I almost wish there were a couple other dark cards like that because they look so amazing with the pastels, but i respect that the creator seems to have had a plan. Looking forward to using it, and excited that so many of the cards have human figures in it, not just animals.

Editing to add: was packaged well too. plastic around the cards inside the box, as well as the box being wrapped, and then inside a bubblewrap mailer along with the book. We had several days of hard rain and my postman left it on the stoop. My thoughts on the lavender backs are that i like them, like the chrysanthemumesque design. It's actually living in a medium sized deck of the dead mausoleum pouch and i think i'll keep it there. (i only have the large size dead deck and a jumbo pouch to match, but couldn't hold off from getting the tidy mausoleum in medium in hopes for some unknown future deck. i guess this is the one.)

Bullfly7

This feels like a much more grown up deck than i initially thought (maybe in part due to some of the bare-breasted drawings?) Not that nudity can't be whimsical. Anyway, first impressions are this seems very well-thought-out, and it's a really nice presentation. Great matte card stock, detailed book; that herblore is interesting-- anyone planning on utilizing it somehow? I was a little worried about how it would be as a reader because i wasnt sure what i would do with the cards that were solidly 'animal' but had time for a quick three card spread this morning and it was pretty organic. it's also great to have cards that all look so good together in terms of color scheme.

I have to admit i'm enjoying all the white space on the cards, though there are a few images i wish were a tad bigger, knights of wands and cups for example. Also didn't realize that was a snake under the birds' feet on the lovers card until i read it in the book. But those are really minor things. I've never encountered a deck that feels like this, with this sort of vibe: elegant, easy, organic, whimsical but mature. Reminds me a tiny bit of Deirdre of the Sorrows.

My favorite card is the 8 of cups-- the one entirely done in (is it charcoals?)-- sorry, im ignorant about artist's mediums. I almost wish there were a couple other dark cards like that because they look so amazing with the pastels, but i respect that the creator seems to have had a plan. Looking forward to using it, and excited that so many of the cards have human figures in it, not just animals.

Editing to add: was packaged well too. plastic around the cards inside the box, as well as the box being wrapped, and then inside a bubblewrap mailer along with the book. We had several days of hard rain and my postman left it on the stoop. My thoughts on the lavender backs are that i like them, like the chrysanthemumesque design. It's actually living in a medium sized deck of the dead mausoleum pouch and i think i'll keep it there. (i only have the large size dead deck and a jumbo pouch to match, but couldn't hold off from getting the tidy mausoleum in medium in hopes for some unknown future deck. i guess this is the one.)

I also love the 8 of cups very much. I am almost positive that she used watercolors. I have dont greyscapes with watercolors with a similar effect.
I will have to do a few readings before I can make my final decision on them but for now, I really like them.

Arimaya

Possibly dumb question -- I got my LS today...and the booklet too. On the back of the book it says "edition number" but uh, I cannot for the life of me get a number out of that. I am guessing it is just the artist's signature and they are all signed the same?

Cocobird55

I can't read the edition number on the back of the book either. But the number in the set is readable on the box.

Madrigal

Mine shipped out today. Really looking forward to exploring this one. Online images give me the feeling of it as a sister or cousin to the Wild Unknown.

stone_lotus

I'd somehow missed hearing about this gorgeous deck and then saw images on a friend's Instagram and fell powerfully, dizzily in love and went posthaste to the artist's site and saw to my horror that she had sold almost all copies and wouldn't be making any more and then, OOPS, click-click-click, aaaaaaand order paid and confirmed... And now eagerly awaiting!! I hope it doesn't take too long to ship to Japan...

illyria

I'd somehow missed hearing about this gorgeous deck and then saw images on a friend's Instagram and fell powerfully, dizzily in love and went posthaste to the artist's site and saw to my horror that she had sold almost all copies and wouldn't be making any more and then, OOPS, click-click-click, aaaaaaand order paid and confirmed... And now eagerly awaiting!! I hope it doesn't take too long to ship to Japan...

Hi, stone_lotus.

I'm happy for you! Siolo did say the Linestrider is being published by Llewellyn next year. But for someone as in love as you are, sooner rather than later, right?

I'm based in the Philippines, and I'm still waiting for mine to arrive via my forwarder.

Piasabird

Hi stone_lotus! Thank you! Had gone to the Linestrider yesterday when the site said sold out. Had given up until the Llewellyn issue. Saw your note; went back just this minute and was able to order it. So lucky of me thanks to you!![emoji4]