The Zombie Tarot

la-luna

Mine arrived Monday, I love the theme and how it has been worked out throughout the whole deck. It is consistent in style and feeling - very vintage, very tongue-in-cheek (the same kind of humour that made the housewives such a success)

DaughterOfDanu

Any day now!
Anyone with an order into Amazon get notice of shipment yet?

HOLMES

hmm

the link to the janet boyer information on the deck was the first time i saw the deck.

some of the artwork was kind of out there, in partcular was the heads on the 7 of swords that unnever me,, beats me why , oh it felt like a college deck
but to tell the truth i love the other card images the magican,, the emperor..
i now want to get this deck after i saw the images.
yay .

shadowdancer

mine is winging its way from the BD :)

My Tarot Playbook should also be here any day (has been 2 weeks in transit) and I am seriously looking forward to having some fun with the two together. May even offer some zombiefied readings on the exchange.

This is a deck I am yet to read anything negative about. It really seems to have captured hearts (not literally,but hey being zombies you never know) and minds across the board. And I cannot wait to dive in :)

nejigurlmimi

I'm actually quite excited about this deck :) even though the Housewives Tarot never really caught my eye but this one just seems fun. Right now I'm waiting for Amazon to let me know when they ship mine out :) . It says it will be released June 5 ad Then I'll get it June 7th. I can't wait!! >.<

HOLMES

ah

edited to take out link
as it was to a differnt zombie tarot all together.

HOLMES

amazing

you are right,, I had no idea that there was to zombies tarots coming out.
i guess i should of expected it, as trends in the tarot points to two of a genre usually coming out about the same time.
I shall edit my post.

DaughterOfDanu

I got my shipping notice this evening! :D Says it'll be here Wednesday!

DaughterOfDanu

It's here!!
Time for my impressions!!

I've been waiting for this deck since late November. Time has flown by except for the last two weeks when I realized how close I was to actually having this deck.

Firstly, I love the box. Its pretty large (And also really sturdy which is great!) but like the review said it's about the size of a box of shotgun shells. Very retro with "Mystical Prediction Oracle" on the bottom. I love how much thought the people who did this and the Housewives tarot put into their decks. Even the boxes are stellar.

Flipping through the LWB I think it's pretty well done. Pages are 'faded' and aged looking and even the card meanings are tied into the zombie theme which is great. They include a black and white image of the card's main characters (With a solid colored background) and then its meaning.

Cardstock is nice and thick. I think its thicker than the Housewives but I'm not 100% sure. Cards are just as wide but longer than the Housewives, too.

The spreads are pretty nice. It includes the typical PPF, but the rest are zombie themed with very practical every-day uses. I'd say they tend to lean towards more 'general' readings rather than anything specific, minus one which is love themed.

Honestly, I'm in love. The cards are RWS based which makes for a very easy read. They're both insightful and amusing. This deck will replace the deck I've been keeping in my purse as I feel this is going to be one that I work a lot with.

Would I be caught reading with it in public? Sure! Most who know me know I love survival horror/zombie themed things. And I'm more than proud to have this well thought out and wonderful working deck in my posession.