The Zombie Tarot

DaughterOfDanu

It just dawned on me that this deck should be due out soon.
I'm hoping Amazon has an early release!!This has been on preorder for me since Nov (Around the same time that I preordered the Steampunk tarot)

I love the additional scans. They're everything I hoped it would be. It's got the awesome retro vibe to it too.

I found with the Housewives, that some of the cards helped me rethink how I viewed it. For example, it really helped the meaning of Judgement sink in, with the woman stepping on the scale, her body replaced by various foods (Things she ate and now has to face the consequences of possible weight gain) and I can see it here too in this deck- the Heirophant and The Devil already have me giggling with delight at how the art really speaks the meaning.

strings of life

I have had this on preorder since I don't even know when.

Cannot wait!

The Housewives is a firm favorite and I expect this deck to be just as well thought out.

Queen of Disks

I found a few more cards to look at.

http://www.janetboyer.com/Zombie-Tarot.html

OMG I'm counting down the minutes till this deck comes out, it's hilarious. I LOVE it!

Sold. Shut up and take my money!!! :party:

This is the first deck I've seen in aeons that I NEED to have. I love it, and the meanings I am getting off of the samples are very smart and ironic. Like the Tower, where the people have walled themselves high up in their tower yet their problems still get in and come back to bite them. Literally. And they are trapped now. :eek: Or Justice: do you use your heart or your brain? Tough question. And 4 of Hazards. Doomsday Preppers much? And the Devil card makes me think of all the times I have heard of people saying they would kill for a cigarette. Well here's their chance...

The cards that I see remind me of Night of the Living Dead (especially the Heirophant), it's got a lovely 1950's horror vibe to it with George C Romero movies mixed in. I can't wait to see the rest of it! :thumbsup:

shadowdancer

This looks cool. I need to have a deck I can read with, and get oodles from. Even though this is a little ... erm... off the wall, I reckon it could be a good reading deck. :)

So what may stop me buying it?? I would not be able to use it for face to face readings. I just know I would not be taken seriously. Most of my face to face readings are at a twice yearly festival here in Christchurch.

Online readings would be a hoot though. Decisions, decisions. I just don't want to buy it and then have it hanging around not being used. I have too many decks doing that.

Look forward to various reviews from AT'ers to help me jump one way or another from this fence sitting position.

shadowdancer

aahh shucks. I have succumbed.

Less than $20 NZ - bit of a bargain. Looks like when it arrives I may have to offer some readings on the readings exchange with it. I just cannot see myself using it for face to face readings :) It is a deck that has yet to have a negative review posted about it. And it does look fun.

Le Fanu

Just found this in stock at the Book Depository (UK) and ordered it. I just love the look of this deck.

But the fact that it says "usually" dispatched within 48 hours makes me skeptical. We'll see.

*sits and awaits cancelling email*

vee

I have it on pre-order from Amazon and it says June 5th for shipping. So hopefully that will happen!

Alamaris

Just found this in stock at the Book Depository (UK) and ordered it. I just love the look of this deck.

But the fact that it says "usually" dispatched within 48 hours makes me skeptical. We'll see.

*sits and awaits cancelling email*

Don't despair, the copy for my Ladyfriend came a few days ago from BD!

I'm leaving it in the cling-wrap until we can look through it together, so I haven't any impressions for y'all yet.

DaughterOfDanu

Darn! I was so sure Amazon would have shipped it sooner than this. The Steampunk tarot was shipped quite a while before its release date.

Waiting on pins and needles. Especially since my most recent edition to my tarot collection has been such a flop.

LadyDeborah

I pre-ordered these back in March. I didn't know much about them, but I think they could be interesting. I hope they are.